Does Trump Believe in Free Speech or Only His Speech?

One sucker punch from a mean old geezer doesn't warrant that kind of statement. Better to stick to the facts; they're bad enough to get the job done.
I was relieved to learn last night, though, that rally attendees do have to go through metal detectors. That must mean some of the folks here who want to bring their guns to a Trump rally in "self defense" are out of luck.
-------------------------------- guns are probably prohibited by the PLACE that the rally is held in OldLady !!
Trump And Carson Mock Gun-Free Zones At Their Gun-Free Rallies
ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential contender Ben Carson has a simple solution for preventing a Paris-style attack at one of his campaign rallies: "If a bunch of terrorists came in here and there were people in here with guns, it would be very unlikely that they would be able to carry about the kind of massacre they did in Paris."

But there's a snag in that approach — the demands of the Secret Service agents now protecting him, at his request (and at taxpayer expense). They don't allow any guns except those carried by authorized personnel.

No, Pismoe, it's not about the place.

Carson was not speaking literally but figuratively.
I don't think he was speaking figuratively at all. What makes you think that?

Trump rallies aren't gun free zones.
Losing Our Minds Over Trump And Guns
It’s also typically illegal to carry firearms in the venues where these rallies are held as a matter of venue policy, and the Secret Service tends to ban firearms near presidential candidates for obvious reasons. You cannot legally carry a gun to a rally for any candidate, and if the Secret Service catches you attempting to, Very Bad Things will happen to you, because the Secret Service tends to view people hiding weapons near Presidential candidates to be potential assassins, for obvious reasons.

Carrying a gun to a Presidential rally of any kind is monumentally stupid, almost certainly illegal in every conceivable venue, and a great way to find yourself staring down the barrel of a Secret Service agent’s gun.

I haven't been to any of his rallies, and while I'm sure if you want to carry and join the supporters and protestors facing off outside in the parking lot, you can. But I can't find anywhere that says inside Trump's rallies aren't gun free zones. Where does that come from?

Show me where he has suppressed anyones right to speak negatively of him outside of his rallies when it was disruptive? You know, that thing called free speech. I know of none. Zero.
Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

POLITICO reporter denied access to Trump event

Another leftwing dumbass who doesn't have a clue what "free speech" means.
Free speech means "Only That Speech That Agrees with ME" per Trump. What does it mean to you? I know what I think it means.

First, I mdon't care for Trump at all.
but...
Would you walk into a restaurant that has diners and start yelling how horrific their food is? What do you expect to happen?
Would you walk into a book reading and start yelling how awful the book is? What do you think would happen?
Would you walk into a theater and start yelling how awful the movie is? What do you think would happen?
Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

I am concerned about Trump denying access to Himself by press/media that disagree with him. His wish to stop press/media from speaking or writing against him. This is not about disrupting the rallies. I disagree with those who would disrupt the rally itself or anyone who would do the things you mentioned. This is not about the rallies. Read the post again.

If the people's money were paying for the rallies it would concern me also, but they aren't, so that gives him the right to deny anyone who he thinks wants to cause trouble.
Yes. I agree he can keep people out of the rallies. I wasn't talking about the rallies. I was talking about his 'news conferences' where he takes questions from the press about the issues of the day. I was talking about his reaction to unfavorable news stories or op eds in major newspapers or by television news commentators--to sue them in order to shut them down. I was talking about his continuing refusal to 'face the music' for his off the cuff statements. A man who will ban newscasters from his 'news conferences' (not his rallies, mind) because they don't agree with him is exercising a curtailment of free speech. IMO.

but...
Would you walk into a restaurant that has diners and start yelling how horrific their food is? What do you expect to happen?
Would you walk into a book reading and start yelling how awful the book is? What do you think would happen?
Would you walk into a theater and start yelling how awful the movie is? What do you think would happen?

I am concerned about Trump denying access to Himself by press/media that disagree with him. His wish to stop press/media from speaking or writing against him. This is not about disrupting the rallies. I disagree with those who would disrupt the rally itself or anyone who would do the things you mentioned. This is not about the rallies. Read the post again.

If the people's money were paying for the rallies it would concern me also, but they aren't, so that gives him the right to deny anyone who he thinks wants to cause trouble.
Yes. I agree he can keep people out of the rallies. I wasn't talking about the rallies. I was talking about his 'news conferences' where he takes questions from the press about the issues of the day. I was talking about his reaction to unfavorable news stories or op eds in major newspapers or by television news commentators--to sue them in order to shut them down. I was talking about his continuing refusal to 'face the music' for his off the cuff statements. A man who will ban newscasters from his 'news conferences' (not his rallies, mind) because they don't agree with him is exercising a curtailment of free speech. IMO.

None of that is a violation of free speech. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, obviously.

To answer the OP question, yes...Trump believes in free speech. He believes in free speech for all.

At a rally, where he plans to give a speech, he cannot do so if a crowd of chanting fools keeps interrupting him. He is then being denied free speech. The solution is to keep the disrupting crowd of liberal numnuts out of the venue.

