DOJ Admits Federal Government Ran Informants Inside the Oath Keepers on Jan. 6 & they could be called to testify under 6th Amendment

I have seen zero evidence that the people who were at the Trump rally left there to storm the Capital. Quite frankly, the time line of the two events makes that highly improbable.
Login and reason need not apply in this case. All that matters is feelz, and reasons, and shut up and sit down because Orange Man Bad. Besides, Jan 6.

If they had people inside, why did they not warn of the supposedly planned "innsurrection"?
The possibility that the "informants" were involved or leading the "insurrection" is certainly one of the big questions to be asked.
Your two thoughts, are diametrically opposed in their possibility.

You in one breath claim that the informants were the one's who instigated the violence, and in the next breath that they should have warned their superiors, but have to tell them that the proud boys would have to be goaded into any violence.

I ask the question again...why would someone planning a violent insurrection offer to bolster the security of the place that he intends to storm? Why would Trump offer the National Guard, Occupied? Again...use your head!
Read Trumps orders to the Sec of Defense. He said the national guard was to only be used to PROTECT THE PROTESTERS. They weren't to be issued any riot gear, or weapons, or given the power to detain or arrest anyone.

Read the Sec of Defense orders to the National Guard. Their orders gave them no power to protect the Capitol.

I ask the question again...why would someone planning a violent insurrection offer to bolster the security of the place that he intends to storm? Why would Trump offer the National Guard, Occupied? Again...use your head!
Trump never called the NG to restore order. It had to be done behind his back.

Those people left the Trump rally, geared up for a fight and then immediately stormed the capital. There was no intermediate interval where anyone besides Trump had a chance to whip up an otherwise peaceful crowd.
Yet the protest started well before Trump finished his rally.
From what the January 6th committee found out. It was a two pronged attack. The oath keapers and proud boys started the fight before Trump finished talking, and the crowd that Trump sent were reinforcements who would rush into the breech.

I have seen zero evidence that the people who were at the Trump rally left there to storm the Capital. Quite frankly, the time line of the two events makes that highly improbable.
This is why the oath keepers and proud boys were the one's charged with seditious conspiracy. They were the spear head, and the people at the rally merely the reinforcements. The second wave.

Just like the army sends the cavalry to punch a hole in the enemy lines, and the infantry to overpower the enemies broken lines.

From what the January 6th committee found out. It was a two pronged attack. The oath keapers and proud boys started the fight before Trump finished talking, and the crowd that Trump sent were reinforcements who would rush into the breech.
Prior preparation and coordination by the jerks in tactical gear is self evident. They damned sure had a plan.

Prior preparation and coordination by the jerks in tactical gear is self evident. They damned sure had a plan.

The more that comes out about January 6th, the more planning and coordination is revealed. What looked like a disorganized mob, was actually taking a lesson from the BLM riots. That a peaceful crowd can be stirred into violence, by a small disruptive element within them. That protesters would't break into a store, but if someone broke the windows or breached the doors, the crowd would rush into the opening.

I have no story to change. Repeating the credibly verified accounts of what happened doesn't make it MY story.

Except, you just said that maybe they didn't know it would be that bad. That conflicts with the idea that they were planning an "insurrection".

Your two thoughts, are diametrically opposed in their possibility.

You in one breath claim that the informants were the one's who instigated the violence, and in the next breath that they should have warned their superiors, but have to tell them that the proud boys would have to be goaded into any violence.

Hence my use of the word "if". I don't believe that there were plans to have an "insurrection" or even a riot. Thus, the lack of warning makes complete sense, AND undermines the claims of the Left.

AND, I am open to the possibility that the government agents were the ones pushing for more aggressive law breaking.

Oh there was a plan. It's mostly come out since then. I think people just got so used to laughing off all the insurrection/coup talk by the right that no one took it seriously enough. Don't worry. it's being taken very seriously now. You wanted to be taken seriously didn't you?

I want the agents to be identified and questioned, so we know their role in events.

And there was no plan for an "insurrection". That's nonsense right up there with, "they had a noose built to hang people".

