Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

Yes. If we're made in the image of God, that alone certainly implies some common ground for mutual understanding. And I've always taken that image to be a spiritual one rather than physical. Also, assuming a masculine gender, or a gender at all, implies an anthropomorphic being that reproduces sexually. Reasonably, shouldn't we refer to the concept of God, however many "omni-s" there might be, as "It"?

God the Father, who has a son "since before the foundations of the earth", therefore must have a mother, who is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus don't tolerate anyone talking bad about his mom. That's what he said, "Blasphemy against the Father and the Son will be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Are you saying that the bible lies when saying that Mary is the mother of Jesus/God?

Chapter and verse on the holy ghost being female please.

Regards
DL

Surrogate mother. Are you saying Mary was around before the foundations of the earth?

Inspired word of God means inspired by God, or at least that's the claim.
No, it means they were "inspired" by their fanaticism of what they perceived to be God.

Last edited:
God the Father, who has a son "since before the foundations of the earth", therefore must have a mother, who is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus don't tolerate anyone talking bad about his mom. That's what he said, "Blasphemy against the Father and the Son will be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Are you saying that the bible lies when saying that Mary is the mother of Jesus/God?

Regards
DL

Surrogate mother. Are you saying Mary was around before the foundations of the earth?

No, it means they were "inspired" by their fanaticism of what they perceived to be God.

You seem to be vacillating between atheism and fundamentalism.

Regards
DL

Mary was around before the Foundations of the earth. We all were.

Such a simple truth lost to most people.

Regards
DL

I am saying that Christians have God flipping back and forth through time in their trying to explain their really stupid Trinity concept.

I have no belief in virgin births.

I am still waiting for anything the bible has on what you said of, now, surrogate mother.

Regards
DL

Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?

God of the Paradox - YouTube

If God is Unfathomable - YouTube

I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?

When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian, --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?

If not, how do you know you speak the truth?

Regards
DL

Do you recognize the Anti-Christ Spirit that is lying to you?

Always makes me wonder...
I don't believe in Fairies...or telekinesis..or in Big Foot.
I also don't spend anytime thinking about them. Nor would I take time to write to others about it.
I don't understand any Atheist who spends so much time thinking about/arguing about/debating about - something they supposedly do not believe in??

Is belief in fairies/telekinesis/Big Foot as popular as a belief in God? No? Didn't think so.

Atheists contemplate the same questions theists do; they just don't look at it from the perspective of "Well God did it".

(Also it's somewhat amusing but that's besides the point)

Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?

God of the Paradox - YouTube

If God is Unfathomable - YouTube

I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?

When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian, --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?

If not, how do you know you speak the truth?

Regards
DL

Do you recognize the Anti-Christ Spirit that is lying to you?

Indeed.

God causes them to lies.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

Is belief in fairies/telekinesis/Big Foot as popular as a belief in God? No? Didn't think so.

Sarcasm doesn't help.

Atheists contemplate the same questions theists do; they just don't look at it from the perspective of "Well God did it".

What about the perspective of the agnostic who looks at the universe and deduces two possible causes for its genesis or the Big Bang--a laissez faire God (as opposed to any revealed god), or spontaneous generation. Both are equally incredibly and there is no evidence whatever that favors or detracts from either unless there's something you know that I'm unaware of. Atheists (such as Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins) have had to back down from their positions that there is evidence for spontaneous creation, or knowledge of anything before the Big Bang.

Sarcasm doesn't help.

What about the perspective of the agnostic who looks at the universe and deduces two possible causes for its genesis or the Big Bang--a laissez faire God (as opposed to any revealed god), or spontaneous generation. Both are equally incredibly and there is no evidence whatever that favors or detracts from either unless there's something you know that I'm unaware of. Atheists (such as Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins) have had to back down from their positions that there is evidence for spontaneous creation, or knowledge of anything before the Big Bang.

False dilemma. You're arguing that either spontaneous cause or a God caused the Big Bang, when the fact of the matter is that we simply don't know what happened.

False dilemma. You're arguing that either spontaneous cause or a God caused the Big Bang, when the fact of the matter is that we simply don't know what happened.

No, I'm arguing that it was caused or that it wasn't. Cause is indicative of design. A spontaneous Big Bang means a random happenstance. True, we don't have the first clue about which is right, but the point is I can't think of any possible third option to cause or uncaused.

Last edited:

No, I'm arguing that it was caused or that it wasn't. Cause is indicative of design. A spontaneous Big Bang means a random happenstance. True, we don't have the first clue about which is right, but the point is I can't think of any possible third option to cause or uncaused.

If a hurricane causes damage, is it because someone designed it that way?

Anyway, I settle for "I don't know" in terms of the Big Bang and the truth is that we don't know and it's possible that we won't know in our lifetimes or even ever. Saying, however, that it was an imperceptible being without any actual evidence of such is a cop-out.

If a hurricane causes damage, is it because someone designed it that way?

All natural causes have previous causes, back to the Big Bang. But we have no information one way or the other from "before" that.

Anyway, I settle for "I don't know" in terms of the Big Bang and the truth is that we don't know and it's possible that we won't know in our lifetimes or even ever. Saying, however, that it was an imperceptible being without any actual evidence of such is a cop-out.

I'm an agnostic as well. First and foremost, I don't know either. It's just as much of a cop-out to say that it wasn't triggered by God, but I'm not saying it was either. I'm only saying it had to be one or the other, and given a complete lack of evidence either way, that makes the odds 50/50. In fact, you could make an argument for (a laissez faire) God from the fact that evidence is so completely lacking from "before"--but then there's no evidence for or against that either so.... :eusa_whistle:

Whether there's a God or not makes no difference toward forming a rational code of morality in our interactions with each other, or how well we follow it. In this universe, the only difference between an atheist and a deist is hope.

Forum List

Back