Do you support the presidents proposed universal background check for firearms?

Do you support universal background checks for firearm purchases?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Poll to follow but please feel free to elaborate on your position.

Myself I do but I don't know how you impliment it. Trying to make private citizens law enforcement officers seems a bit unfair.

I think you will have to get help with the background check for the sale to be legal.

A fee at the gun store for the cost of the background check or something like that would be easy enough

It's one of the few good things that have come from the President as of late.
We don't need gun control, we need to keep the guns from falling into the wrong hands. A universal background check will do good.

I think you will have to get help with the background check for the sale to be legal.

A fee at the gun store for the cost of the background check or something like that would be easy enough

That's exactly what I read. Private gun sellers would go to a gun store, and for a fee (say, $10.00), the gun store would run the background check, which takes about 5-10 minutes, at the present time.

Sounds OK to me, but this law is not going to stop gun sales between two criminals, which is a loophole that will NEVER be closed.

What is the difference between the background checks we have now, vs what the president wants?

The orders the president signed will give additional funds to states to report mental health reports to the background check system which few do now, end the "gun show loophole" by requiring a background check on all gun sales, and persecute people that deliberately lie on the background checks are just a few.

What is the difference between the background checks we have now, vs what the president wants?

A person couldn't lawfully sell a weapon to someone else without first confirming they pass the background check.

Hmm, I like the idea of background checks for all gun sales. However, I'm wondering how much of an added burden that would be for private citizens trying to sell a firearm.

Sounds OK to me, but this law is not going to stop gun sales between two criminals, which is a loophole that will NEVER be closed.

Agreed on that. The best we can do is keep guns away from wanna-be criminals and those who are convicted, yet try to buy from private citizens.

Absolutely.

I think that Americans should be able to have firearms for home and business protection.

I do not think that crazies, drug abusers, terrorists, criminals (Ex-Felons or otherwise), wife/husband abusers and violent individuals should have access to guns.

The orders the president signed will give additional funds to states to report mental health reports to the background check system which few do now, end the "gun show loophole" by requiring a background check on all gun sales, and persecute people that deliberately lie on the background checks are just a few.

Many States have said no the the funds.

Absolutely.
I do not think that crazies, drug abusers, terrorists, criminals (Ex-Felons or otherwise), wife/husband abusers and violent individuals should have access to guns.

When they do gain access what do you think should happen to them ?

Absolutely.

When they do gain access what do you think should happen to them ?

As a felon if I get caught with one its an automatic 5 years in prison

Agreed on that. The best we can do is keep guns away from wanna-be criminals and those who are convicted, yet try to buy from private citizens.

All it takes is a middleman for a criminal to complete such a transaction. It's one of those thought lines where you're expecting criminals to be deterred from acquiring objects they lawfully can not have by following a law.

It's the same stupid line of thinking as you can have a 10 round mag, but can legally only put 7 bullets in it. :rolleyes:

It's costly to everyone and doesn't really stop anything. Considering most gun related crimes happen with illegal weapons.

Forum List

Back