Does XFL Practice Racial Discrimination ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another AA loonfest.
You have nothing also. Until anybody can positively prove it's not AA, we can't rule it out.

There are 8 teams in a white owned league. The owners care about who they can get the most production from. Period.

The average salary in this league will be about 55k per season.
Hardly enough to live comfortably and retire on. They will likely be gone as quickly as the USFL was, leaving you in yet another AA conspiracy hunt...LMAO.

Another AA loonfest.
You have nothing also. Until anybody can positively prove it's not AA, we can't rule it out.
I hypothesize that the population of black people hold a statistical advantage over white people when it comes to some of the athletic abilities that is important to being a good football player. A hypothesis that is somewhat taboo to make, but I did it.

Another AA loonfest.

There are 8 teams in a white owned league. The owners care about who they can get the most production from. Period.

Hardly enough to live comfortably and retire on. They will likely be gone as quickly as the USFL was, leaving you in yet another AA conspiracy hunt...LMAO.
No need to confirm your lack of evidence pertaining to Affirmative Action (presence or absence of it). You already established that you're no more than a guesser. Same as the others here.

Another AA loonfest.
I hypothesize that the population of black people hold a statistical advantage over white people when it comes to some of the athletic abilities that is important to being a good football player. A hypothesis that is somewhat taboo to make, but I did it.
Although it appears that you also are just guessing, I'm curious about what you mean by "statistical advantage", and what source of any evidence you might have.

Another AA loonfest.
Although it appears that you also are just guessing, I'm curious about what you mean by "statistical advantage", and what source of any evidence you might have.
Who is the Fastest Man in the World? Top Ten Quickest 100m Sprinters in History

The top 10 fastest men in history for the 100 M dash are all black men (see link). The linked article does not specify the race/color of each man, but if you google each name you will see that they are all black. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

Note: The list given at the link is from August, 2012. Its a few years old, but I'm to lazy to find a newer list.

Another AA loonfest.

The top 10 fastest men in history for the 100 M dash are all black men (see link). The linked article does not specify the race/color of each man, but if you google each name you will see that they are all black. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

Note: The list given at the link is from August, 2012. Its a few years old, but I'm to lazy to find a newer list.
100 M dash is merely one athletic endeavor, among hundreds of things. If we're to use only 1 like that, they could claim white superiority by Don Larsen, a white Danish guy being the only MLB pitcher to ever pitch a perfect game in the World Series - a feat requiring immense physical ability, including power, finess, control, and nerves of steel.

Another AA loonfest.

100 M dash is merely one athletic endeavor, among hundreds of things. If we're to use only 1 like that, they could claim white superiority by Don Larsen, a white Danish guy being the only MLB pitcher to ever pitch a perfect game in the World Series - a feat requiring immense physical ability, including power, finess, control, and nerves of steel.
Yes, it's one athletic endeavor that is very important to playing football. Also, I didn't present just one person, but a top 10 list in which everyone is black.

Anyway, it is just a hypothesis, based on some casual observations.

Yes, it's one athletic endeavor that is very important to playing football. Also, I didn't present just one person, but a top 10 list in which everyone is black.

Quite a number of things are important in football. There's a number of things important just to any single position, and these all vary from position to position.

Bottom line is probably that there have been top players in all positions who were white. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Joey Bosa, JJWatt, Travis Kelce, Greg Olsen, Christian McCaffery, etc.

Last edited:

Quite a number of things are important in football. There's a number of things important just to any single position, and these all vary from position to position.

Bottom line is probably that there have been top players in positions who were white.
Yes, there have been many great white players. Are you forgetting your own OP? Why are black players over represented in the XFL? (and same could be asked about the NFL). If you disagree with my hypothesis, that's fine.

I personally don't believe that there are a over representation of black players in the NFL or XFL due to affirmative action. I believe that a majority of the best players happen to be black.

Bottom line is probably that there have been top players in positions who were white.
Yes, there have been many great white players. Are you forgetting your own OP? Why are black players over represented in the XFL? (and same could be asked about the NFL). If you disagree with my hypothesis, that's fine.

I personally don't believe that there are a over representation of black players in the NFL or XFL due to affirmative action. I believe that a majority of the best players happen to be black.

I don't know how it could be determined that a majority of best players happen to be black, since we are only able to see those players who were hired. We can't judge them against other players who never got hired, any more than we can compare workers hired by Affirmative Action vs those denied a job from AA. We still don't know if AA is a factor. If it is, we aren't seeing all the players to compare to.

Everyone is entitled to (as you say) "believe", .....speculate, guess, theorize, but thus far no evidence has come forth regarding Affirmative Action.

That doesn't mean it won't. Lots of people deal with the hiring of about 1,500 NFL players. Possibly one of them will offer information. Until then, I withhold judgement.

