Does the Constitution really give us inalienable rights that cannot be taken away?

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated. In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen. I Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942

You're wrong. It's not quite that simple. It can't be done by the stroke of a pen. They did it that way for a reason.
Japanese internment camps were established during World War II by President Franklin D. Roosevelt through his Executive Order 9066 = stroke of a pen
I see you failed to mention he was a democrat, why?
Because I was talking about written in stone rights that can be taken away easily..wasn't talking about partisan politics..that's why.

What do you have against the Constitution of the United States?

One of the more perfect and brilliant documents on the planet.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated.
I do not think that.
In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen.
I do not believe that either. I think it is a very steep step to justify eliminating any rights that are assumed, much less, well described in promulgated law.
George Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942
Carlin said that - I thought he died before Wikipedia was established.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated. In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen. George Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942

You're wrong. It's not quite that simple. It can't be done by the stroke of a pen. They did it that way for a reason.
Japanese internment camps were established during World War II by President Franklin D. Roosevelt through his Executive Order 9066 = stroke of a pen
And these actions were ultimately determined to have been unconstitutional and the U.S. government issued a formal apology and its acts and paid reparations to the survivors or their decedants for having done so.
After the fact of having their constitutional rights violated.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated. In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen. George Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942
A government will always be ready to take rights. That's basically the rationale behind 2A. If a free people are unwilling to risk anything to stay free then they WILL eventually be enslaved. The point our Founders made clear is that human beings are BORN with God-given rights and the Constitution was written to limit GOVERNMENTS, not citizens.
The sheep in the Blutopias seem willing to give up everything for "safety" based on promises and government goodies. They get what they deserve. It's every citizen's choice to defend their freedom or relinquish it. Those choices don't come without a cost.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated. In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen. I Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942

I see you failed to mention he was a democrat, why?
Because I was talking about written in stone rights that can be taken away easily..wasn't talking about partisan politics..that's why.

What do you have against the Constitution of the United States?

One of the more perfect and brilliant documents on the planet.
If only the elites were constrained by it.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated.
I do not think that.
In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen.
I do not believe that either. I think it is a very steep step to justify eliminating any rights that are assumed, much less, well described in promulgated law.
George Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942
Nope.. reference Carlin's mention of Wikipedia at about 6:55 in this video..

Indeed. That's why the fascists in our government want to disarm us.
Gun control is not disarmament...it's gun requlation.

Can't march armed people to the concentration camps. So, no, you are wrong. As usual.
Not wrong..gun control is just gun regulation
and that is disarmament when they take away what you can use to defend yourself from them,

They should have taken the guns away before taking the police away.

Now people know that if they surrender their guns they will be at the mercy of those who are lawless.

It's too late now.

I do not think that.
Nope.. reference Carlin's mention of Wikipedia at about 6:55 in this video..

so you get your constitutional advice from a comedian,,

no wonder you get so many things wrong,,

And these actions were ultimately determined to have been unconstitutional and the U.S. government issued a formal apology and its acts and paid reparations to the survivors or their decedants for having done so.
Our government violates our constitutional rights ALL of the time all while pretending that they're not because they're doing so in accordance with some "law" that itself is unconstitutional.

And unless I've missed something, when it has ultimate been determined that their behavior/the law was unconstitutional there is no recourse for the individuals whose rights had been violated during the time the unconstitutional law was in effect. And some things simply can't be undone, like the very intrusive privacy violations that occur when the government is unconstitutionally profiling you.

It's every citizen's choice to defend their freedom or relinquish it. Those choices don't come without a cost.
Unfortunately that's not the way it works. I wasn't given a choice in the passage of the Patriot Act, just as one example.

Our government violates our constitutional rights ALL of the time all while pretending that they're not because they're doing so in accordance with some "law" that itself is unconstitutional.

And unless I've missed something, when it has ultimate been determined that their behavior/the law was unconstitutional there is no recourse for the individuals whose rights had been violated during the time the unconstitutional law was in effect. And some things simply can't be undone, like the very intrusive privacy violations that occur when the government is unconstitutionally profiling you.
And if a politically biased SCOTUS reaffirms the taking away of that right what recourse do we have. One recourse proclaimed by some people is armed rebellion but that will never have a chance of succeeding. The other is for the people to vote out those politicians and replace them with ones who will restore those rights. That process unfortunately would take an excruciatingly long time.

And if a politically biased SCOTUS reaffirms the taking away of that right what recourse do we have. One recourse proclaimed by some people is armed rebellion but that will never have a chance of succeeding. The other is for the people to vote out those politicians and replace them with ones who will restore those rights. That process unfortunately would take an excruciatingly long time.
It worked in 1776 and just recently in Afghanistan against the most powerful military in the world

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

No, our Creator endowed all (wo)men with unalienable Rights.

True and I don't know what the solution is or if there is even one.

The Constitution doesn't "give" us squat. All it does is delineate the natural rights we all have, and give our elected bodies the structure and authority to defend them.

Because our rights are inalienable, they can be neither bestowed nor taken by any government, constitution, or man.

Although inalienable, our rights are not absolute – they’re subject to limits and restrictions by government consistent with Constitutional case law.

Laws and measures that limit or restrict a right consistent with the Constitution do not ‘take away’ one’s rights.

How clearer is SHALL NOT BE INFRINGE should the founders make it?
Firearm regulatory measures enacted consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence are perfectly lawful and Constitutional – no rights having been ‘infringed.’

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law – including the Second Amendment.

Gun control is not disarmament...it's gun requlation.

Can't march armed people to the concentration camps. So, no, you are wrong. As usual.
Not wrong..gun control is just gun regulation

Gun regulation inexorably leads to gun confiscation. 100% of the time. No gun registration scheme has ever NOT then led to confiscation.

True story. But that's history. And we all know you fascists try and hide, or rewrite history.
When was the last time this country confiscated every citizen's guns??

Forum List

Back