Do You Believe Trump Will Be Convicted?

No...this is just a warning to other outsiders...don't even think about running....
This will boomerang on them too.

I'd wager that there are a ton of populist types right now considering running, under the idea of; "oh yeah?....just try to stop me".
Look at the approval numbers for Congress and Biden....lower every day....
Biden began his term in office with a higher job approval than Trump had at any point in his term in office.

This is interesting. I found this on Wiki, so it is what it is (emphasis mine):

A conviction at impeachment trial is not a punishment, and the consequences are limited to removal from office. A party removed by impeachment may then also be permanently disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States. If convicted and disqualified, the disqualification from public office only restricts the impeached party from serving within positions created under the Appointments Clause of the United States Constitution. Because the right of the States to choose the President is indefeasible, and because the Supreme Court has repeatedly explained that elected officials, such as the President, cannot be “officers of the United States."[39][40];” a party who is impeached, convicted, and disqualified from holding office who is otherwise legally eligible under Article II of the Constitution can still be legally elected as President, Vice President, or any other elected position within the United States.

I've not yet investigated the footnotes in that, but could the possibility exist that, even if convicted, Trump could still theoretically run and be elected?

A conviction at impeachment trial is not a punishment, and the consequences are limited to removal from office. A party removed by impeachment may then also be permanently disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States. If convicted and disqualified, the disqualification from public office only restricts the impeached party from serving within positions created under the Appointments Clause of the United States Constitution. Because the right of the States to choose the President is indefeasible, and because the Supreme Court has repeatedly explained that elected officials, such as the President, cannot be “officers of the United States."[39][40];” a party who is impeached, convicted, and disqualified from holding office who is otherwise legally eligible under Article II of the Constitution can still be legally elected as President, Vice President, or any other elected position within the United States.

I've not yet investigated the footnotes in that, but could the possibility exist that, even if convicted, Trump could still theoretically run and be elected?
He can be reelected as long as congress does not ban him from holding office after congress convicts him and voters are stupid enough to re-elect him, none of which is likely.

He can be reelected as long as congress does not ban him from holding office after congress convicts him and voters are stupid enough to re-elect him, none of which is likely.
Also, they could ban him from holding future office with only 51 votes.

He's not going to be convicted by the Senate. This is little more than democratic grandstanding, and the American people are sick of the democrat's antics...

Also, they could ban him from holding future office with only 51 votes.

Where is that written?

They can't punish him if they don't convict him, and a conviction is pretty far fetched...

Simple question: yes or no?
Convicted of what?

There are several criminal investigations afoot, particularly involving his financial improprieties, and screaming "Lock him up! Lock him up!" before there have been any indictments, prosecutions, and convictions is extremely deranged and thoroughly unAmerican behavior.

The justice system will take its course.

In the meantime, despite Trump's being dumped by the American People as soon as they had the chance, his dismal approval numbers, his distinction as the only twice-impeached president, and his having lost the GOP the House, the Executive, and the Senate in his one term, he is maintaining a modicum of pride in his achievements:

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 12.19.11 PM.png

"I’m very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2, Zoolander and Wall Street:
Money Never Sleeps; and television shows including The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,
Saturday Night Live, and of course, one of the most successful shows in television history,

The Apprentice – to name just a few!"

ORANGE IS THE NEW ORANGE?

Too soon to say.

Simple question: yes or no?
Convicted of what?

There are several criminal investigations afoot, particularly involving his financial improprieties, and screaming "Lock him up! Lock him up!" before there have been any indictments, prosecutions, and convictions is extremely deranged and thoroughly unAmerican behavior.

The justice system will take its course.

My apologies, I should've been clearer.

Do you think he will be convicted by the Senate in his impeachment trial?

My apologies, I should've been clearer.

Do you think he will be convicted by the Senate in his impeachment trial?
No, it'll be enough for some Senate Republicans that he has been banished by the American People, and all future prosecutions will be brought against the extremists he incited to attack the Capitol. If any of them then sue him, that's another matter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back