DOJ: No There is No College Rape Culture

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Anyone who actually bought into this 1 and 5 women being sexually assaulted on campus figure has shit for brains. Common sense should have told you that was absurd. In fact, the assault rate against female students is actually half that of non-students. Feminists tried to push a 1 and 4 myth back in the 90s and their argument unraveled rather quickly.

The best way to deal with this situation is any time a sexual assault is reported to a university the accuser should be immediately referred to the local police and let them handle it. No more brushing the alleged victims under the rug or setting up kangaroo courts for the accused by the university. Pretty simple solution.

A new analysis of crime data by the Department of Justice has found that collegiate women are less likely to be assaulted than their non-student peers, and their overall victimization rate is closer to one in forty than the oft-cited one in five.

The report, compiled by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), relies upon years of data collected in the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), a national survey of tens of thousands of households that seeks to measure the frequency of American crime, both reported and unreported.

The data spans the period from 1995-2013, and looks at females from the ages of 18 to 24, dubbed “college-age.” Over that period, the average number of sexual assaults suffered annually by college-age women not attending school was 65,700, while for those attending school it was substantially lower, at 31,300.

DOJ .61 Percent Of Students Are Sexually Assaulted The Daily Caller

I agree with you 100%, I never understood how a college could bypass the legal system.

A little bit of a different situation, but look at the thing with that moron at PSU. How was he not turned over to the police IMMEDIATELY?

On the topic of rape, why would women go to campus security,rather than actual cops?

One of the issues is definitions. Using the Rolling Stone definition, a boy or man who attempted to kiss a girl without her permission was guilty of sexual assault. Most women have had unwanted advances - these simply are not sexual assault. The lie of the anti-culture is simply what Sexual Assault is, and isn't.

Another shameful example of how certain fanatics may twist the statistical data in the favor of their interest.
I do not like to be lied to, and though I respect women deeply, I do not like much of what feminists are doing.
Good to know that college does not equal rape as they tried to convince us.

Forum List

Back