Dobbs was the worst thing that could happen to Republicans.

Juvenile head games. Only one triggered is you who keep trying to make a point about nothing just because you don't like the fact that my point is valid instead of what you WANT me to say.
Haha, aww the ol “I know you are but what am I” retort. How very clever.

I have no issue with your argument except for the fact that it’s off topic

Haha, aww the ol “I know you are but what am I” retort. How very clever.
Suck shit up your nose and fuck off, faggot.

I have no issue with your argument except for the fact that it’s off topic
You were born with an issue. Nothing off topic about addressing a major flaw in a topic, idiot. Fuck off troll and take your plastic toys with you.

I am, fuckwad. I am engaging it by pointing out that the basic PREMISE of it is WRONG because it fails to consider the real, non-political INTENT of the LAW.

DAMN. I'm met some stupid shucks but you are one dense Aspergerer.

The intent is the same as the first prohibition against Abortion. To control women.

Before Dobbs, the Republicans could placate the Religious Right and Social Conservatives by speaking out against Abortion. This was essentially harmless. With Roe as the law of the land, there was no hope of actually doing anything. And best of all, the Republicans couldn’t be blamed for doing nothing. The Supreme Court had ruled and the poor politicians were powerless to do anything about it.

So some fool in the audience screams that “Abortion is Murder” and the politician could agree and lament about how awful it was and it’s a shame the Supremes gave us this awful ruling.

Then Dobbs came and the Republicans got what they said they wanted. Only, it’s not going the way they wanted.

Abortions have remained the same, and indications are that there has been an increase since Dobbs.

So the stated goal to stop abortions, has failed. They are about the same and even possibly increasing. So the “have to save lives” mentality is taking it right on the nose.

For decades polling indicated that most people supported a woman’s right to choose. The Anti Abortion people swore that these were push polls. They were fiction. These polls were lies. A vast majority wanted to save the unborn babies.

Even when Abortion was an issue in an election, the Republican would win. But nobody stopped to consider it might be because the voters didn’t think the politician could do anything about the issue.

Now of course we are in a post Dobbs world. The problem is that the Republicans don’t know what to do. It turns out the polls were right. The majority of voters actually are pro choice. In the meantime the Republicans have become defined by fierce opposition to Abortion.

It is worse for Trump. He proudly announced he had done this. He had packed the court with anti abortion Judges who overturned Roe.

The Republicans are now demanding that the important issues, the ones that matter are the economy, and immigration, and the deficit. The voters appear to think Abortion is pretty important.

Neat story. Shame you're wrong, but that's how leftists are today. Abortion issue and State results says a lot about the nation's maturity

Wrong on which part, and why?

Come on, be honest, you're a leftist. Thus your words are empty.

The Supreme Court has used as a benchmark, historical precedent for restrictions on firearms. This saying if you can’t find a historical precedent from the time the Second was written you can’t have the prohibition now.

Overly simplistic explanation. I know. But that is the gist of the situation.

Abortion, historically was allowed. As I have shown Benjamin Franklin included instructions on how to perform one in a book he believed would be a great benefit in every household.

So historically the belief appeared to be that it was the Woman’s choice. No part of the book appears to require a good reason acceptable to the society. No rape, or incest, or any other qualifier. Just here are the instructions. Do it if you want.

The very first law wasn’t passed until 1821.

Prior to that it was legal under Common Law. Everywhere.

Yet today. It is considered outrageous to have the same ideals of freedom for a woman to decide what to do with her body that our Founders considered normal and natural. Why is that?

Go ahead and kill them. Lefties have the momentum to turn the abortion issue into the legal possibility of killing kids under 2 years old. The former democrat governor of Va. gave a rambling support of abortion that included making newborns comfortable while the parents and the doctor decided whether to drown them like freaking puppies. Let's bring it out in the open and show the pictures of Gosnel's house of horrors in Pa. where the fools that elected Fetterman to the senate monitored pizza parlors for health issues but not abortion clinics. Show us lefties, show us the squirming full term babies that are yanked feet first from the womb and stabbed in the back of the head while their brains are sucked out.
whitehall said: The former democrat governor of Va. gave a rambling support of abortion whthll.23.11.09 #215

The current Republican Governor {VA} is in favor of killing 95 percent of all the Fetus Babies killed in the US every year..

NotfooledbyW said: “Ninety-five percent of all abortions happen between six weeks and sixteen weeks” nf.23.09.19 #1

Can you avoid burning eternally in Hell Saint Whitehall if you continue to vote for baby killing Republicans like Youngkin and Trump?

Neat story. Shame you're wrong, but that's how leftists are today. Abortion issue and State results says a lot about the nation's maturity
The thread premise is correct and in fact you’re wrong.

Abortion was the perfect hot button/wedge issue allowing Republicans to energize the base: the Christo-fascist right, reactionary extremists, and conservatives advancing the “states’ rights” lie.

Roe became the ultimate political weapon for Republicans, employing dishonest rhetoric and fearmongering with lies such as abortion being ‘murder’ and ‘killing babies’ – it kept the base angry, engaged, and going the polls.

And the right’s campaign of lies and demagoguery worked perfectly, turning the once Democratic South Republican and gaining Republicans control of Congress.

Indeed, the last thing Republicans wanted was for Roe to be overturned.

Dobbs took from Republicans that perfect political weapon and delivered it to Democrats – who for two elections now have use it successfully to defeat Republicans in 2022 and again this November.

If Republicans were smart they’d at least amend their abortion ‘bans’ with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother – but Republicans aren’t smart.
If Republicans were smart they would push for abortions in all 50 states to take that issue off the board.
There are more important issues to deal with.

NFBW #1 VOICES: I support Issue 1 because of my faith, not in spite of it By Rev. Terry Williams Nov 5, 2023 nf.23.11.07 #1

kyzr said: If Republicans were smart they would push for abortions in all 50 states to take that issue off the board. • • • There are more important issues to deal with kyzr!.23.11.08 #275

I want to see Saints Tuberville, Trvmp, DeSantis do that flip by Monday!

nf.23.11.10 #276

Last edited:
I disagree. The Republicans objection for Obamacare made sense to me. Medical treatment should be between the patient, and the doctor, and nobody else.

I believed that was the right position, and I believe it today.

I believe that right should be the same for everyone, no matter what State they happen to be in.

And that’s why everyone needs to be active in petitioning your state legislatures, to get them to do what you want. The way congress operates is under the majority rule, if more congressmen from more states want something, they out vote the other states. So if a state doesn’t want something, they get sick with it anyway, because of this majority rule situation. That needs to change. Like 99% of the stuff congress votes on should be states rights issues anyway.

18 powers delegated to the federal government, everything else, the states get to decide on their own.

Horse shit.

I love the Republican talking points but no one is buying g it

Cotus didn’t ban abortion. Abortion is still legal in most states, some have banned it. So, my statement is true, the states are making that decision.

Why do you feel otherwise?

A fetus is not a baby. Try a dictionary.
and
Keep your desire to use government to deny women the right to control their own bodies is immoral.
Try the equal protection clause which denies a man's right to keep the child if he wants to

Forum List

Back