DOJ Appeals Trump Judges Special Master Ruling

ok, are you both forkup and busybee?
My post 24 was replying to busybee, but I'm happy to reply to your posts.
If you ask a question in an OP that has already been answered pointing out that fact seems reasonable don't you think?

Well I did, I also watched ideological commentators... VERY ideological commentators.
Barr about 10 seconds in.
-Cannon decided without precedent I'm aware of that she had the right to enjoin in a civil matter the government in the criminal matter of Trump's document stash
-She decided that an injunction that is supposed to have a reasonable chance to succeed in the case of Trump should be executed even if the chances of succeeding were "unlikely"
-She decided that Trump is allowed to attempt to prevent the government from looking at their own documents.
-She decided that a special master should be able to cut out not just documents shielded by attorney-client privilege but also by executive privilege. Without even establishing the parameters for what executive privilege means in this context.
-She decided that irreparable harm is inflicted by the mere threat of an indictment as opposed to the usual standard. An actual indictment.

As a justification for all those things, she came up with some pretty strained arguments that seem to only be applicable to the person Trump.

Namely that somehow his position as a former president makes his reputation somehow more important than that of regular people. And that his previous position somehow makes the presumption of fairness somehow more applicable.

I count at least five actions she took in order to come to her ruling that are rare to unheard of. And the justification for it is pure favoritism without any link to what the law actually states.

1. There is no criminal matter. The PRA is not a criminal statute.
2. Considering that Trump is favored to win in 2024, the reputation argument is valid.
3. We'll have to wait and see how the appeal process plays out.
4. Both Dershowitz and Turley say the DOJ overplayed their hand. We'll see.

If you ask a question in an OP that has already been answered pointing out that fact seems reasonable don't you think?
ok, but its not my OP.
Not sure what question you're referring to.
Or which answer you're referring to.
You probably intended the above post to indeependent.

I don’t resent Barr for not wanting to lose his career.
Ah, so now Barr all of a sudden wants to "save his career". How pray tell is he doing that exactly by going on Fox and throwing Trump under the bus? Do you think Biden sees that and thinks " this Barr dude is not such a bad guy, after all, let's offer him a job?"

Ah, so now Barr all of a sudden wants to "save his career". How pray tell is he doing that exactly by going on Fox and throwing Trump under the bus? Do you think Biden sees that and thinks " this Barr dude is not such a bad guy, after all, let's offer him a job?"
Barr will be around until he retires.
His salary, benefits and pension are important to him.
Why is this so hard to grasp?

ok, are you both forkup and busybee?
My post 24 was replying to busybee, but I'm happy to reply to your posts.
Multiple, fake, ever changing names is from people who want to lie and hide.

Trump Gets Special, MAGA Justice From Judge

As President Donald Trump continues to moan that the Biden DOJ, Attorney General Merrick Garland, and the deep state continue to victimize him, he’s received special treatment beyond that accorded to virtually any other party to a criminal proceeding.

The opinion issued by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon for the Southern District of Florida granted him that, taking the virtually unprecedented steps of suspending the use of seized materials for the government’s investigation and instituting a special master.

Nobody else who faces the U.S. criminal justice system receives this kind of treatment.

Judge Cannon alluded repeatedly in her opinion to Trump’s status as a former president, holding at one point that it set up high stakes for the case, and suggesting that special treatment was thus unavoidable.

“As a function of Plaintiff’s former position as President of the United States, the stigma associated with the subject seizure is in a league of its own,” the ruling reads. “A future indictment, based to any degree on property that ought to be returned, would result in reputational harm of a decidedly different order of magnitude.”

Reputational harm? Really? He orchestrated a coup, was the worst prez in US history, and stole classified docs. How much more can his reputation be harmed?

1. Democrat judges are partisan. Republican judges follow the law. It shouldn't matter who appointed the judge. You're whining that 5 of 11 judges is skewed to Trump?? You aren't a math major are you?

2. So if Cannon's decision is upheld on appeal, you'll apologize to Cannon in a post?
Cannon didn’t follow the law. She demonstrated considerable pro-Trump bias. She practically dude the lawyering for Trump’s crappy lawyers.

Of course the DoJ would appeal.
Judge Cannon's ruling would stall and impede the Federal investigation of Trump.

"The U.S. Dept. of Justice on Thursday filed a notice of appeal against U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling allowing Donald Trump the “special master” his legal team requested. The order also halted DOJ from taking any investigative steps in conjunction with the 13,000 items, including more than 100 classified documents federal agents seized during the August 8 search warrant execution of Mar-a-Lago"

"“The Justice Department also argued that a former president cannot assert executive privilege after he leaves office, and that it is not possible for one part of the executive branch to assert privilege to shield documents from another part,” The Washington Post reports, but notes that the “appeals process could take longer than any document review by the special master.”

I think it would stall it anyway, but with time as a critical factor, the DOJ is exercising its concern by way of this bogus special master that does nothing.

Cannon didn’t follow the law. She demonstrated considerable pro-Trump bias. She practically dude the lawyering for Trump’s crappy lawyers.
But, but, she was concerned for his reputation. Don't worry about the nuclear secrets. LOL! What a fucking idiot this woman is. She hasn't got enough sense to pour piss out of a boot.

But, but, she was concerned for his reputation. Don't worry about the nuclear secrets. LOL! What a fucking idiot this woman is. She hasn't got enough sense to pour piss out of a boot.
But the public wants a special master so they should get a special master. The law? Who cares.

Forum List

Back