Does this man look black to you?

He looks like if Obama and Ho Chi Minh has a baby...
That is the first time that comment has appeared. As My story relates here, I drove him for several weeks and it was later that I went to work in the office for him. I never gave his race a thought until his former Company clerk got fired for racial remarks that the Captain heard.

I'm saying that "black" is about ethnicity, not about skin color.

I'm saying it's not as simple as you might be making out.

Does this guy look black? Maybe, but he also might look Arab, might also look American, European, Australian... might look a lot of thing.

Ethnicity sometimes has defining features, but clearly people are going to have different features within an ethnicity and some won't look what you might think they look like.
Aside of my time in the Army, I have hired blacks and also had blacks as clients where, as their Broker in Real Estate I represented them. Seems you present ethnicity as pretty confusing.

To those who have lived in Acadia, yes, he "looks" black.

What is your point? My service time taught me that color has nothing to do with the context of a man's character.

A friend of color told me that people like you, Robert W, are sick with the disease of mistaking color for character.
I have praised my former Commanding officer. So you got angry enough to call me a racist. Why don't you notice my praise for him?

Your dodge is revealing you're the one that asked his race. So why does how he look matter to you?
I was seeking opinions by the posters replying. It was not a dodge of any sort. I was again, seeking views and was not stating anything is wrong.

There's black, white, and mixed race. There's also thickos that don't know this, there's a lot of thickos about.

Obama, as example, was mixed race. Please correct me thickos.

Aside of my time in the Army, I have hired blacks and also had blacks as clients where, as their Broker in Real Estate I represented them. Seems you present ethnicity as pretty confusing.

Oh, poor you, are you confused that not everyone can be put into simple boxes?

This man passed away in 2019. Today (10/22/23) I learned of his death. (RIP Lt. Col Ricard)
The photo I post was him when he was a Lt, before I met him. When I worked for Felix Ricard, he was a Captain in the Army and the Commanding officer of the unit I was in. I was his company clerk so I was around him daily. Felix was an enlisted man in the Korean War and put in to go to OCS. So he knew both sides of an EM and Officer. Question for any of you.

Can you tell he is a Black man? He was Creole from Louisiana . I post this in his memory. He was great to me and I never forgot him. I worked for him from October 1962 until the fall of 1963.

photo_20190105_W0023718_0_20190105.jpgx

What does the color of his skin have to do with anything?

This man passed away in 2019. Today (10/22/23) I learned of his death. (RIP Lt. Col Ricard)
The photo I post was him when he was a Lt, before I met him. When I worked for Felix Ricard, he was a Captain in the Army and the Commanding officer of the unit I was in. I was his company clerk so I was around him daily. Felix was an enlisted man in the Korean War and put in to go to OCS. So he knew both sides of an EM and Officer. Question for any of you.

Can you tell he is a Black man? He was Creole from Louisiana . I post this in his memory. He was great to me and I never forgot him. I worked for him from October 1962 until the fall of 1963.

photo_20190105_W0023718_0_20190105.jpgx
Yes, he looks black to me. He also looks very good to me! 🥰

Forum List

Back