Does anyone believe the Feds will limit spending on EV charging stations to $7.5 billion dollars?

Nuclear fission has the problem of waste disposal.

In theory they could if a big enough solar farm were built in Nevada and a big enough wind farm built in the Dakotas. Any chance such projects are in our infrastructure bill?

Without a doubt, Joe's green new energy and EV cars will GREATLY increase the cost of energy and transportation while limiting its access at a time when our country can least afford it. It would seem the Dems put priority of both the European hegemony over that of Americans and the ideals of a perfect world over the concrete needs of actual living people.

How many millions of people will these ideas kill in search of their environmental utopias?
There are issues with nuclear waste, but if we are really destroying the world the waste is less of an issue, or at least, should force to find a solution. The bottom line is, wind and solar cannot meet energy demands, so it is either nuclear or live in caves again.

The Left prefers the later, that is, for everyone else, but not those in power.

The bottom line is, wind and solar cannot meet energy demands, so it is either nuclear or live in caves again.

Like I said, in theory, wind and solar CAN meet all our energy needs. The problem is that we should first develop it to where it is proven reliable over decades first doing that to about 80% our needs before we cut our ties to coal or NG.

Nuclear is the ultimate clean energy in theory, problem is that we can't seem to build plants incapable of melting down! And the spent fuel rods need launched on a rocket into the Sun, hoping that none of the rockets come back and crashes into a city!

We have two EC's, and charge both cars in our garage using the low solar cost of power from panels on our roof***. In fact we have yet to pay more than $5/mo on our PG&E bill. Charging the cars during low cost hours, over night or on week ends sure beats going to gas stations for fuel, and changing oil and needing tune-ups is gone.

***The power generated during the daylight hours goes to PG&E which they sell at peak times, and return our energy at low peak times.
Excellent....I applaud your ingenuity..... but having the Charging station at home is far from having a commercial network

There are issues with nuclear waste, but if we are really destroying the world the waste is less of an issue, or at least, should force to find a solution. The bottom line is, wind and solar cannot meet energy demands, so it is either nuclear or live in caves again.

The Left prefers the later, that is, for everyone else, but not those in power.
Fusion power.....it will be here sooner or later

Dummy. Your photo above shows about 400 charging stations! Who is going to tow me to the nearest one? :auiqs.jpg:

I currently have about three gas stations each with about 8 pumps each within about 1000 feet of my house. Your second link shows that I now have about FOUR EV charging stations within about 2-3 MILES.

Wonder how many other people in my area are trying to charge at one of them as well?

Tesla currently has 4,500 charging stations around the US. The federal gov't didn't spend a dime on them. The market will build more as more EVs are on the road.

Tesla currently has 4,500 charging stations around the US.
That sounds about right but the photo is too small to show all of them on the map. Still, 4500 charging stations amounts to one every 822 square miles rendering them effectively USELESS.

The federal gov't didn't spend a dime on them.
Nor should they have. Tesla built them as having at least SOME infrastructure to support their products on which they depend. Most are probably in big urban areas.

The market will build more as more EVs are on the road.
I hope so. Joe now has billions of dollars to build them along with bike lanes in case you start riding a bicycle to work. I've yet to ever see a single car plugged in charging in public anywhere I go.

Yarddog Triple the budget would be incredible performance for our incompetent, wasteful and corrupt government. A program the size of a national network of charging stations will end up costing 100 times the budget they approved.

Tesla currently has 4,500 charging stations around the US. The federal gov't didn't spend a dime on them. The market will build more as more EVs are on the road.
Yes as long as it remains in the hands of private concerns the moment it becomes a government project it will completely fail.

Yes as long as it remains in the hands of private concerns the moment it becomes a government project it will completely fail.
To equal the number of hydrocarbon refueling stations I estimate that we will need roughly twice the amount of locations because of the 2-hour dwell time and that's being conservative.
Only one in 50 cars is a fully electric vehicle right now. So we have no idea what kind of congestion will be present at the charging stations even if they are as large as 200 stations per location. A good solution is simply to have a charger at home and not need to stop at a commercial charging station when you're out. That of course depends on whether or not you have a long commute.

New Topics

Forum List

Back