Do you really think Trump will get removed before his term is over?

Not a chance in hell. This was just for the history books.
It would still be useful to ban Trump from public office.

Trump still has plenty of time to do something stupid.
So you ban him from public office. He has 3 adult children ready to step up
The only reason to ban him from public office is fear that he would win again. Since the only office he'd even be interested in is POTUS and he couldn't run for another 4 years, he won't even do it. They are that afraid of him.
Everyone should be afraid of such a traitorous, incompetent fuckup in office again

Why should I be afraid of him? He's produced more than I expected. Promises made, promised kept.
He's killed over 320,000 Americans and almost destroyed the country. That must be why you voted for him.

That's bullshit and you know it. Don't try to play that stupid game with me, ok fuckstick? What the fuck are you anyway? A CHICOM apologist? You know goddamned well the virus came from China, not Trump. There would have been far more deaths if he hadn't taken the actions he did.

Gawd, you people are fuckin' stupid. How the hell do you even breathe without someone pushing on your chest?

Nope. But it doesn't matter. Stick a fork in him. He's done. Legally, financially, politically. He and his entire family's name is shortly going to be radioactive.
Someone will find a way to make money off this. Probably Dump himself.
I can actually see him becoming the new Del Webb and developing Trac Housing for White Seniors with lots of cheesy bingo and blackjack, along with the obligatory golfing
Oh, please NO! I'm getting on to senior status, but I don't plan on that. My ex was totally addicted to golf. I used to tell him that if I wanted to chase little white balls, I could think of more interesting ways to do it that did not involve watching the grass grow.

No insurrection inspired by Trump
1610580462295.png

I don't.

The Senate will probably stall and not even bring it up.

On the other hand, I think if there is some takeover of govt. buildings in any of the states or D.C., or some violence, the chances of Trump getting removed, either by impeachment or the 25th, will increase by a lot.

Discuss.
They will do the Senate later on.
They might want to but they can't.

I don't.

On the other hand, I think if there is some takeover of govt. buildings in any of the states or D.C., or some violence, the chances of Trump getting removed, either by impeachment or the 25th, will increase by a lot.

Discuss.

NO

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

If only they would present all this evidence in court where it counts. Gosh darn it. :auiqs.jpg:

I would think someone like yourself would gloat over cheating. I would be disappointed if you didn't. You are toxic.

I strongly dislike cheaters and liars. One of the reasons I voted Dumps incompetent ass out of office.

You need to look in the mirror you are both of those things.

I don't.

Discuss.
They are going to do it hours before-----they don't want Trump to be able to run again---but to do it too soon invites time to fight back.

There's no way Trump will be removed before his term ends.

However, if Schumer is smart, they'll remove the 10 Senators that started the objection to the Electoral vote count first.

That will reduce the Senate to 90 Senators - only 60 (i.e. 10 Republicans) will be needed to find Trump guilty of the Impeachment charges,

Once he's found guilty he can no longer hold office again, and he loses all benefits of being a former President.

But what's better is that if he's found guilty, it will force the DOJ to press criminal charges against him and be substantial in convincing the courts that he's criminally guilty. Then he goes to prison - where he belongs!

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

I don't.

Discuss.

I think the Senate won't deal with it and it will get held over for the next few months.

However, if Schumer is smart, they'll remove the 10 Senators that started the objection to the Electoral vote count first.

That will reduce the Senate to 90 Senators - only 60 (i.e. 10 Republicans) will be needed to find Trump guilty of the Impeachment charges,

Once he's found guilty he can no longer hold office again, and he loses all benefits of being a former President.

But what's better is that if he's found guilty, it will force the DOJ to press criminal charges against him and be substantial in convincing the courts that he's criminally guilty. Then he goes to prison - where he belongs!

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

If the 2/3rds finds him guilty then the Senate would need to do a separate to decide if he could office again. That vote would take a simple majority. The DOJ is not forced to do anything, although they can pursue criminal charges if they wish.

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

If the 2/3rds finds him guilty then the Senate would need to do a separate to decide if he could office again. That vote would take a simple majority. The DOJ is not forced to do anything, although they can pursue criminal charges if they wish.

No, the Constitution states that he will not be allowed to hold office - if he's found guilty. The separate vote to bar him from office is only if he's found innocent.

Yup, it's up to the DOJ to choose whether to charge him criminally...but if he's found guilty in the Senate, it's unlikely that the DOJ won't charge him

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

No, the Constitution states that he will not be allowed to hold office - if he's found guilty. The separate vote to bar him from office is only if he's found innocent.

Yup, it's up to the DOJ to choose whether to charge him criminally...but if he's found guilty in the Senate, it's unlikely that the DOJ won't charge him

Then show me where in the Constitution that a guilty conviction on impeachment means you can't serve again?

Here is what I found on the subject and it follows other articles on the subject.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/impeachment-could-ban-trump-2024-run.html
FTA: Senate rules provide that such a ban may be enacted by a simple majority vote after two-thirds of the Senate has voted for conviction in an impeachment trial. It has never happened to a president before because none has been convicted. But is is clearly a penalty severable from the primary sanction of removal from office.

Forum List

Back