Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have a good weekend? yeah, yeah, yeah...good for you!
I always hated on Monday mornings when people asked: "How was your weekend?" I always thought; "How the fuck you think it was? I wasn't working with idiots like you."

How about when people ask you on Friday what you're going to do on the weekend. I always lied just in case they were planning on showing up uninvited.

Depends on the person and my mood and what the idle chitchat consists of.

exactly! if it's interesting to you. so many people pretend to be interested in what others are saying, just waiting for THEIR turn to talk..... it's bullshit
Never talk talk about yourself except in response to obvious questions and no longer than 10 seconds.
Let me talk about my grandchildren.

exactly! if it's interesting to you. so many people pretend to be interested in what others are saying, just waiting for THEIR turn to talk..... it's bullshit
Never talk talk about yourself except in response to obvious questions and no longer than 10 seconds.

Oh God NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please don't show me pictures.

Thats always a good subject to talk about with strangers that are older. They usually are very proud of their children and grand children.

Thats always a good subject to talk about with strangers that are older. They usually are very proud of their children and grand children.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

I'm a substance guy.. I get easily bored by fluff. Talking about family isn't usually fluff. But it is when it becomes bragging about your kids or job. I'm interested. But I'd rather be talking about "alternative energy" or the massive Fed debt or something that might kill us all...

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

I'm a substance guy.. I get easily bored by fluff. Talking about family isn't usually fluff. But it is when it becomes bragging about your kids or job. I'm interested. But I'd rather be talking about "alternative energy" or the massive Fed debt or something that might kill us all...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh God NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please don't show me pictures.
upload_2016-2-4_13-21-21.png
upload_2016-2-4_13-21-47.png
upload_2016-2-4_13-22-7.png
upload_2016-2-4_13-22-53.png

Do you know how much information I can get on a person by talking about their children? Thats a universal gateway topic to get closer to people.

Do you know how much information I can get on a person by talking about their children? Thats a universal gateway topic to get closer to people.

Work for it? no.... just come out with it.. I'm not into games and working people.
I'm an instant gratification gal.

Work for it? no.... just come out with it.. I'm not into games and working people.
I'm an instant gratification gal.
People arent built like that for the most part. You cant ask someone to tell you their life story directly without them getting suspicious or thinking you are a weirdo.

Look who showed up! So much for fun...bye....

can't you just ignore? you are such a pussy
I don't feel like listening narcissistic bullshit right now. I have nobody on ignore. I just leave and come back later, yes I could skip some posts and when people lose their shit and do a meltdown it is actually funny and I laugh my ass off. I just don't feel like it today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back