Does anyone still use ebay ??

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
I used to ....for decades. Heck, I had an account when they first started.
it was so perfectly splendid back then. a real joy to use for selling and buying.

Today....Meh

They have made the process of returns for example too difficult. They don't really even want you bothering them today.
Returns suck on ebay. They interrogate you like you're a 5 year old......making you go through hoops to explain why.
Worse yet, it can take 10-15 days to receive things ordered on ebay since their sellers very often do not ship via
the advertised service and instead are free to use the cheapest, slowest shipping available....even after you've PAID for USPS Priority for example.
This nonsense is rampant on ebay.

It's no wonder Amazon stomped ebay into the ground.

Amazon has Prime shipping often delivering the next day or within 2 days.
Their returns process is perfectly splendid making returns as hassle free as buying.

Sorry ebay......your model is ancient and your service is even more dated. it's become a negative experience.
My feedback for ebay would be.......
"Poor service, poor attitude, poor business model........will avoid in the future after 6,500 transactions....F-"

ebay will eventually go the way of Kmart.

I gave up selling on Ebay when they instituted PayPal..I tried to use it for awhile but they couldn't count for some reason.

it was so perfectly splendid back then. a real joy to use for selling and buying.

Today....Meh

They have made the process of returns for example too difficult. They don't really even want you bothering them today.
Returns suck on ebay. They interrogate you like you're a 5 year old......making you go through hoops to explain why.
Worse yet, it can take 10-15 days to receive things ordered on ebay since their sellers very often do not ship via
the advertised service and instead are free to use the cheapest, slowest shipping available....even after you've PAID for USPS Priority for example.

Their returns process is perfectly splendid making returns as hassle free as buying.

Sorry ebay......your model is ancient and your service is even more dated. it's become a negative experience.
"Poor service, poor attitude, poor business model........will avoid in the future after 6,500 transactions....F-"

Why wouldn't I use eBay? If they have what I need and for the best price, that's where I'll buy it. I've had few problems with buying there or Paypal.

Today....Meh

Bizarre post. Sure, I use eBay all the time for certain things, it's automatic. And I hardly ever use Amazon.

Of course, I'm not making a career out of returning things so maybe that's the difference.

I gave up selling on Ebay when they instituted PayPal..I tried to use it for awhile but they couldn't count for some reason.
Not a fan of PayPal either. Most people on ebay will take credit card. A couple of months ago, I bought a pesticide at a strength not allowed to be sold to general public in this state using credit card without a hitch This board uses PayPal, but won't take credit card. Have not donated, since I do not do PayPal and am not sending a check out of my bank account with account and routing numbers. Guess I'll just keep logging in free.

You are speaking about buying. I don't buy much on ebay any longer. I still sell some. I don't sell new items. eBay is still good for a large audience for your vintage sales.

Today....Meh

I buy coins off of Ebay, but am careful not to over pay. I do know that most of the professional
sellers have ghost accounts and if a coin isn't getting bid up that they will use the ghost account and bid
the coin up...kinda pisses me off, can't ever get a good deal.

Today....Meh

Bizarre post. Sure, I use eBay all the time for certain things, it's automatic. And I hardly ever use Amazon.

Of course, I'm not making a career out of returning things so maybe that's the difference.
Nor I. Actually, I have never returned anything. I don't use them often but when I have I have been very pleased and written sellers great reviews. Fast shippers, good products, and PAYPAL! Yea!

Today....Meh

Nor I. Actually, I have never returned anything. I don't use them often but when I have I have been very pleased and written sellers great reviews. Fast shippers, good products, and PAYPAL! Yea!

I've returned maybe one or two things on the rare occasion something doesn't work as it should have, but I do due diligence before buying first, checking out the quality, the seller, other people's reviews (which is most of what I use Amazon for, the reviews).

I sell some too. It's not the most lucrative place to sell but it's the easiest.

For buying it's the automatic go-to for certain things like, the tiny batteries for my car key was the last buy.

Nor I. Actually, I have never returned anything. I don't use them often

Bingo!

I have just over 6,500 transaction on ebay since 1996 or 1997
You could say I have just a little more ebay experience.
With that many transactions, you're going to get a few bad things.

Sellers seem to hate ebay today.
Sellers can no longer leave feedback for buyers.......which has resulted in an explosion of creepy buyers.

Sure, now and then I buy things from ebay, some vintage clothes, cosmetics .......things you know.... its ok....not often but yes.....sometimes. Sure I do.

Bingo!

Sellers can no longer leave feedback for buyers.......which has resulted in an explosion of creepy buyers.

That's not true, I leave feedback for buyers all the time.

ebay has an outdated business model.
They tried so hard to keep up with Amazon, but couldn't

I'm no fan of jeff Bezoz, but he has his act together and buying and selling on Amazon is a FAR more buyer friendly transaction than ebay.

If you only buy or sell occasionally......you really have no basis for a critique.
You may not have needed to do a return ....yet....but when you do, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Like I said, a MAJOR annoyance on ebay is that even though a seller advertises a specific shipping method, about 40% of the time they
will just send it the cheapest way possible (add 4 to 5 days to the shipping as advertised)
Makes no difference that they advertised USPS Priority Mail ( 2-3 days) they often send it DHL economy Post or something equally slow instead
to make an extra 30 cents or so

Bingo!

That's not true, I leave feedback for buyers all the time.

You can only leave PIOSITIVE feedback as a seller for a buyer. No matter how badly you were treated or what they did.
This is so well known that you are simply exposing your lack of ebay experience.

Like I said, you are a infrequent flyer....you really have too limited a understanding of ebay to make these posts

I know there is Amazon out there

But my hatred for Globlalist Bezos is such.....that I can not gather myself and buy from him.

But that's just me,I have my principles.

So I go to ebay and I find my goodies there! :biggrin:

But my hatred for Globlalist Bezos is such.....that I can not gather myself and buy from him.

No, actually I agree.
But then ebay supports the globalists just as much

No, actually I agree.

not as much as that Bezos scum.

No, actually I agree.

I think in order to become the biggest, you have to.
The Establishment ensures that only Loyal Globalists supporters can dominate US markets.
Did you know Microsoft was assisted by the Establishment to defeat IBM (Right Wing at the time) in becoming the OS superpower?
That's right. When Microsoft and IBM were slugging it out for OS domination, IBM was led by a solid Republican......Microsoft had to dominate
WHY can't a Right Winger own the biggest retailer in America?

Why does everything have to be so Left Wing dominated?
Now you know....or should. The government (establishment DS) hand picks the winners and trips up those not wanted (Republicans)
Now you know why Facebook, Twitter etc etc etc etc dominates. They have HUGE assistance.

Last edited:

No, actually I agree.

I think in order to become the biggest, you have to.
WHY can't a Right Winger own the biggest retailer in America?

Why does everything have to be so Left Wing dominated?

Bezos is not right

He is a Globlalist pos.

Forum List

Back