Does Evil Prove God Exists? (Frank Turek vs Alex O'Connor)

Mankind has been justifying our evil deeds
ever since Barney Rubble cheated on Betty.
1609717501132.png

Is it proof of God's existence ? Probably not.

What evil are you talking about sans God's existence?
I'm saying evil is man-made, not some mythical force
creating chaos that we have no control over.

You're making a claim about its origin, not about its ontological essence or about the essence of our epistemological apprehension of it. I'm trying to get you to think about what you're saying.

plain and simple --no
..and, everyone has their own definition of evil/etc

You're making a claim about its origin, not about its ontological essence or about the essence of our epistemological apprehension of it. I'm trying to get you to think about what you're saying.
My particular apprehension is in your use of terms and definitions you don't understand. “Evil” is a subjective term. To suggest that humans performing “evil” acts as proof of your gods diminishes the acts of magic and supernaturalism associated with your gods. There is nothing to suggest that “evil” provides proof of your gods any more than other claimed magic tricks otherwise known as biblical miracles, all of which are decidedly absent authentication. What I read from your disjointed rattling are a lot of bad analogies, false representations and huge stretches of presumptive "reasoning" in a hoped-for attempt to reach a predefined conclusion. That's intellectually dishonest.

My particular apprehension is in your use of terms and definitions you don't understand. “Evil” is a subjective term. To suggest that humans performing “evil” acts as proof of your gods diminishes the acts of magic and supernaturalism associated with your gods. There is nothing to suggest that “evil” provides proof of your gods any more than other claimed magic tricks otherwise known as biblical miracles, all of which are decidedly absent authentication. What I read from your disjointed rattling are a lot of bad analogies, false representations and huge stretches of presumptive "reasoning" in a hoped-for attempt to reach a predefined conclusion. That's intellectually dishonest.

Define evil, materialist. Zoom Right over your head.

Hollie
Lunatic.jpg

Forum List

Back