Does Anyone Have Any Time They Can Donate?

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I'm in desperate need of more time. I could probably use some discipline as well. I traditionally put up my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. My work schedule got changed so that I'm off today instead of tomorrow when I would have had M,T,W and Thanksgiving Day off. I'll work tomorrow and have T,W, and Thanksgiving Day off instead. Started putting my tree together today and due to my lack of self discipline, I have only completed part of the bottom third of the tree. Following my 12 hour work day tomorrow, I have to stop at the grocery store and get my turkey so that can thaw, pick up a couple other things. I need to get my apartment cleaned, Thanksgiving dinner cooked, finish at the very least getting my tree finished even if I don't get a single piece of decoration on it. I've got to bake cookies for my son which means if my daughters find out I will need to bake equal amounts for them; the problem is which daughter is first? If I bake for my (self-described) red-headed step-child who suffers from middle child syndrome she will have another red-headed middle child syndrome thing under her belt ... but if I bake her cookies last ... it might be worse. I have laundry to wash, already done laundry to fold, grocery shopping for my little lady on her debit card, grocery shopping on my card, a Keurig coffee maker my children gave me for my birthday to get set up so I can actually have a first cup of coffee when I wake up rather than having to wait an hour or so later when I've gotten to work. And the list goes on and on and on .......

How's everybody else's beginning of the holiday season going? Got any time you can spare for and old lady?

I don't put up a tree..I let them continue to grow..
I let them grow as well. I purchased a brand new artificial tree from Balsam Hill last year - most gorgeous, realistic looking tree I have ever owned. I had to call my daughter to let her know The Infamous Christmas Tree I had for some 20 or so years had been laid to rest in the garbage dumpster.

Ah, the tree. Got the thing up last night once I finally got home from work. Twelve hours on the job, decided I'd stop at the grocery store on the way home so I could just pick up a turkey and a couple other items I needed for Thanksgiving dinner. All the turkeys were thawed already, but looked and looked for cranberry sauce and finally found it on the top shelf in a place where I would never have guessed it to be. Got to the checkout counter ... don't you know ... every single person who had a damned turkey had to w-a-i-t while the bird when back to meats to get weighed and priced. Not a single price tag on any of them. That was 45 minutes out of my life that I'll never get back. So today I've been playing at decorating the tree in between doing a little house cleaning. I'm trying some new stuff this year to go with some of my old stuff. Got some snow owls made with feathers to go with my other birds, and these multiple length strands of - I don't know what they are but the have these iridescent sort of flat beads that sparkle in light, new twinkling lights which I've never had on my tree - and they actually look pretty without getting on my nerves! Anyway, I'm not getting much decorating done while I'm on here. LOL!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!

Forum List

Back