Does the Constitution guarantee Americans a right to privacy?

I just got told by a Republican running for Governor of Nevada that we do not....Tom Heck.
Well you do have the right to privacy. Especially in the doctors office. So don't worry about abortion being illegal. The doctor can't tell. Hippa laws. And you won't talk right?

Well you do have the right to privacy. Especially in the doctors office. So don't worry about abortion being illegal. The doctor can't tell. Hippa laws. And you won't talk right?

The problem probably isn't the doctor, it's the person that got you pregnant in the 1st place, or somebody else that found out about it.

Hippa laws don't apply when you're killing another human life.
Do you think doctors who perform abortions or women who get them think of it that way? Ask the 800,000 women a year in America who get them if they see it that way. They haven't for 50 years seen it that way.

The right to privacy. Stay out of my doctors office please.

My body my choice. At least in the first trimester. I thought you guys just wanted to cut it down from 28 weeks to 14. Now 14 is murder too? LOL

Do you think doctors who perform abortions or women who get them think of it that way? Ask the 800,000 women a year in America who get them if they see it that way. They haven't for 50 years seen it that way.

The right to privacy. Stay out of my doctors office please.

My body my choice. At least in the first trimester. I thought you guys just wanted to cut it down from 28 weeks to 14. Now 14 is murder too? LOL
Yes the gub'mit is now monitoring medical decisions , along with the medical community lawfully doing their bidding. Objectively this is a violation of our civil rights, which will most likely be pursued by corporatists like our lovely insurance cabal.

FWIW, we struggled through similar straights w/ kevorkian, which was also a personal choice .

The bottom line being, the gubmit's biggest lackey doesn't need permission to violate ANY of our rights, and will be more than happy to do so

~S~

Hey, dumbshit leftie, the Constitution does not confer any rights.

It only prevents the federal government from trampling on rights that already exist.

OBVIOUSLY, our federal government does not recognize any right to privacy. They wiretap us, they analyze our financial records, ... quite obviously, there is no federal right to privacy. At least none FedGov feels it's constrained by

OBVIOUSLY, our federal government does not recognize any right to privacy. They wiretap us, they analyze our financial records, ... quite obviously, there is no federal right to privacy. At least none FedGov feels it's constrained by
1656497229254.png

1656497280289.png

~S~

Yes the gub'mit is now monitoring medical decisions , along with the medical community lawfully doing their bidding. Objectively this is a violation of our civil rights, which will most likely be pursued by corporatists like our lovely insurance cabal.

FWIW, we struggled through similar straights w/ kevorkian, which was also a personal choice .

The bottom line being, the gubmit's biggest lackey doesn't need permission to violate ANY of our rights, and will be more than happy to do so

~S~
States that have banned abortion accept medicaid right?

States that have banned abortion accept medicaid right?

my state from your link Sealy>

NOTES

Notes

The federal Hyde Amendment, passed in 1977, bans state use of federal Medicaid dollars to pay for abortions unless the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, or the abortion is "necessary to save the life of the woman." States can use their own funds to cover other medically necessary abortions - usually defined by states as those to protect the physical or mental health of the woman - for Medicaid beneficiaries. Overall, 34 states and DC follow the Hyde amendment standards, 1 state, South Dakota, does not follow Hyde standards and only pays for abortions when necessary to protect a woman's life, while 15 states pay for all or other medically necessary abortions.

Sources

KFF analysis of Guttmacher Institute, State Policies in Brief, "State Funding of Abortion Under Medicaid," as of May 1, 2022.

~S~

Do we have a right to commit a homicide within the privacy of our own homes?

I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and say that the clear answer is not just “no,” but obviously and literally “oh hell no.”

I don't remember that being mentioned in the Constitution.
Yesterday they were explaining how this will be the way Republicans/conservatives deal with anything they don't like. Gay marriage, wasn't mentioned in the constitution. Global warming wasn't mentioned. Mass shootings weren't mentioned.

This is not how we should be deciding if things are or are not constitutional.

There are certain inherent rights to privacy that may be inferred in the Bill of Rights even though not specifically enumerated. I.E., the state cannot bust down your door and invade your privacy in your own home without a warrant. It's none of the state's business who you talk to or associate with, or where you worship or do business with, again without a warrant. BUT - the gov'ts right to invade your privacy should have it's limits as far as how far the Constitution says they can go to interfere with or control your life. If enough people believe the right to privacy with respect to an abortion is so important then there is a process to go through to amend the Constitution to say that. A constitutional right is a big deal, it means no US state can overrule it in a state law.

It is up to the Supreme Court to decide what is and is an inferred constitutional right. In 1973 the Supreme Court said the right to an abortion was inferred; today's court said it isn't. If you don't like it, there are ways to change that, starting with a constitutional amendment. IMHO, if you cannot get enough of a majority to support that effort, then the right to an abortion shouldn't be a constitutional right. It's not like the Supreme Court has never overturned a previous SC ruling, they've actually done that 18 times I think. And it's not like the US Congress can't legislate the right to an abortion and what the circumstances are, if any. And if a sufficient majority cannot even do that, then it falls to the states to decide individually what they want those rights to be. And if you don't like what your state decided, then vote the bastards out of office and vote in somebody else that will change the law accordingly. Or move to another state that has the laws you want. That is precisely how a constitutional republic is supposed to work.

And enough with the bitching about democracy. Guess what, we don't live in a democracy. Deal with it or leave. I do not believe there are any true democracies anywhere else, but feel free to go find one. It was all sunshine and roses when the Left owned the Supreme Court, wasn't it? Well guess what, you don't own it anymore so suck it up buttercup. IMHO, the SC did exactly what should have been done 50 years ago in Roe v Wade: tell Congress to do their job or leave the matter to the states.

Forum List

Back