Do you have a very high IQ. ??

Again, it is understanding human intelligence that is the problem. Being an adequate person is not directly related to i.q., at least not from above about 60. Those under 100 are easily exploited and we should take steps to keep that from happening.
One thing to keep in mind is a sense of perspective. If we accept the estimation that a chimp might have a 40 i.q. and that the average human is around 100, then we should recognize that the highest measure in our species is more than twice above human average than the average human is above a chimp. Imagine living in a world where all those around you were so incapable of comprehending what for you was simple! We can understand the contempt a poorly formed personality could develop. This is another reason we need to better integrate what we know about testing and how it relates to life.

I honestly don't know where I'm at. Are there questions online anywhere that I can try to answer in order to get a better idea?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Not really. The on line IQ tests are a scam. But there are a lot of them if you want to take one. It just can't be compared to one given in a controlled setting and scored by trained psychologists.
Thank you. The sad thing is that every test on the face of this planet could be a scam. With there being so much cheating and dishonesty in this world for whatever reason, who's word is truly worth the flying with?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

While in college I failed the Mensa test. But I made $15,000 selling "copies" of the test to those hungering for the prestige that goes with passing it. 90% of them failed. But just shy of 8% passed! The other 2%?

They lost them on the way home from the party.

I'll never know if I would have passed the test had I not spent so much time how to format genuine-looking "copies".

(tall story but I'm seeking to feed my inner liberal/liar out of boredom today)

While in college I failed the Mensa test. But I made $15,000 selling "copies" of the test to those hungering for the prestige that goes with passing it. 90% of them failed. But just shy of 8% passed! The other 2%?

They lost them on the way home from the party.

I'll never know if I would have passed the test had I not spent so much time how to format genuine-looking "copies".

(tall story but I'm seeking to feed my inner liberal/liar out of boredom today)
It's not something you pass or fail.

I mean it was tested by a real psychologist or teacher . You look at abstract things like math or science and it’s just easy and logical .
Maybe you grew up poor and never had a chance to go to college ?
You can watch ytube videos and put things together?

Clearly I don’t have a High IQ or I would not be dying away at a franchise in Vegas

Do you ??
My aunts first husband's iq was off the chart----to high for them to test his iq fully at the time. You assume that because he was super smart that he was super successful and didn't do stupid stupid things you would be wrong.

He didn't have much money when married to my aunt although later in life he did become an overpaid prick college professor and crappy father. Before he made it this far though, he largely spent his time committing petty stupid crimes--his choice of stupid crime? Smuggling parrots and other birds in from south america and Mexico. He had all this brain power---but just couldn't make himself do the right more productive things with his "gift."
A lot of the very book smart people I know had absolutely no common sense, Makes it hard to get along in life that way

I mean it was tested by a real psychologist or teacher . You look at abstract things like math or science and it’s just easy and logical .

Clearly I don’t have a High IQ or I would not be dying away at a franchise in Vegas

Do you ??
Probly not. I've never felt the need to check.

I do know the are some dumb-ass mother-fuckers here who claim to be on par with Einstein, though.

Do you ??
A high IQ does not guarantee success. It can sometimes hinder it. Many high IQ people have trouble relating to other people and end up isolated and depressed. Some end up insane and paranoid.

The highest i.q. sociopaths are the ones who have always run things.
High intelligence doesn't assure "niceness", happiness or "success", but to attain positions of power does, with very rare exceptions, require higher intelligence.

On the other hand, sociopaths, on average, score lower on IQ tests.

Last edited:
Last "real one" I took was 163 or something. I can build anything, out of any material, any way you you'd like to have it.
You done for then there is the issue of contamination and making isoLSD. Also a way things can go terribly wrong. Add in it is a distillation process of over six months you have time component causing a much higher opportunity for mistake. The shit has to be watched every second of the process. Of course these things are illegal and I would never actually attempt them I have read over the process and am confident I could complete the task.
I honestly don't know where I'm at. Are there questions online anywhere that I can try to answer in order to get a better idea?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yes go to MENSA website.

My IQ has never officially been tested. I would guess that it’s above average.

I spent my high school years in College Prep and Advanced classes for all four core subjects (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies). Yet I was an average student... 152 of 317 in my graduating class with a roughly 2.6 GPA.

