Does anyone believe Hillary is honest?

She said "don't do stupid shit" is not a policy that will reach good results. Realizing nothing will satisfy Rabbi, but really one cannot disagree with that statement. But does Hill really think Obama's entire for policy is based on that? Probably not. She's waffling. She's backing away from positions she held while SOS on Iran and Iraq. Possibly for political reasons, but possibly she's more "let Bibi have whatever land he wants" and "no nuke power for Iran" that she could push while in Obama's cabinet.

So How Hawkish Is Hillary Clinton? - The Daily Beast

She's avoiding certain failures of her own. But despite those criticisms, I think its true that Obama's rise in 2008 was he was not going to pull BushII's. The criticism of Obama is that he'll draw one line in the sand after another. That's what's happening in the Ukraine. Putin keeps sneaking up to see if he can get across the latest line. For all of Slick's own avoidance of entanglements, he certainly told Putin where to stick Serbia. Slick could make a decision. Obama tends to dither. I suspect Hill is closer to Slick on that.

Here was the thing.

Putin wasn't going to go to war over Serbia.

He's shown he's perfectly willing to go to war over Ukraine.

Brett Stephens nails it perfectly in this AM's WSJ on Hillary.
Bret Stephens: The Hillary Metamorphosis - WSJ

First he mentions how she admitted her opposition to Bush's IRaq Surge was merely political, and she knew it would work all along. Then he nails her for a recent interview in which she recanted virtually everything she said as Sec.State.
So who is the real Hillary? I'd say the real Hillary is the one who will do anything to get elected and is totally without principle or scruple. And this is the shoe-in for the Democrat Party?

Compared to every Republican in the US government she is the most honest person in politics.

Gotcha, because of course everyone knows that liberalism is truth, so anyone who denies that is a liar. In other words, you're saying, baa, baa, baa...

You didnt say she was not totally dishonest. But it doesnt matter, does it? She is very dishonest. And you can't tell when she is being dishonest and being truthful.
So why do you think this qualifies her to be president?

This could go on all night if you continue to put words in my mouth and make shit up. I can tell when she is being dishonest. I'm pretty good at that. Call it a gift

When she says that Obama's foreign policy has no guiding principles, is she being honest or dishonest?

She said that? Please provide the transcript. I'll wait.

Here you go.

Hillary Clinton: "Great nations need organizing principles, and 'Don't do stupid stuff' is not an organizing principle," she said.

The Obama Doctrine: Inarticulate or disengaged? - CNN.com

First he mentions how she admitted her opposition to Bush's IRaq Surge was merely political, and she knew it would work all along. Then he nails her for a recent interview in which she recanted virtually everything she said as Sec.State.
So who is the real Hillary? I'd say the real Hillary is the one who will do anything to get elected and is totally without principle or scruple. And this is the shoe-in for the Democrat Party?

Yes, she is.

Because while she might not be perfect, your side is crazy.

The purpose of the surge was to keep Iraq stable long enough for us to pull out. The Republicans knew it, the Democrats knew it, even the Iraqis knew it, they were waiting for us to get the hell out of the way so they could settle some scores that have been out there since the Seventh Century.

- She said she was named after Sir Edmond who climbed Everest ... after she was born ...

- She said she couldn't breath when she found out the Lewinski accusation was true, turned out she had a long history of covering up his affairs

- She said she came under sniper fire in Serbia, the secret service didn't know about that....

That she lies when it isn't necessary and she is so certain to be checked and caught shows what a compulsive liar she is.

I believe Hillary is honest. Of course, I still put my teeth under my pillow at night.

Democrat Leaders don't like Hillary. Why do Democrat sheep think they ran Obama vs. Hillary? The same team that brought you Obama is busy manufacturing their next candidate in Elizabeth Warren. Warren is a neophyte, hasn't accomplished much outside the Harvard faculty lounges, limited Senate experience, plays race and gender politics well, and can be controlled a lot easier than Hillary. In essence, Warren fits the mold.

Hillary is going down for a second time and it will be Democrats that say NO to Hillary.

You didnt say she was not totally dishonest. But it doesnt matter, does it? She is very dishonest. And you can't tell when she is being dishonest and being truthful.

This could go on all night if you continue to put words in my mouth and make shit up. I can tell when she is being dishonest. I'm pretty good at that. Call it a gift

When she says that Obama's foreign policy has no guiding principles, is she being honest or dishonest?

You'll wait ... then ignore it when you get the quote ...

I believe she is as honest a politician as any other...

Saying she came under sniper fire in Serbia when she didn't? That's nuts, even for a politician. As is saying she was named after someone who wasn't famous until after she was born.

Unless by "any other" politician you mean Joe Biden who said his helicopter was forced down in Afghanistan by the Taliban. It was ... wait for it ... snow. Then again, maybe not, she just made up coming under sniper fire. His exaggeration may have been ridiculous, but at least his helicopter was actually forced down.

Saying she came under sniper fire in Serbia when she didn't? That's nuts, even for a politician. As is saying she was named after someone who wasn't famous until after she was born.

Unless by "any other" politician you mean Joe Biden who said his helicopter was forced down in Afghanistan by the Taliban. It was ... wait for it ... snow. Then again, maybe not, she just made up coming under sniper fire. His exaggeration may have been ridiculous, but at least his helicopter was actually forced down.

What I mean is, the idea that any politician is honest, is a joke.

What I mean is, the idea that any politician is honest, is a joke.

I agree, but to say that being dishonest at any level is all the same doesn't make sense either.

Mrs Clinton was particularly withering about Mr Obama’s slogan of “don’t do stupid stuff” – which the President said was the guiding principle to his approach to foreign policy.
LINK
"Great nations need [sic] organising principles, and 'Don't do stupid stuff' is not an organising principle,” she added.

Mrs Clinton also was noticeably warmer in her support for Israel than Mr Obama, whose relationship with Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, has been strained.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
When we say politicians are not honest,, what do we mean? If a guy campaigns and says he's for better schools, he probably is. Doesnt mean he will be able to do anythign about it, though. If he says he wont raise taxes, he might mean it right then. When he gets into office circumstances might have changed. I dont consider those things lying so much as "take it with a grain of salt."
When a poltiician says "my plan allows you to keep your doctor" and he knows as he says it it is untrue, that is lying. When a politicians admits her oppposition to a policy was purely political, then she is lying when she says she believes in some policy or other. Hillary has a history of lying about little things. She also has a history of lying about big things. That's a politician who doesnt need to be in office.

Mrs Clinton was particularly withering about Mr Obama’s slogan of “don’t do stupid stuff” – which the President said was the guiding principle to his approach to foreign policy.
LINK
"Great nations need [sic] organising principles, and 'Don't do stupid stuff' is not an organising principle,” she added.

Mrs Clinton also was noticeably warmer in her support for Israel than Mr Obama, whose relationship with Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister, has been strained.

I've shown him the quote he asked for and claimed doesn't exist too. He's been hiding since then. Let's not let him off the hook for that...

LINK

I've shown him the quote he asked for and claimed doesn't exist too. He's been hiding since then. Let's not let him off the hook for that...

I've already had this discussion. She didn't say what was claimed. Try to understand the words. They are different. Do we need to have the discussion again?

Forum List

Back