Do you wish that the United States would have taken the coronavirus as Sweden or Belarus did?

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Sweden and Belarus did not have lockdowns during the virus … life went on as normal in those countries…

…while the wealthy militarized countries like China, the United States, and England all had lockdowns. Millions upon millions of people in these countries accepted what they were told, including Republicans to put on a mask.

I’m asking folks here during that first phase of the virus back in March and April 2020 what was going through your head when you were told by people on TV to wear a mask? to stay inside your house, not be within 6 feet of someone, don’t go visit your grandmother in a nursing home? As all of this was happening, I was in the hospital at ECMC recovering from a spinal injury so I had no idea what was going on on the outside world in those first two months, perhaps the most critical months of the coronavirus.

Imagine if in the initial outbreak of the so-called coronavirus that the United States had taken the route of Sweden or Belarus…. and we had a bunch of people going out, working, enjoying leisure Time. Well maybe we wouldn’t have the inflation that we have today.

Dude. I think it's been established that we wished that. Is this a question from 2021?
We wish that….but the question is how many fellow Americans perhaps wanted it that way, or at least wanted our government to handle the virus differently than they did.

Sweden and Belarus did not have lockdowns during the virus … life went on as normal in those countries…

…while the wealthy militarized countries like China, the United States, and England all had lockdowns. Millions upon millions of people in these countries accepted what they were told, including Republicans to put on a mask.

I’m asking folks here during that first phase of the virus back in March and April 2020 what was going through your head when you were told by people on TV to wear a mask? to stay inside your house, not be within 6 feet of someone, don’t go visit your grandmother in a nursing home? As all of this was happening, I was in the hospital at ECMC recovering from a spinal injury so I had no idea what was going on on the outside world in those first two months, perhaps the most critical months of the coronavirus.

Imagine if in the initial outbreak of the so-called coronavirus that the United States had taken the route of Sweden or Belarus…. and we had a bunch of people going out, working, enjoying leisure Time. Well maybe we wouldn’t have the inflation that we have today.

Fauci's, Gate's, China's, and the CDC's “pandemic” scare did serious damage to America's economy—the scars of which are present to this very day. All involved in this massive scam should be tried and hanged.

Sweden's approach was to implement voluntary social distancing, on the premise that people would comply with mitigation measures willingly. However, despite the fact that 4 out of 5 Swedes changed their day to day lives (unlike your suggestion that they all just went on with their lives as if nothing were happening), Sweden experienced significant surges in COVID cases and deaths, and the government went ahead and mandated mitigation measures instead of leaving it a free-for-all.

Now lick your typing hands and tell us all what failure tastes like.

Sweden's approach was to implement voluntary social distancing, on the premise that people would comply with mitigation measures willingly. However, despite the fact that 4 out of 5 Swedes changed their day to day lives (unlike your suggestion that they all just went on with their lives as if nothing were happening), Sweden experienced significant surges in COVID cases and deaths, and the government went ahead and mandated mitigation measures instead of leaving it a free-for-all.

So you're saying trump failed.

The lockdowns continued for too long. More importantly, the extra benefits and rent moritorium went on waaaaaaay too long . We could have split the difference with a honor system like Mondays A-D's shop; Tuesdays E-K's shop, etc. I suppose but the reality is in our area, the "lockdown" effectively ended the day the first bennie checks arrived in the bank accounts. People were out in full force getting them some trampolines and Walmart snacks.

Cool story, bro.

Why do people keep using Sweden as an example when it's a relatively closed society with a population of about 10 million (U.S. 330 million)? The U.S. supports more illegal aliens than the total population of all the Scandanivian countries combined.

Forum List

Back