Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it.

I can do it here a little... but, to be honest, I don't care how your day is or if you feel bad.
If it's not interesting or entertaining to me, I'm bored and won't pretend to be interested.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could care less.....

It's something you have to learn. Yeah, it's kind of stupid but if you don't do it the gossip mill fires up and says you're anti-social. A little bit of effort goes a long way sometimes.

I don't give a fuck if people like me or what they say. No problem there

I don't believe you. You spend an awful lot of time asking questions of others to claim that you don't care.

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

I hate idle chit chat conversations and I do not seek out people to talk to and if no one has a conversation while I am at a wedding or Christmas Party the better...
What do you hate about idle chit chat? Why dont you seek out people to talk to?

I am anti-social and really do not care for knowing how the kids are... I know that come off rude but that is how I am...

I hate it.

I can do it here a little... but, to be honest, I don't care how your day is or if you feel bad.
If it's not interesting or entertaining to me, I'm bored and won't pretend to be interested.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could NOT care less.....
A mentor of mine would tell you that you have probably pricked many people with a pin if you feel like that

I'm not going to pretend to care or be interested. Why? That's like lying!
Its a small lie to make them feel better. Plus if its too boring you can steer the conversation elsewhere.

I hate it.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could care less.....

It's something you have to learn. Yeah, it's kind of stupid but if you don't do it the gossip mill fires up and says you're anti-social. A little bit of effort goes a long way sometimes.

I don't believe you. You spend an awful lot of time asking questions of others to claim that you don't care.

I'm nosey. I do it strictly for selfish purposes. I want to talk to people about things *I* want to talk about.
I DO care how they think, cause I'm curious what makes them tick. I want to understand what makes us different.
that's different from caring.

I hate it.

I have no clue what to say to people either in a social setting. Hey! How are you? what you been up to. Really? I could NOT care less.....
A mentor of mine would tell you that you have probably pricked many people with a pin if you feel like that

Its a small lie to make them feel better. Plus if its too boring you can steer the conversation elsewhere.

If I'm OK not talking it's really not an issue. People should be more... what do the liberals say... non judgmental

I hate it.

I'm nosey. I do it strictly for selfish purposes. I want to talk to people about things *I* want to talk about.
I DO care how they think, cause I'm curious what makes them tick. I want to understand what makes us different.

No it's not. It's exactly the same thing as caring...in fact it is caring.

I hate it.

Bingo. This is actually the secret to talking to people. I could find out a lot about you because most people have an instinctual need to talk about themselves and things they find interesting.

why do I want to make anyone feel better?
no one goes out of their way to make me feel better?
why should I ALWAYS have to be the one to initiate?

I hate it.

If I'm OK not talking it's really not an issue. People should be more... what do the liberals say... non judgmental
That would never happen. Everyone is judgmental. Thats a particular trait that allowed humans to evolve and survive.

I hate it.

Well, my day is so-so. It may going to rain today. I feel quite well, nothing extreme. So, how is your day going? Are things OK so far?

I hate it.

Well, my day is so-so. It may going to rain today. I feel quite well, nothing extreme. So, how is your day going? Are things OK so far?

That traffic is a bitch, ain't it?

why do I want to make anyone feel better?
no one goes out of their way to make me feel better?
why should I ALWAYS have to be the one to initiate?
Because you are human. You are a social animal. Sometimes it is ok not to talk and not initiate but when someone does talk its on you to make sure it goes as well as it can.

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?
upload_2016-2-4_13-7-30.png

I'm autistic, so small talk isn't exactly my forte. My conversations are usually like...

So... how about them Steeelers?

What about them?

I hope you get AIDS.

I hate it.

No it's not. It's exactly the same thing as caring...in fact it is caring.

Only if it's deep and personal. I don't care how many purses or shoes someone owns, if they got a new car, I want to know about THEM and their DEEP FEELINGS and issues... I give two shits where their kids go to school etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back