Does Spanking kids Work?

Spanking and/or the threat of spanking is a good training tool and deterrent to bad behavior.

Proverbs 13:24, "He who spares his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him promptly." NKJV

Mom arrested for spanking child in Corpus Christi, Texas:

Rosalia Gonzales of Corpus Christi was arrested for spanking in December when her almost-2-year-old daughter's grandmother noticed red marks on the child's rear and took her to the hospital. Gonzales avoided jail time, but not before hearing some stern words from the judge.

"You don’t spank children today," Judge Jose Longoria said. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children. You understand?" To which Gonzales answered, "Yes, sir."

Gonzales will be on probation for five years, has been ordered to take parenting classes, and give $50 to the Children's Advocacy Center. She currently does not have custody of any of her three kids (they're with their paternal grandmother), but is working with Child Protective Services to get them back.
Mom Arrested for Spanking - Parenting.com

Today's judges are literal idiots. How on earth did some of these morons become judges in the first place?

Spanking and/or the threat of spanking is a good training tool and deterrent to bad behavior.

Obviously. Look what it's done for Jaraxle.

Yessiree, there's nothing better for constructive personal growth than the threat of physical pain and suffering. Ask anyone who's had a pet. Good thinkin'. :thup:

(/sarc)

Spanking is for cowards and people too stupid to raise children properly.
Well when your son comes back, and he decks you when he is old enough, then you will say "SON", how could you treat your father like this, I mean I never laid a hand upon you, but you are going to miss-read my kindness that I showed you, in that it had been a weakness this whole time now ?

It happens, and I have seen it happen time and time again. All I could think is I told you so.

When your son decks you, then who was the real coward in it all then ? Kids expect to be disiplined and taught right in life, and when they aren't, they see it as a betrayal or rather that they were in a situation where their parents were just weak in their life, and they expected better than that out of them. People running away from the parent responsibilities in life are cowards, and spanking is a responsibility of the parent when it is warranted. If a parent can't disipline a child correctly when it comes to any method as is used, then the parent should get help immediately by the right counceling, and they should be the ones who are doped up on the drugs, and not the children because of an idiot parent who can't handle it.

Last edited:

Yessiree, there's nothing better for constructive personal growth than the threat of physical pain and suffering. Ask anyone who's had a pet. Good thinkin'. :thup:

(/sarc)
Kidding me right, because Jar has already said that he was abused (BIG DIFFERENCE), so you got anymore idiocy to add ?

(/sarc)

Swats on the butt may sting a little bit for a little while but they don't leave permanent scars. However, the idea that a spanking may be the result of bad behavior ALWAYS worked to deter me from doing what I knew was wrong.

I've seen children in public places get away with extremely poor behavior as a result of poor upbringing and lack of discipline. Why? Because the parents are too afraid to properly discipline their child over fear of legal punishments meted out by "progressive" judges who don't have a clue.

(/sarc)

Swats on the butt may sting a little bit for a little while but they don't leave permanent scars. However, the idea that a spanking may be the result of bad behavior ALWAYS worked to deter me from doing what I knew was wrong.

I've seen children in public places get away with extremely poor behavior as a result of poor upbringing and lack of discipline. Why? Because the parents are too afraid to properly discipline their child over fear of legal punishments meted out by "progressive" judges who don't have a clue.

Beating children is for cowards with low IQ.

Well when your son comes back, and he decks you when he is old enough, then you will say "SON", how could you treat your father like this, I mean I never laid a hand upon you, but you are going to miss-read my kindness that I showed you, in that it had been a weakness this whole time now ?

It happens, and I have seen it happen time and time again. All I could think is I told you so.

When your son decks you, then who was the real coward in it all then ? Kids expect to be disiplined and taught right in life, and when they aren't, they see it as a betrayal or rather that they were in a situation where their parents were just weak in their life, and they expected better than that out of them. People running away from the parent responsibilities in life are cowards, and spanking is a responsibility of the parent when it is warranted. If a parent can't disipline a child correctly when it comes to any method as is used, then the parent should get help immediately by the right counceling, and they should be the ones who are doped up on the drugs, and not the children because of an idiot parent who can't handle it.

glove06.pngd068ab53-d1aa-4616-94cb-60728ef7f68fLarge.jpg

(/sarc)
Kidding me right, because Jar has already said that he was abused (BIG DIFFERENCE), so you got anymore idiocy to add ?

Uh ---- nnnno, it ain't a BIG DIFFERENCE just because you put it in caps. :lol:

Don't take my word for it -- raise a dog or cat like that and see what you get out of it. You get a cowering, paranoid, angry animal that will snarl and attack, because that's what it's been taught.

Last edited:

(/sarc)

-- none of which is on the topic.

They don't expect to be attacked by the entity that's otherwise nurturing them. That's a mixed message if ever there was one.

Your personal masochistic fantasies that "kids are asking for it", trust me they're not shared by many. But it is strikingly akin to the rationalization of the rapist.

There is never any need to use physical punishment when it comes to children. You cannot tell your kids that its wrong to hit someone, yet hit them yourself. Sends the wrong message.

And no, I don't have kids, and yes, I was smacked a few times as a kid - and I turned out to be depressed, suicidal, and prone to outbursts of violence. If I ever have kids, I will refuse to lay a finger on them.

My parents never told me it was wrong to hit someone.
I am unsure why some people seem to think that parents that spank their kids also tell their kids it is wrong to hit someone. Maybe it is just a liberal meme.

See, hitting someone is a relative term.
And sometimes hitting someone is the right thing to do.

If yer 14 years old and some asshole decides he wants to bully you, you stop him, and sometimes those idiots need a punch in the face for your point to get across. I guess the alternative is that you can continue to be a wimp and get bullied. Then snivel about bullying.

As for disciplining children, things vary by kid. My eldest daughter absolutely hated "time out", so that was an effective means of discipline for her. The youngest would just take a nap if she was put in "time out", so it was completely ineffective for discipline for her.

The best part from you is this,
If I ever have kids, I will refuse to lay a finger on them
If I had a dollar for every person that said that, then smacked their child, I'd probably be a billionaire.

If your son comes in a decks you...you and he have got bigger proplems than not spanking him as a child.

It's amazing how far gone this nation is, and it is evident big time by some of these responses that are viewed here. WOW!

Forum List

Back