Last edited:

I don't know how it could be determined that a majority of best players happen to be black, since we are only able to see those players who were hired. We can't judge them against other players who never got hired, any more than we can compare workers hired by Affirmative Action vs those denied a job from AA. We still don't know if AA is a factor. If it is, we aren't seeing all the players to compare to.

Everyone is entitled to (as you say) "believe", .....speculate, guess, theorize, but thus far no evidence has come forth regarding Affirmative Action.

That doesn't mean it won't. Lots of people deal with the hiring of about 1,500 NFL players. Possibly one of them will offer information. Until then, I withhold judgement.
Actually, we do get to see most all of the players. They tend to play college ball and then there is the NFL draft. If you follow the NFL draft, you can find ratings of how good each player from college is and predictions as to which round he will be picked. Thus far, I've seen no AA points given to players applying for the NFL draft.

Another AA loonfest.

No need to confirm your lack of evidence pertaining to Affirmative Action (presence or absence of it). You already established that you're no more than a guesser. Same as the others here.

There is nothing to "guess" about.

Professional sports, generally speaking, left AA behind long ago, when the NFL, NBA, and MLB desegregated.

Organized professional team sports is one of the few professions where nepotism, cronyism and favoritism does not supersede ability and performance, ON THE FIELD.

Different story in the front office/management side. A case could definitely be made there as far as AA being a factor.

Even you should know that.

Last edited:
Actually, we do get to see most all of the players. They tend to play college ball and then there is the NFL draft. If you follow the NFL draft, you can find ratings of how good each player from college is and predictions as to which round he will be picked. Thus far, I've seen no AA points given to players applying for the NFL draft.
The fact that you haven't "seen" them, doesn't men they don't exist. Also, I've seen quite a few very good white college players, and then after college, you no longer hear from them again. Why not ? Could it be Affirmative Action in the draft/hiring ? So far, from anything I've seen in this thread, I would have to say POSSIBLY.

Also, who is to say that affirmative action is/is not being used to select players to join the college teams ? Or high school ?

There is nothing to "guess" about.

Professional sports, generally speaking, left AA behind long ago, when the NFL, NBA, and MLB desegregated.

Organized professional team sports is one of the few professions where nepotism, cronyism and favoritism does not supersede ability and performance, ON THE FIELD.

Different story in the front office/management side. A case could definitely be made there as far as AA being a factor.

Even you should know that.
That whole post is one big "guess". You present zero evidence of anything. No better than any of the other posters in this thread.

The fact that you haven't "seen" them, doesn't men they don't exist. Also, I've seen quite a few very good white college players, and then after college, you no longer hear from them again. Why not ? Could it be Affirmative Action in the draft/hiring ? So far, from anything I've seen in this thread, I would have to say POSSIBLY.

Also, who is to say that affirmative action is/is not being used to select players to join the college teams ? Or high school ?

Usually affirmative action comes to play when minorities are under represented. Since Blacks are over represented in certain sports, there is no need for applying AA to blacks in those sports. If one could argue that since whites and Asians are very under represented in those sports, AA should be applied to hiring more Whites and Asians to compete in those sports.

Anyway, believe what you want.

Usually affirmative action comes to play when minorities are under represented. Since Blacks are over represented in certain sports, there is no need for applying AA to blacks in those sports. If one could argue that since whites and Asians are very under represented in those sports, AA should be applied to hiring more Whites and Asians to compete in those sports.

Wrong logic. Cart before the horse. It could easily be that the only reason for the black overrepresentation, IS Affirmative Action. And it could be that it dates all the way back to the beginnings of Affirmative Action in the 1960s.

Nobody here has shown anything thus far to rule that out.

Wrong logic. Cart before the horse. It could easily be that the only reason for the black overrepresentation, IS Affirmative Action. And it could be that it dates all the way back to the beginnings of Affirmative Action in the 1960s.

Nobody here has shown anything thus far to rule that out.
Okay, Answer this question. In what way do the team owners benefit by stacking their teams with a disproportionate number of black players via Affirmative Action? Is the government making them do it? Do they need more than 3 times the percentage of blacks on the team than the general population to avoid discrimination lawsuits? What is it?

Okay, Answer this question. In what way do the team owners benefit by stacking their teams with a disproportionate number of black players via Affirmative Action? Is the government making them do it? Do they need more than 3 times the percentage of blacks on the team than the general population to avoid discrimination lawsuits? What is it?
I don't know. That's the purpose of this thread. To find all these things out.

One thing is for sure. I'm not about to jump to any conclusions one way or the other. If/whenever any sound information comes in from official XFL, NFL, NBA, or government sources, I'll address it.

The talent bar raises exponentially between college and professional sports.

Are you stoned, stupid or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back