I went off to a college that was run more like a trade school and had a 3.05 GPA when I got my Associate Degree in CADD. I’ve spent the last quarter century doing CAD and GIS design work for two structural/architectural design firms and a large electric utility company.

None of that sounds very extraordinary, does it? Now you have to realize that I’ve done all that with a neurological condition which leaves most people unable to graduate high school or live on their own... Sturge-Weber Syndrome.

Geddy Lee can play 2 keyboards, 2 basses, foot pedal organ, sing complex lyrics and fart at the same time.
1618184976618.png

Last edited:
IQ testing great and wonderful but if you lack common sense to apply it then it is worthless as can be!

I can write with both hands...
Not that it is at all a sign of intelligence, but I have noticed that my left hand can write in reverse (in English). It doesn't take much effort and also doesn't serve much of a purpose. Must be some innate brain arrangement.
Fascinating! I just tried it (as a majorly dominate rightie, who has to make a concentrated effort to do more things using my left hand) and was able to write in cursive as you described...backward using my left hand, and almost as well as my right handwriting particularly considering I've had zero practice. Awesome! I'll check later to see if family members. Having both lefties and righties in the house, I can see if there are any differences between left versus right dominate completing this task.

As far as IQ goes...well, it's very nice to have one...but give me a choice for a worker, student, selecting a classmate to work on joint project, any team project for that matter....and I will first look for an positive attitude, a good track record demonstrating perseverance, and the ability to work well with limited to no guidance. A self-motivated person...in other words, goes a lot farther than most. I can think of numerous instances when it's easy to tell which employee will "get ahead" in various fields. I'm not referencing any type of brown-nosing btw, but the type of person you will often find at the computer at 2:00 a.m. researching and working hard well in advance of any upcoming deadline.

True that an IQ matters, particularly when we're talking "extremes", and most occupations require successful bosses and employees to have reasoning skills, spacial abilities, and usually some specialty area of expertise, but you can still find a person with a very high IQ within that clusture of employees who is not motivated (likely bored), unenthused about anything below a high mental threshold of interest, and their high IQ basically goes to "waste"...mostly by their own lack of motivation to find what does motivate them.

Hats off to all high IQers! "A score of 116 or more is considered above average. A score of 130 or higher signals a high IQ. Membership in Mensa, the High IQ society, includes people who score in the top 2 percent, which is usually 132 or higher."

Wow LikkeeMe, 168 is crazy high! I have a cousin who has a similar one...she pretty much runs things whereever she travels in her job. She is married to her current career and, alas, recently divorced. She's a creative planner so that seems to match with your ability and drive to build/fix things and create.

Last edited:
Again, it is understanding human intelligence that is the problem. Being an adequate person is not directly related to i.q., at least not from above about 60. Those under 100 are easily exploited and we should take steps to keep that from happening.
One thing to keep in mind is a sense of perspective. If we accept the estimation that a chimp might have a 40 i.q. and that the average human is around 100, then we should recognize that the highest measure in our species is more than twice above human average than the average human is above a chimp. Imagine living in a world where all those around you were so incapable of comprehending what for you was simple! We can understand the contempt a poorly formed personality could develop. This is another reason we need to better integrate what we know about testing and how it relates to life.
I found this to be an interesting breakdown among the states. I am only adding this as it supports that 100 IQ remains around average in the states. I read that 105 was the average IQ in Japan and China recently in a different article, but this one is still worth a look for anyone who is interested.

My IQ has never officially been tested. I would guess that it’s above average.

I spent my high school years in College Prep and Advanced classes for all four core subjects (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies). Yet I was an average student... 152 of 317 in my graduating class with a roughly 2.6 GPA.

I went off to a college that was run more like a trade school and had a 3.05 GPA when I got my Associate Degree in CADD. I’ve spent the last quarter century doing CAD and GIS design work for two structural/architectural design firms and a large electric utility company.

None of that sounds very extraordinary, does it? Now you have to realize that I’ve done all that with a neurological condition which leaves most people unable to graduate high school or live on their own... Sturge-Weber Syndrome.

Good for you.

I found this to be an interesting breakdown among the states. I am only adding this as it supports that 100 IQ remains around average in the states. I read that 105 was the average IQ in Japan and China recently in a different article, but this one is still worth a look for anyone who is interested.
A pretty significant drop from Massachusetts -104.3 to Mississippi - 94.2.

Forum List

Back