Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=L7jClyinERY&NR=1]God of the Paradox - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw]If God is Unfathomable - YouTube[/ame]

I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?

When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian, --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?

If not, how do you know you speak the truth?

Regards
DL

The Bible doesn't say God can't be known. Quite the opposite. The Bible teaches us to seek out Eternal life and Eternal Life is to know God.

In fact, the entire New Testament is Christ sending out the Apostles to teach the people how to know God. It's kind of a central tenant to Christianity.

The people who say God can't be known are the ones who don't know Him and aren't putting in any effort to know Him.

The Bible doesn't say God can't be known. Quite the opposite. The Bible teaches us to seek out Eternal life and Eternal Life is to know God.

In fact, the entire New Testament is Christ sending out the Apostles to teach the people how to know God. It's kind of a central tenant to Christianity.

The people who say God can't be known are the ones who don't know Him and aren't putting in any effort to know Him.

You are describing those who are idol worshipers of you Godinabook are you not?
I thought that you were one of those.

Where do you seek God if not in your bible?

Regards
DL

Yes. If we're made in the image of God, that alone certainly implies some common ground for mutual understanding. And I've always taken that image to be a spiritual one rather than physical. Also, assuming a masculine gender, or a gender at all, implies an anthropomorphic being that reproduces sexually. Reasonably, shouldn't we refer to the concept of God, however many "omni-s" there might be, as "It"?

Yes. If we're made in the image of God, that alone certainly implies some common ground for mutual understanding. And I've always taken that image to be a spiritual one rather than physical. Also, assuming a masculine gender, or a gender at all, implies an anthropomorphic being that reproduces sexually. Reasonably, shouldn't we refer to the concept of God, however many "omni-s" there might be, as "It"?

In a sense yes but in another no and I think that anthropomorphising is likely the best.

See if this makes sense to you. Think of God as the ideal person which is what Jesus taught. Remember as well that many of the older Gods were depicted as androgynous.

The God or greatest ideal for an ant is an ant.
The God or greatest ideal for a lion is a lion.
The God or greatest ideal for a man would be a man.
That is how we are in the image of God as men and women. This follows natures plan.

Regards
DL

God the Father, who has a son "since before the foundations of the earth", therefore must have a mother, who is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus don't tolerate anyone talking bad about his mom. That's what he said, "Blasphemy against the Father and the Son will be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Always makes me wonder...
I don't believe in Fairies...or telekinesis..or in Big Foot.
I also don't spend anytime thinking about them. Nor would I take time to write to others about it.
I don't understand any Atheist who spends so much time thinking about/arguing about/debating about - something they supposedly do not believe in??

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Always makes me wonder...
I don't believe in Fairies...or telekinesis..or in Big Foot.
I also don't spend anytime thinking about them. Nor would I take time to write to others about it.
I don't understand any Atheist who spends so much time thinking about/arguing about/debating about - something they supposedly do not believe in??

Duh, what?

God of the Paradox - YouTube

If God is Unfathomable - YouTube

I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian, --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?

Regards
DL

Only God's created invisible servant can speak the Truth for Him during this age. But this required His servant to exist in illusions called prophets and saints. Most of God's people didn't believe these prophets and saints and had them all killed for their crazy testimonies. The last one will be killed a year from now but only after God's believers see the miracles performed such as the record breaking drought and other strange unexplainable events that are happening and going to happen here in California this coming year.

God the Father, who has a son "since before the foundations of the earth", therefore must have a mother, who is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus don't tolerate anyone talking bad about his mom. That's what he said, "Blasphemy against the Father and the Son will be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

If God wanted us to honor His son, He would have spoken His commandment like this, "Thou shalt honor thy Mother and thy Father and thy Son". But that's not what He commanded us to do. He spoke this, "Honor thy Father and thy Mother".

No one understands this commandment except us saints that no the invisible "Father" and our invisible created existence known to us as the "Mother".