The thousands of hours of video taken by the traitors storming the capital do not support the agent provocateur theory at all. Trump gathered the worst of his militant followers in one place and then pointed them at the capital.

So militant that no one was killed, except one of them.

Meanwhile, dozens died in your lefty race riots, adn no one cares.

Gratefully, we can look forward to the J6 Committee hearings resuming again next week.
They have already done excellent work detailing the timelines of who did what and when did they do it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

And then, from farther up in the thread, this comment:

"If the FBI was enticing those militia members in Michigan to kidnap Governor Whitmer is it really a stretch to imagine them doing the same thing with protesters at the Jan 6th protests?"

As far as the "FBI was enticing those militia members in Michigan".....well, I dunno.

I kinda hafta be persuaded by the 12 member jury in their unanimous verdict on August 23rd of this year.
They heard FBI's snitches from the witness stand. And the jury believed they were 'informants' not 'enticers'.

To wit:

Aug 23 (Reuters) - A jury on Tuesday convicted two men accused of conspiring to trigger "a second American revolution" by kidnapping Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, handing the U.S. government a victory in its second attempt to prosecute the case.

The pair, who the government said were members of the Three Percenters militia group..... face the possibility of life in prison.

By kidnapping the governor and putting her "on trial," they said, the men hoped to push the country into open conflict as a contentious presidential election approached in November 2020.
"They wanted to set off a second American Civil War and a second American Revolution," Assistant U.S. Attorney Nils Kessler told jurors during closing arguments on Monday.

In the retrial, prosecutors again used testimony from FBI informants and two key witnesses who pleaded guilty to kidnapping conspiracy charges. "They didn’t want to just kidnap her," Kessler said, referring to Whitmer. "They wanted to execute her."

I have no story to change. Repeating the credibly verified accounts of what happened doesn't make it MY story.
I'll ask again cause 8 know you can't answer this. You painted yourself into a former.

Why would the FBI be infiltrating a terrorist group if they can't even determine when "insurrection day" was happening EVEN AFTER Trump said which day it would be?

Hence my use of the word "if". I don't believe that there were plans to have an "insurrection" or even a riot. Thus, the lack of warning makes complete sense, AND undermines the claims of the Left.

AND, I am open to the possibility that the government agents were the ones pushing for more aggressive law breaking.
Except that makes no sense, knowing what the January 6th committee has been able to unveil. From the convictions of the people involved in January 6th, each makes clearer the actuality of what happened.

They were clearly students of military history, and used military tactics and planning. The idea of federal informants being the one's to have planned, or instigated any of it is clearly belied by the groups using those same military tactics and training long before arriving on the government radar.

I'll ask again cause 8 know you can't answer this. You painted yourself into a former.

Why would the FBI be infiltrating a terrorist group if they can't even determine when "insurrection day" was happening EVEN AFTER Trump said which day it would be?
You assume I have some special knowledge of the FBI. Sorry, I don't. Even though they might have done some things I disagree with, I don't think they are a criminal organization as you seem to.

I want the agents to be identified and questioned, so we know their role in events.

And there was no plan for an "insurrection". That's nonsense right up there with, "they had a noose built to hang people".
Actually their reports have been the basis for the seditious conspiracy charges, they've been able to get convictions for.

The extent of the planning by the leaders is why the heads got convicted, even though they weren't anywhere near Washington DC when it happened.

You assume I have some special knowledge of the FBI. Sorry, I don't. Even though they might have done some things I disagree with, I don't think they are a criminal organization as you seem to.
The FBI wasn't necessarily free to reveal what they knew, due to it would reveal sources (the informants they had) and methods. It was the same dilemma faced by Bletchley park, and how using the Enigma code breaking to warn one convoy, would warn the Germans of their unbreakable code having been broken. Causing them to re-scramble the code, forcing Turing to start anew from scratch on the new code.

Read Trumps orders to the Sec of Defense. He said the national guard was to only be used to PROTECT THE PROTESTERS. They weren't to be issued any riot gear, or weapons, or given the power to detain or arrest anyone.

Read the Sec of Defense orders to the National Guard. Their orders gave them no power to protect the Capitol.
Why don't you post Trump's "orders", Gene?

Forum List

Back