Do you really think Trump will get removed before his term is over?

Not a chance in hell. This was just for the history books.
It would still be useful to ban Trump from public office.

Trump still has plenty of time to do something stupid.
So you ban him from public office. He has 3 adult children ready to step up
The only reason to ban him from public office is fear that he would win again. Since the only office he'd even be interested in is POTUS and he couldn't run for another 4 years, he won't even do it. They are that afraid of him.
Everyone should be afraid of such a traitorous, incompetent fuckup in office again

You'd think, then you people went ahead and "elected" a worse one.

I don't.

The Senate will probably stall and not even bring it up.

On the other hand, I think if there is some takeover of govt. buildings in any of the states or D.C., or some violence, the chances of Trump getting removed, either by impeachment or the 25th, will increase by a lot.

Discuss.

I think the Senate won't deal with it and it will get held over for the next few months.
For what purpose?

Unless the democrats do something to stop him Trump will run in 2024 and win. That's the fear. They know that unless they stop him Trump will win. If the communists stop him it will be President Don Jr.

If only they would present all this evidence in court where it counts. Gosh darn it. :auiqs.jpg:

I would think someone like yourself would gloat over cheating. I would be disappointed if you didn't. You are toxic.

I strongly dislike cheaters and liars. One of the reasons I voted Dumps incompetent ass out of office.

So you believe Joe Biden is an honest man?

Try to answer without mentioning Trump.

I don't.

On the other hand, I think if there is some takeover of govt. buildings in any of the states or D.C., or some violence, the chances of Trump getting removed, either by impeachment or the 25th, will increase by a lot.

Discuss.

As long as no other criminal activity goes on he leaves on January 20th 2021...

Now the question to you is will the Senate convict him to keep him from running for President in 2024?

I don't.

Discuss.

As long as no other criminal activity goes on he leaves on January 20th 2021...

Now the question to you is will the Senate convict him to keep him from running for President in 2024?
The reason being fear that if he ran he would win. Communists hate the vote. They really do.

Unless the democrats do something to stop him Trump will run in 2024 and win. That's the fear. They know that unless they stop him Trump will win. If the communists stop him it will be President Don Jr.
Think about what you are fearing, he is no spring chicken he would have done good to make it to 2024. Your fears are unfounded. Get a grip on reality and worry more about what happens when they install Kamala as the 46th.

I don't see it. The Republicans in the Senate aren't interested in alienating Trump supporters. Further, after next Wednesday, Trump is no longer in office- why pick a fight with him?

Seriuosly
There's no way Trump will be removed before his term ends.

However, if Schumer is smart, they'll remove the 10 Senators that started the objection to the Electoral vote count first.

That will reduce the Senate to 90 Senators - only 60 (i.e. 10 Republicans) will be needed to find Trump guilty of the Impeachment charges,

Once he's found guilty he can no longer hold office again, and he loses all benefits of being a former President.

But what's better is that if he's found guilty, it will force the DOJ to press criminal charges against him and be substantial in convincing the courts that he's criminally guilty. Then he goes to prison - where he belongs!

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

If the 2/3rds finds him guilty then the Senate would need to do a separate to decide if he could office again. That vote would take a simple majority. The DOJ is not forced to do anything, although they can pursue criminal charges if they wish.

No, the Constitution states that he will not be allowed to hold office - if he's found guilty. The separate vote to bar him from office is only if he's found innocent.

Yup, it's up to the DOJ to choose whether to charge him criminally...but if he's found guilty in the Senate, it's unlikely that the DOJ won't charge him

Then show me where in the Constitution that a guilty conviction on impeachment means you can't serve again?

Here is what I found on the subject and it follows other articles on the subject.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/impeachment-could-ban-trump-2024-run.html
FTA: Senate rules provide that such a ban may be enacted by a simple majority vote after two-thirds of the Senate has voted for conviction in an impeachment trial. It has never happened to a president before because none has been convicted. But is is clearly a penalty severable from the primary sanction of removal from office.

Seriously? You should at least try a little research before you challenge other people posts!

It's in Article 1 Section 3:

" Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States "

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Seriuosly
There's no way Trump will be removed before his term ends.

However, if Schumer is smart, they'll remove the 10 Senators that started the objection to the Electoral vote count first.

That will reduce the Senate to 90 Senators - only 60 (i.e. 10 Republicans) will be needed to find Trump guilty of the Impeachment charges,

Once he's found guilty he can no longer hold office again, and he loses all benefits of being a former President.

But what's better is that if he's found guilty, it will force the DOJ to press criminal charges against him and be substantial in convincing the courts that he's criminally guilty. Then he goes to prison - where he belongs!

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

If the 2/3rds finds him guilty then the Senate would need to do a separate to decide if he could office again. That vote would take a simple majority. The DOJ is not forced to do anything, although they can pursue criminal charges if they wish.

No, the Constitution states that he will not be allowed to hold office - if he's found guilty. The separate vote to bar him from office is only if he's found innocent.

Yup, it's up to the DOJ to choose whether to charge him criminally...but if he's found guilty in the Senate, it's unlikely that the DOJ won't charge him

Then show me where in the Constitution that a guilty conviction on impeachment means you can't serve again?

Here is what I found on the subject and it follows other articles on the subject.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/impeachment-could-ban-trump-2024-run.html
FTA: Senate rules provide that such a ban may be enacted by a simple majority vote after two-thirds of the Senate has voted for conviction in an impeachment trial. It has never happened to a president before because none has been convicted. But is is clearly a penalty severable from the primary sanction of removal from office.

Seriously? You should at least try a little research before you challenge other people posts!

It's in Article 1 Section 3:

" Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States "

It does not say both are included in the same vote.
Seriously, you should research the procedures.

From the web page: The Constitution requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate to convict, and the penalty for an impeached official upon conviction is removal from office. In some cases, the Senate has also disqualified such officials from holding public offices in the future.

Forum List

Back