The son of God is the "Mother" of ALL God's creation because we ( who exist in the flesh called prophets and saints ) are created as God's Voice, also known as the Word of God.

Genesis 3
15: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

"you" is the flesh of man formed through God's "tree of the knowledge of good and evil", or Lucifer. This is the true enemy of our created invisible existence called "the woman" in this prophecy. The "woman" is also known as the Holy Spirit, or Mother. In the next age, ALL God's people will honor the Father ( Creator ) and the Mother ( God's invisible thoughts, which is our created existence).

In a sense yes but in another no and I think that anthropomorphising is likely the best.

See if this makes sense to you. Think of God as the ideal person which is what Jesus taught. Remember as well that many of the older Gods were depicted as androgynous.

The God or greatest ideal for an ant is an ant.
The God or greatest ideal for a lion is a lion.
The God or greatest ideal for a man would be a man.
That is how we are in the image of God as men and women. This follows natures plan.

There's more than one reason for it, some biblical. God, if It exists, is One. That was modified much later with the trinity, and beyond that we don't even know if God exists. If God is anything, if it is the greatest ideal, It is Truth, and there can be only One overriding Truth. if there were more than one, they would clash. God creating angels would be doing nothing different, they would just be part of It, part of It's omnipresence and omnipotence and omniscience.

Ants and lions don't have full self-awareness, which makes them innocent, and it's possession makes us morally aware--in the image of God. The drive to reproduce is part of the test of our integrity here in this natural, rational universe. Why would there be physical/gender sex in the Hereafter. The current movie Her deals with this question; first time I've ever called a movie my all time favorite. You might be one of the few who get it.

This is a natural, rational universe. Jesus had a human mother and a human father. If God exists, which I hope that It does, It can only watch. Any interaction would destroy our free will--the one and only purpose for the universe.

Well, there are two kinds of atheists. The hard atheists who "know" (somehow) that there is no God. Then there's the agnostic atheists who doubt, and still seek the Truth. I'm an agnostic-deist who doubts yet still seeks the Truth, and has hope.

If we seek comity in the world, reason must be at the wheel of the ship, with reasoned faith as the motive power, the engine. Faith is the necessary, positive, subjective emotions such as love, courage and integrity. With blind faith, reason is blind folded and keeps no course. Without reasoned faith, the ship is dead in the water. That's why reasoned spirituality is vitally important. People need to learn how to think, not emote whatever for irrational "reasons".

Last edited:
little man NEEDS TO LEARN HIS PLACE IN ALMIGHTY GOD'S CREATION. little man AS COMPARED TO ALMIGHTY GOD IS LESS THAN A GERM ON A WORM ON A GERM.

little man NEEDS TO LEARN HIS PLACE IN ALMIGHTY GOD'S CREATION. little man AS COMPARED TO ALMIGHTY GOD IS LESS THAN A GERM ON A WORM ON A GERM.

God went to a lot of trouble to create the universe to spawn self-aware creatures in a natural, rational environment. Got any reason why God did it?

Last edited:
GOD SAID LET US CREAT MAN IN OUR IMAGE(GOD THE FATHER,SON AND HOLYSPIRIT) GOD WANTS MAN TO LOVE HIM AS THEIR FATHER AS HE LOVE THEM AS sons!!!! God did not create robots!

God of the Paradox - YouTube

If God is Unfathomable - YouTube

Regards
DL
I think they had to say something, such as unfathomable and unknowable. Remember when the Bible was being written and rewritten, scientific investigation was not being encouraged. To much questioning was frowned upon and depending on the time could get you sent to hell.

I think they had to say something, such as unfathomable and unknowable. Remember when the Bible was being written and rewritten, scientific investigation was not being encouraged. To much questioning was frowned upon and depending on the time could get you sent to hell.

It doesn't sound like you think the Bible is the inspired word of God. So some people do put 2000 years of history, unsubstantiated hearsay and knowledge to good use, instead of working harder and harder as time goes by trying to keep fitting that square peg into the round hole.

Forum List

Back