CDZ Does Anyone Here Really Believe That The Programs Joe Biden Wants In The Build Back Better Bill WON'T be extended?

Couldn't agree more, Oddball! So why are the Democrats being allowed to portray the cost of this bill as something that THEY and every other logical person KNOWS is a lie?

Cause they own the main stream media, hollywood, the late night comics (who are now losing to Greg Gutfeld), the education system and the press......................

Oh, so we're using CNN links now. Okay.

This article is saying that the bill will be more expensive if it contains extensions that it doesn't contain. That seems presumptuous to me, if not deliberately contentious. I guess the concern is that Democrats will squeeze them in there later, but the easy way to prevent that is to simply win Congress. Or, they could convince one of the Democrats to side with them on this issue—which Joe Manchin already has.

There's also a provision in reconciliation that allows many non-core budget provisions to be automatically sunsetted after a few years. Senators can object to certain pieces of reconciliation, and then it can be removed with a supermajority vote, so that's another path to keep it from becoming permanent.
First of all I think it's more conclusive if you use links from liberal sites to illustrate an opinion that comes from a conservative perspective...but that's just me!

As for your contention that saying the bill will be more expensive if it contains extensions is being "presumptuous"? With all due respect, Pellinore...do you really think that any of the Democrats that are voting for BBB have any intention of letting those provisions "sunset"? Name the last time a major entitlement program was taken away from the people after it was given to them! I'll wait...

Do YOU believe in the numbers that the Biden Administration are using, Colin? Do you honestly believe that the cost of BBB will be 1.7 Trillion and that it's all paid for?

More to the point, why don't you believe it? You believed everything trump said never questioned it. Now suddenly everything Joe says is a lie. How coincidental.

More to the point, why don't you believe it? You believed everything trump said never questioned it. Now suddenly everything Joe says is a lie. How coincidental.
I don't believe it for one simple reason, Colin. Democrats feel the need to use budget "gimmicks" to hide the true cost of the BBB legislation! They have zero intention of sunsetting the major entitlements that are included in the bill yet they have they only have them paid for, for several years. It's dishonest.
As for the biggest lie that Joe is telling right now? You know...that BBB is going to lower inflation? That's laughable! A first year Econ major can tell you what happens when you dump trillions of dollars into an economy that's already suffering from rampant inflation! Biden's policies will cause even more inflation but neither he nor the Democratic leadership gives a crap about how rampant inflation is affecting everyday Americans!

I don't believe it for one simple reason, Colin. Democrats feel the need to use budget "gimmicks" to hide the true cost of the BBB legislation! They have zero intention of sunsetting the major entitlements that are included in the bill yet they have they only have them paid for, for several years. It's dishonest.
As for the biggest lie that Joe is telling right now? You know...that BBB is going to lower inflation? That's laughable! A first year Econ major can tell you what happens when you dump trillions of dollars into an economy that's already suffering from rampant inflation! Biden's policies will cause even more inflation but neither he nor the Democratic leadership gives a crap about how rampant inflation is affecting everyday Americans!
Here we Go again. Same old hate and diatribe of partisan bullshit. You can't help yourselves but rant about somebody else's fault.
You make me vomit, boofhead.

Here we Go again. Same old hate and diatribe of partisan bullshit. You can't help yourselves but rant about somebody else's fault.
You make me vomit, boofhead.
Pointing out an economic reality is a "diatribe of partisan bullshit"? Really, Colin? Did you happen to take Macro Economics in college? I doubt it because if you HAD you'd know that what causes inflation isn't rocket science. When you flood an economy with more money it increases the cost of goods and services. That's not "partisan bullshit"...it's long accepted macro economic theory!

BBB was never meant to pass.

They wanted to pass the trillion-dollar infrastructure bill, and they did.

If BBB passes, everyone will be shocked.

If Trump can add 7.8 trillion to the deficit, why can't Biden put this on the rich and make them pay for a change. We know saint Reagan increased inflation to it's highest level in 1982 putting the burden on the poor and middle class while we had an actor as president.

Pointing out an economic reality is a "diatribe of partisan bullshit"? Really, Colin? Did you happen to take Macro Economics in college? I doubt it because if you HAD you'd know that what causes inflation isn't rocket science. When you flood an economy with more money it increases the cost of goods and services. That's not "partisan bullshit"...it's long accepted macro economic theory!

You are here to purely pour scorn in everything Biden does and you know it. You are paranoid about that.
Trump was the worst president ever elected yet you protect him like he was God. Its the same diatribe of hate from
Limp twisted hate filled un American dimwits.

Build Back Better. First you got to tear down what you are going to build better. Not one single word about repair. So BBB is like the war on drugs, poverty, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Trillions of dollars lost to the super rich and millions of lives wrecked & destroyed.
Is that the real goal of BBB?

