Does Trump Believe in Free Speech or Only His Speech?

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

POLITICO reporter denied access to Trump event

Trumpism has been sliding down that slippery slope to fascism since he began his campaign.

Trumps followers beat up those who do not agree with them

Trump PAYS for the areas that he holds HIS rallys with HIS money . Seems to me that Trump can exclude those that he wants to exclude OldLady . Seems to me that Trumps events and rallies are PRIVATE aren't they OldLady ??

One sucker punch from a mean old geezer doesn't warrant that kind of statement. Better to stick to the facts; they're bad enough to get the job done.
I was relieved to learn last night, though, that rally attendees do have to go through metal detectors. That must mean some of the folks here who want to bring their guns to a Trump rally in "self defense" are out of luck.

Trump PAYS for the areas that he holds HIS rallys with HIS money . Seems to me that Trump can exclude those that he wants to exclude OldLady . Seems to me that Trumps events and rallies are PRIVATE aren't they OldLady ??
This isn't about his rallies, Pismoe. Have another cup of coffee and try again.

One sucker punch from a mean old geezer doesn't warrant that kind of statement. Better to stick to the facts; they're bad enough to get the job done.
I was relieved to learn last night, though, that rally attendees do have to go through metal detectors. That must mean some of the folks here who want to bring their guns to a Trump rally in "self defense" are out of luck.
-------------------------------- guns are probably prohibited by the PLACE that the rally is held in OldLady !!

-------------------------------- guns are probably prohibited by the PLACE that the rally is held in OldLady !!
-------------------------------------- because , of course people want to bring their guns , TRUMP probably has his gun OldLady !

First, I don't care for Trump at all.
but...
Would you walk into a restaurant that has diners and start yelling how horrific their food is? What do you expect to happen?
Would you walk into a book reading and start yelling how awful the book is? What do you think would happen?
Would you walk into a theater and start yelling how awful the movie is? What do you think would happen?
Donald Trump is no 'victim,' having his right to free speech stolen by Bad Liberals. He is just as busy stopping the free speech of his opponents, and he did it first. He routinely bans newscasters that ask hard questions or print opinions he does not like from his pretend "news conferences." He is refusing to deal with a Fox News debate for a second time, and revving up the slander war against Meghyn Kelly on Twitter. He also wants to expand libel laws so he can sue organizations like the New York Times that "lie" about him (I'm pretty sure NY Times verifies its sources, just so you know). What will political coverage be like when you elect Donald as President? Russia, Cuba – they can tell us all about how to make it work.

Is that REALLY what you Trumpeters want? A country that prohibits unfavorable news or editorials about our President? Shrug and say you don't care at your own peril.

POLITICO reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to Donald Trump's press conference on Tuesday night, despite having previously been granted credentials by the campaign.

The move followed a threat last week from Trump officials to exclude POLITICO reporters from campaign events…

Schreckinger, whose latest story on Trump's campaign was a report on concerns about campaign manager Corey Lewandowski's temperament and behavior, never received an explanation as to why his credentials have been denied. Neither Lewandowski nor Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks responded to requests for comment….

POLITICO is far from alone among media organizations being denied entry to Trump events. The Des Moines Register, Univision, Fusion, The Huffington Post, National Review, Mother Jonesand BuzzFeed have all been denied credentials to Trump's events, often after publishing critical stories about the campaign. In January, New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel was ejected from an event in Iowa after writing about Trump's weak ground game in the state, which he eventually lost to Ted Cruz.

Last edited:
Trump And Carson Mock Gun-Free Zones At Their Gun-Free Rallies
ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential contender Ben Carson has a simple solution for preventing a Paris-style attack at one of his campaign rallies: "If a bunch of terrorists came in here and there were people in here with guns, it would be very unlikely that they would be able to carry about the kind of massacre they did in Paris."

But there's a snag in that approach — the demands of the Secret Service agents now protecting him, at his request (and at taxpayer expense). They don't allow any guns except those carried by authorized personnel.

No, Pismoe, it's not about the place.

Do lefties think disrupting free speech by assault is in itself an expression of free speech? According to David Horowitz every high profile conservative speaker has been a victim of assault on a college campus. If college students are that stupid and liberal professors are that ignorant what can we expect from street level left wing operatives?

And last, would you expect your candidate to put up with the same happening in their rallies?

ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential contender Ben Carson has a simple solution for preventing a Paris-style attack at one of his campaign rallies: "If a bunch of terrorists came in here and there were people in here with guns, it would be very unlikely that they would be able to carry about the kind of massacre they did in Paris."

But there's a snag in that approach — the demands of the Secret Service agents now protecting him, at his request (and at taxpayer expense). They don't allow any guns except those carried by authorized personnel.

------------------------------------------- point is that its not TRUMPS rules either , he would probably approve of everyone being armed OldLady . Once again its gov rules that disarm te people at Trump events OldLady !!

First, I mdon't care for Trump at all.
but...
Would you walk into a restaurant that has diners and start yelling how horrific their food is? What do you expect to happen?
Would you walk into a book reading and start yelling how awful the book is? What do you think would happen?
Would you walk into a theater and start yelling how awful the movie is? What do you think would happen?

I am concerned about Trump denying access to Himself by press/media that disagree with him. His wish to stop press/media from speaking or writing against him. This is not about disrupting the rallies. I disagree with those who would disrupt the rally itself or anyone who would do the things you mentioned. This is not about the rallies. Read the post again.

Sort of like Hillary that refuses to be interviewed by Fox?
First, I don't care for Trump at all.
but...

I am concerned about Trump denying access to Himself by press/media that disagree with him. His wish to stop press/media from speaking or writing against him. This is not about disrupting the rallies. I disagree with those who would disrupt the rally itself or anyone who would do the things you mentioned. This is not about the rallies. Read the post again.

Last edited:

Carson was not speaking literally but figuratively.

------------------------------------------- point is that its not TRUMPS rules either , he would probably approve of everyone being armed OldLady . Once again its gov rules that disarm te people at Trump events OldLady !!
In that post I was actually defending Trump supporters. Why must you argue with that, too?

Forum List

Back