Do you realize that the USA is a corporate country run by corporations?

If it makes us a wealthier and stronger country with a higher standard of living, who cares?
Certainly not you but some like their elected leaders to be loyal to The People rather rather than the biggest donor.
Sort of like "The People's Republic of China"?
No, " The United States of America" where we forgot that we used to hate big corporations buying the government and using it further their own narrow purposes.

You have it backwards. Our government is taking over the corporations and using them against the people to empower themselves. My point about "The People's Republic of China" is that simply using the word "people" does not necessarily mean that anything is being done for the people.

No dood-- YOU have it backward.
"Government taking over corporations"?? With what? Monopoly money?
rofl.gif

Not sure what kind of substance you have to sniff to come up with a turd like that...

This is one corporation alone

monsanto-in-government1.jpg

taylorsplash.jpg

-- somebody had a much better corporate tentacles chart but I've misplaced it...

If it makes us a wealthier and stronger country with a higher standard of living, who cares?
Certainly not you but some like their elected leaders to be loyal to The People rather rather than the biggest donor.
No, " The United States of America" where we forgot that we used to hate big corporations buying the government and using it further their own narrow purposes.

You have it backwards. Our government is taking over the corporations and using them against the people to empower themselves. My point about "The People's Republic of China" is that simply using the word "people" does not necessarily mean that anything is being done for the people.

rofl.gif

Not sure what kind of substance you have to sniff to come up with a turd like that...

taylorsplash.jpg

-- somebody had a much better corporate tentacles chart but I've misplaced it...
Ever heard of General Motors? How about the entire healthcare industry? I didn't think so.

rofl.gif

taylorsplash.jpg

Ever heard of General Motors? How about the entire healthcare industry? I didn't think so.

Got one in my driveway and another as a client.

Dafuck's your point? :cuckoo:

rofl.gif

taylorsplash.jpg

The same old false equivalency tap dance.

Now Laissez-faire equates to welfare?

What this country needs is a better program of teaching the value and definitions of words and terms.

Republicans trust those with a profit motive more than those we elect into office.

The essential problem is that our political and social unit is 310 million. Human dignity doesn't scale.
The limit of our freedom is about 120 people - a tribe. Once you get beyond that, power is concentrated beyond anyone's ability to effectively resist.

Republicans trust those with a profit motive more than those we elect into office.

As well they should, those with a profit motive only want our business while those we elect into office want to be all up in our business and to take our money by force.

rofl.gif

taylorsplash.jpg

Examples of government taking over private enterprise, stupid.

As long as they're regulated I believe corporations add great wealth to our society. Loserterians live within a world of tiny little stores at the street corner within a Somalia like America.

I don't think most people even comprehend Libertarianism. Libertarianism embraces corporatist interests, because it is an expression of individual liberty and property ownership. If you build a company that becomes so large it can influence government policy with a flick of it's pinky, then that's a measure of your personal success and you exercising your freedom to do what you want with your personal property.

End welfare. Starting with corporate welfare. (Laissez-faire)

Separation of church and State was a smashing success. Have separation of economy and State and get the same success for the same reason.

Well put.
But laissez-faire had nothing to do with corporate welfare. Laissez-faire was about whether the govt could regulate economic behavior with things such as child labor law or food safety. We've always had corporate welfare to some extent or another. Even the fur trade was corporate welfare that enriched the European elite. In the colonial north east, we subsidized infrastructure such as roads and mills. Legal slavery in the south was corporate welfare at its finest. We utilized law to commit genocide in various African countries.

What we did have in the US, until quite recently, was a legal theory that govt could limit the amount of money that could be contributed to political campaigns. Hillary Clinton, for all her veils of secrecy, is the one politician who can outraise Jeb Bush, and who will revamp the supreme court to reestablish regulation of campaign contributions. We are, imo, tetering on the edge of becoming a total plutocracy. And, yes, imo there is a conspiracy to destroy her nascent campaign, and that is one reason for her obsession with secrecy.

The stupidity in republicans keep them from acknowledging the truth of the OP. Republican leaders have their base convinced that government is what's evil rather than what's in front of their eyes.

Forum List

Back