First of all I think it's more conclusive if you use links from liberal sites to illustrate an opinion that comes from a conservative perspective...but that's just me!

As for your contention that saying the bill will be more expensive if it contains extensions is being "presumptuous"? With all due respect, Pellinore...do you really think that any of the Democrats that are voting for BBB have any intention of letting those provisions "sunset"? Name the last time a major entitlement program was taken away from the people after it was given to them! I'll wait...
Goodness no; if they vote for it now, chances are they'll vote for it then, but that hinges on most or all of them still being in office at sunset time. Even if you're talking about a one-year sunset, Manchin (or whoever) can simply vote down the sunset provision then. After that, the American people will have the option of removing who want to extend whatever program.

Is there anyone out there that REALLY believes the entitlement programs in BBB will be given to people and then taken away in just a few year's time? It seems quite obvious that Democrats have no intention of doing away with any of those programs once they are in place...so why are they trying to sell BBB as only costing approximately 1.7 Trillion dollars when it's clear that the real cost will be at LEAST 3 Trillion being added to the deficit!
Sebastian Gorka DrG (@SebGorka) Tweeted:
Is she drunk?

Or just insane?

Goodness no; if they vote for it now, chances are they'll vote for it then, but that hinges on most or all of them still being in office at sunset time. Even if you're talking about a one-year sunset, Manchin (or whoever) can simply vote down the sunset provision then. After that, the American people will have the option of removing who want to extend whatever program.
Will you admit that the ONLY reason this bill is being presented in this way...with major parts of it supposedly being phased out in a short amount of time...is so that Democrats can pretend that it isn't going to cost Trillions of dollars when they know full well that it is?

You are here to purely pour scorn in everything Biden does and you know it. You are paranoid about that.
Trump was the worst president ever elected yet you protect him like he was God. Its the same diatribe of hate from
Limp twisted hate filled un American dimwits.
"Scorn in"? What does that even mean? I'm here to point out the truth, Colin! This has nothing to do with Trump. This is about proposed legislation that will add another massive layer of entitlements to an entitlement system that we already can't pay for and how the people that are pushing it through with "reconciliation" are using accounting sleight of hand to hide the true costs from the American people!

Will you admit that the ONLY reason this bill is being presented in this way...with major parts of it supposedly being phased out in a short amount of time...is so that Democrats can pretend that it isn't going to cost Trillions of dollars when they know full well that it is?
Only? No. Contributing? Sure, as any reasonably strategic bill-writer would, if for no other reason than that Sinema and Manchin would laugh anything longer out of the building and down the street. Their wafer-thin Senate margin means that now is not the time for ambitious, overarching spending plans.

"Scorn in"? What does that even mean? I'm here to point out the truth, Colin! This has nothing to do with Trump. This is about proposed legislation that will add another massive layer of entitlements to an entitlement system that we already can't pay for and how the people that are pushing it through with "reconciliation" are using accounting sleight of hand to hide the true costs from the American people!

You never said a word about trump increasing the debt. How did you expect to pay for that? GWB piled on trillions but still nothing. You hypocrite.

Admit it. Your excuses are pure Biden bashing and you know it.

You never said a word about trump increasing the debt. How did you expect to pay for that? GWB piled on trillions but still nothing. You hypocrite.

Admit it. Your excuses are pure Biden bashing and you know it.
Trump wouldn't have been idiotic enough to increase government spending when the country was suffering from rampant inflation, Colin! Neither would W. Only Joe Biden and the far left are this clueless about basic economic principles!

Only? No. Contributing? Sure, as any reasonably strategic bill-writer would, if for no other reason than that Sinema and Manchin would laugh anything longer out of the building and down the street. Their wafer-thin Senate margin means that now is not the time for ambitious, overarching spending plans.
Neither Sinema nor Manchin seem to be buying the bullshit, Pellinore! They both know that BBB is going to cost trillions more than Biden and the left are claiming.
Do you not grasp that BBB IS an overarching spending plan being rammed down our throats by a Party that does indeed have a wafer thin margin in both the House and the Senate. The Democrats KNOW they're going to get reamed come next November so they're desperate to get this entitlement pushed through before the American people can throw them out of office!

Of course trump wouldn't do that. He was handed all his wealth by father. Brilliant economic strategist.
He even had a budget for the whores he regularly visited.

Stop fabricating silly childish stories about democrats economics.
You fools will say another to blacken their name including blatant lies.
You're paranoid with hatred. Grow up.
What does how much wealth Trump was given by his father have to do with the economic policies he employed as President? Trump was an economics major at the Wharton School...one of the best business schools in the country. Unlike you and idiots like Joe Biden...Trump would understand basic economic theory...things like you don't pump trillions more into an economy already awash in cash and suffering from rampant inflation! You'd know that too, Colin if you'd taken basic economics classes.

Forum List

Back