CDZ Does Anyone Here Really Believe That The Programs Joe Biden Wants In The Build Back Better Bill WON'T be extended?

Oldestyle

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2020
Sunny Florida
Is there anyone out there that REALLY believes the entitlement programs in BBB will be given to people and then taken away in just a few year's time? It seems quite obvious that Democrats have no intention of doing away with any of those programs once they are in place...so why are they trying to sell BBB as only costing approximately 1.7 Trillion dollars when it's clear that the real cost will be at LEAST 3 Trillion being added to the deficit!

I do not believe anything they say.
I don't think there is a Democrat in either the Senate, the House or the White House that REALLY believes that the BBB bill will come in at the 1.7 Trillion dollar level they're claiming, Mike! It's my belief that if you got any of them alone and speaking honestly that they'd admit that they have no intention of stopping those programs and that the 1.7 Trillion figure is nothing more than a bait and switch for what BBB will REALLY cost! The question is...why are they being allowed to get away with the charade?

I don't think there is a Democrat in either the Senate, the House or the White House that REALLY believes that the BBB bill will come in at the 1.7 Trillion dollar level they're claiming, Mike! It's my belief that if you got any of them alone and speaking honestly that they'd admit that they have no intention of stopping those programs and that the 1.7 Trillion figure is nothing more than a bait and switch for what BBB will REALLY cost! The question is...why are they being allowed to get away with the charade?
I don't know, but I know the R's could do something but with the exception of a few, the spineless bastards do nothing! My guess though is many of the R's stand make money off it.

I don't know, but I know the R's could do something but with the exception of a few, the spineless bastards do nothing! My guess though is many of the R's stand make money off it.
As far as I know Mike every Republican has voted against BBB. Am I wrong on that? What's holding up passage of the legislation is that there are still just a few Democrats that aren't willing to go along with what they know is a lie. Joe Manchin literally is all that's preventing the left from getting their way and he's under constant attack now from the main stream media and the progressives.

Is there anyone out there that REALLY believes the entitlement programs in BBB will be given to people and then taken away in just a few year's time? It seems quite obvious that Democrats have no intention of doing away with any of those programs once they are in place...so why are they trying to sell BBB as only costing approximately 1.7 Trillion dollars when it's clear that the real cost will be at LEAST 3 Trillion being added to the deficit!
I don't believe a word any of the Democrats say.

I don't believe a word any of the Democrats say.
I believe what Nancy Pelosi says, Viktor! She claims that BBB will be "transformative"! So how do you be both temporary and "transformative"? The answer is that you can't be...something that Pelosi knows only too well! She knows that if you give people another entitlement program that it's almost impossible to later take that away! She KNOWS that the programs that they are claiming will end will never be sunsetted! She KNOWS that claims that they will be is nothing more than a lie!

This is the thing that should make people pause! The CBO is estimating that the true cost of BBB could be as much as 5 Trillion. There is only one way that you can pay for something that large and it is massive tax increases on not just the rich but on the Middle Class as well. Make no mistake about it...unless you're willing to drastically cut a thing like Social Security benefits...then tax increases WILL be coming and it won't only be on the very wealthy as the Democrats are now promising.

Couldn't agree more, Oddball! So why are the Democrats being allowed to portray the cost of this bill as something that THEY and every other logical person KNOWS is a lie?
That's kinda how the hypocrisy of American politics work. You must be new here.

I take it you dont believe anything Biden does so you'll have a big weapon come the election.
When he rolls out the money for infrastructure etc. Don't bring any lunch. There'll be plenty of humble pie to munch on.

That's kinda how the hypocrisy of American politics work. You must be new here.
Politicians try to blow smoke, TT and the media calls them on it. That's the way it's supposed to work in American politics. My point is that the Biden Administration is blowing some SERIOUS smoke and they're not being questioned on any of it except by the single Fox News White House reporter who gets to ask Psaki one question per news conference!
Reporters from the other media outlets sitting in that room know full well that the numbers that the Biden White House are throwing around are a total sham yet they let Psaki stand up there and call the CBO's estimate of what the BBB will really cost a "fake" number!
I guess what I'm asking is what has happened to journalistic integrity?

I take it you dont believe anything Biden does so you'll have a big weapon come the election.
When he rolls out the money for infrastructure etc. Don't bring any lunch. There'll be plenty of humble pie to munch on.
Do YOU believe in the numbers that the Biden Administration are using, Colin? Do you honestly believe that the cost of BBB will be 1.7 Trillion and that it's all paid for?

It was sold out to the highest bidder long ago.
So you're OK with being lied to by the Main Stream Media?
How do we elect politicians with good policies if the Main Stream Media doesn't expose the ones with bad policies? How do we keep the deficit from growing out of control if the Main Stream Media isn't honest with us about what things will cost?

So you're OK with being lied to by the Main Stream Media?
No idea what makes you say that.
How do we elect politicians with good policies if the Main Stream Media doesn't expose the ones with bad policies? How do we keep the deficit from growing out of control if the Main Stream Media isn't honest with us about what things will cost?
You frame it as if Americans have any say in the distillation of information from the media (I exclude social media). Legacy media (TV, radio, newspapers, etc.) projects the political biases of the corporate entities that own them. Ingest media from multiple outlets, sources and develop an opinion from that.

Oh, so we're using CNN links now. Okay.

This article is saying that the bill will be more expensive if it contains extensions that it doesn't contain. That seems presumptuous to me, if not deliberately contentious. I guess the concern is that Democrats will squeeze them in there later, but the easy way to prevent that is to simply win Congress. Or, they could convince one of the Democrats to side with them on this issue—which Joe Manchin already has.

There's also a provision in reconciliation that allows many non-core budget provisions to be automatically sunsetted after a few years. Senators can object to certain pieces of reconciliation, and then it can be removed with a supermajority vote, so that's another path to keep it from becoming permanent.

Forum List

Back