Do you have a very high IQ. ??

I mean it was tested by a real psychologist or teacher . You look at abstract things like math or science and itā€™s just easy and logical .
Maybe you grew up poor and never had a chance to go to college ?
You can watch ytube videos and put things together?

Clearly I donā€™t have a High IQ or I would not be dying away at a franchise in Vegas

Do you ??
I grew up poor but went to college and graduated...but now you cant go to college cause the government put a lot of money out there and colleges raised tuition to cash in...thanks for not a dam thing big brother
You didn't study economics in college that is for sure.

I honestly don't know where I'm at. Are there questions online anywhere that I can try to answer in order to get a better idea?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I honestly don't know where I'm at. Are there questions online anywhere that I can try to answer in order to get a better idea?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Not really. The on line IQ tests are a scam. But there are a lot of them if you want to take one. It just can't be compared to one given in a controlled setting and scored by trained psychologists.

I mean it was tested by a real psychologist or teacher . You look at abstract things like math or science and itā€™s just easy and logical .

Clearly I donā€™t have a High IQ or I would not be dying away at a franchise in Vegas

Do you ??
IQ doesn't predict life success. It only predicts success academically, like college and that.

The highest i.q. sociopaths are the ones who have always run things.
High intelligence doesn't assure "niceness", happiness or "success", but to attain positions of power does, with very rare exceptions, require higher intelligence.

Do you ??

I think IQ is overrated.

I don't know how smart I am. I know that I have a massive concentration problem which gets in the way of being smart. If you can't learn stuff easily, you can't process massive amounts of data, people are going to think you're not smart.

But then you learn that "smart" means lots of things in different situations.

Do you ??

I think IQ is overrated.

I don't know how smart I am. I know that I have a massive concentration problem which gets in the way of being smart. If you can't learn stuff easily, you can't process massive amounts of data, people are going to think you're not smart.

Not so much "overrated" as not properly understood and employed to help, rather than merely categorize, people. The gifted must be encouraged and channeled, the lesser protected from the 'gifted'. Above all, we need to defend against the worst emerging in the "best".

Do you ??

I think IQ is overrated.

Not so much "overrated" as not properly understood and employed to help, rather than merely categorize, people. The gifted must be encouraged and channeled, the lesser protected from the 'gifted'. Above all, we need to defend against the worst emerging in the "best".

Sure. I think for everyone at school we need to find out what their best is. What direction would best suit them.

Should they go off to a technical school and study building, design, computer programming or something like that? Should they go to an academic type school? Should they learn languages?

Also what skills do they need? What skills will the average worker need in the future? What skills will the elite need?

There's a lot that should be done, but because education is run by politicians, it doesn't get done because they can't be bothered to think about 20 years time (unlike China)

Do you ??

I think IQ is overrated.

Sure. I think for everyone at school we need to find out what their best is. What direction would best suit them.

Should they go off to a technical school and study building, design, computer programming or something like that? Should they go to an academic type school? Should they learn languages?

Also what skills do they need? What skills will the average worker need in the future? What skills will the elite need?

There's a lot that should be done, but because education is run by politicians, it doesn't get done because they can't be bothered to think about 20 years time (unlike China)
Long term thinking is definitely in short supply here (US) on many issues. For one thing, we refuse to learn history's lessons. Added, and related, to that is the tendency to try to continue with ideas, programs, technology and practices that aren't serving us well. That is a sign of a lack of intelligence.

Do you ??

I think IQ is overrated.

Long term thinking is definitely in short supply here (US) on many issues. For one thing, we refuse to learn history's lessons. Added, and related, to that is the tendency to try to continue with ideas, programs, technology and practices that aren't serving us well. That is a sign of a lack of intelligence.

The US political system is awful.

A US president only needs to think 4 years ahead at most, and that's the day he gets into office. Once he's won re-election, what does he care?

That's why China is scary. Not only does it have a lot more people and a centralized government, but long term policies on everything.

That doesn't mean everything they do will work out well for them, they'll be making lots of mistakes because they don't have much oversight, but they'll be better prepared for the upcoming cold war than the US.

My niece said she had to attend Ice Cream College when she went to work after school at McDonald's.

IQ testing great and wonderful but if you lack common sense to apply it then it is worthless as can be!

I can write with both hands...
Not that it is at all a sign of intelligence, but I have noticed that my left hand can write in reverse (in English). It doesn't take much effort and also doesn't serve much of a purpose. Must be some innate brain arrangement.

IQ testing great and wonderful but if you lack common sense to apply it then it is worthless as can be!

I can write with both hands...
Not that it is at all a sign of intelligence, but I have noticed that my left hand can write in reverse (in English). It doesn't take much effort and also doesn't serve much of a purpose. Must be some innate brain arrangement.

I can also read backwards and upside down... I would creep the kids out while in class when I would stand and read what they were writing while standing in front of their desk...

Some people are born with different abilities and the OP mentioned the YouTube ability and I am one of those people...

I also can look at something and draw it from freehand with no issue...

Do you ??

As you know, the idea of IQs is very controversial.

I do not know my IQ, and I don't want to know.

I suspect that it is not too high.

In high school, I simply could not understand math & science. My teachers gave me a pity "C" so that I could graduate.

So I never belittle anyone else's intelligence, for I know that mine is not that hot, either.

Forum List

Back