It is patently obvious that liberal organizations like MoveOn.org and BlackLivesMatter will continually try to disrupt Trump rallies and stifle his free speech. They are within their rights to chant and make fools of themselves outside of the venue, but they do not have the right to do that inside the venue.

Show me where he has suppressed anyones right to speak negatively of him outside of his rallies when it was disruptive? You know, that thing called free speech. I know of none. Zero.

Free speech means "Only That Speech That Agrees with ME" per Trump. What does it mean to you? I know what I think it means.
See OP. How does banning reporters and threatening to sue for libel NOT stop free speech?

but...

He wants to be able to sue them when they LIE about him. The ones that LIE about him are being excluded from the conferences.

He is perfectly within his rights to do that.

See OP. How does banning reporters and threatening to sue for libel NOT stop free speech?
All of those banned reporters can still say what they please about Trump. They just have to get their information second hand, as they do in most cases...all of them repeat stories they see on UP or API or Drudge.

Trump has done nothing to stifle their free speech.

You are FOS.

What do you think would happen if people were doing the same things at a Clinton or Sanders rally? What do you think would be the reaction to someone attempting to get on stage or grab either of them? Yelling and screaming obscenities? Do you think they would be treated the same?

As to access to the press, maybe Trump should use ropes to keep the press at bay like Clinton has done?

but...

He has the right to deny the very same newscasters who constantly lie about him and are the very cause of the violent misinformed protesters.

Trump "banned" reporters from HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY!? OH GAWD!

but...

None of that is a violation of free speech. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, obviously.
I'm still waiting for you to explain how it doesn't limit Huffington, National Review, et al's ability to factually cover and share Trump's campaign. 'splain, please

but...

He has the right to deny the very same newscasters who constantly lie about him and are the very cause of the violent misinformed protesters.
Give me an example of an actual lie broadcast by any of the banned news organizations. Please.

but...

I'm still waiting for you to explain how it doesn't limit Huffington, National Review, et al's ability to factually cover and share Trump's campaign. 'splain, please

It is his private club and he has the right to not allow reporters in who lie about him.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. When he is President, which he well may be, the Rose Garden and Oval Office are not going to be 'private' property. He ought to start practicing now.

To answer the OP question, yes...Trump believes in free speech. He believes in free speech for all.

At a rally, where he plans to give a speech, he cannot do so if a crowd of chanting fools keeps interrupting him. He is then being denied free speech. The solution is to keep the disrupting crowd of liberal numnuts out of the venue.

It is patently obvious that liberal organizations like MoveOn.org and BlackLivesMatter will continually try to disrupt Trump rallies and stifle his free speech. They are within their rights to chant and make fools of themselves outside of the venue, but they do not have the right to do that inside the venue.

They also don't have the right to punch people or threaten anyone.

-------------------------------- guns are probably prohibited by the PLACE that the rally is held in OldLady !!
Trump And Carson Mock Gun-Free Zones At Their Gun-Free Rallies
ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential contender Ben Carson has a simple solution for preventing a Paris-style attack at one of his campaign rallies: "If a bunch of terrorists came in here and there were people in here with guns, it would be very unlikely that they would be able to carry about the kind of massacre they did in Paris."

But there's a snag in that approach — the demands of the Secret Service agents now protecting him, at his request (and at taxpayer expense). They don't allow any guns except those carried by authorized personnel.

No, Pismoe, it's not about the place.

Carson was not speaking literally but figuratively.
I don't think he was speaking figuratively at all. What makes you think that?

Trump rallies aren't gun free zones.
Losing Our Minds Over Trump And Guns
It’s also typically illegal to carry firearms in the venues where these rallies are held as a matter of venue policy, and the Secret Service tends to ban firearms near presidential candidates for obvious reasons. You cannot legally carry a gun to a rally for any candidate, and if the Secret Service catches you attempting to, Very Bad Things will happen to you, because the Secret Service tends to view people hiding weapons near Presidential candidates to be potential assassins, for obvious reasons.

Carrying a gun to a Presidential rally of any kind is monumentally stupid, almost certainly illegal in every conceivable venue, and a great way to find yourself staring down the barrel of a Secret Service agent’s gun.

I haven't been to any of his rallies, and while I'm sure if you want to carry and join the supporters and protestors facing off outside in the parking lot, you can. But I can't find anywhere that says inside Trump's rallies aren't gun free zones. Where does that come from?

The security detail is armed. Those events aren't gun free zones.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. When he is President, which he well may be, the Rose Garden and Oval Office are not going to be 'private' property. He ought to start practicing now.

Reporters don't go into the Oval office unless invited. The President can also control whose at his press conferences, but they typically don't impose preferences. Obama tried to bar FOX news from his press conferences, but the backlash from all the other news outlets made him back down.

It is his private club and he has the right to not allow reporters in who lie about him.
Who lied about him? What did they say? Seems he is just pissed off because they report the endless lies he tells.

but...

Give me an example of an actual lie broadcast by any of the banned news organizations. Please.

One example of many;
Trump is not a racist.
Never has been and never will be, yet they all have said that he is.

Forum List

Back