Do you believe that one day...

Do you believe there will be a time of world peace?

• Yes, but only in the Messianic age, as prophesied in the Bible.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, it will happen, without God.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, it's never going to happen, the world will always have wars, evil and division.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I really don't know.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
...there will be a time of true world peace? No more wars, violence or hateful division? I do. But not in this age, only in the age to come.

The reason this is on my mind is because I was listening to this beautiful, uplifting song, "One Day" by Matisyahu. This artist is not a Christian (I'm pretty sure he is Jewish, but don't quote me on that) but what he is hoping and praying for - a time of peace and harmony, no more evil - is prophesied in the bible, in both the old and new testaments.

I'm just curious to know if you too believe this time is coming. (I think I'll include a poll, why not.)

Check out this video, the song is sung in 3 languages, English, Arabic and Hebrew.

Last edited:
Skip to 2:15

I hadn't seen that before, he did a fantastic job, and I love the guitar.

I have mixed feelings about that song though. You probably can figure out why. :) The lyrics of that song fit in with the #2 option in the poll, which in my view is not possible, when you take human nature into consideration. But I can appreciate people's good intentions, wanting peace is a good thing.

No. Men will always kill each other to gain the right to mate with the most desirable women.

It is human nature.

Not to get off topic, but do you really think that is why men kill each other? lol

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and for voting in the poll.

Last edited:
bhouz.jpg
ESSENE WAY BIOGENIC LIVING PDF

Why did you share that? Anyway thanks for the link, when I have time I'm going to look at that video, I want to learn about the Essenes... that time period is interesting to me, and the different sects of Judaism.
Dunno. It's one of many reads I have in my library and goes along well with Jesus' "teachings", which were learning to correctly interpret the old testament.
The essenes are the chosen. NOT the dirt in current IsNtReal

Why did you share that? Anyway thanks for the link, when I have time I'm going to look at that video, I want to learn about the Essenes... that time period is interesting to me, and the different sects of Judaism.
Dunno. It's one of many reads I have in my library and goes along well with Jesus' "teachings", which were learning to correctly interpret the old testament.
The essenes are the chosen. NOT the dirt in current IsNtReal

I'm surprised to hear you say that. It's definitely an interesting topic to me. This might be controversial and I still have a lot to learn, but in the last couple years I have wondered if Jesus was an Essene... because for one thing, during the time of Jesus, there were 3 main sects of Judaism: the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes... and He spoke against of 2 out of those 3. There are other reasons too, but I shouldn't say too much, because as I said, I'm still digging into all of this... I have a lot of research to do.

Last edited:
Yeshua was the son of Yawey. I'm sure he approved of the essenes mentality of caring for the creation they had been given to sustain them.
Treat your study as an exercise program without obsession. Dedicate a little time per day or per week to get into it. The answer to all your questions becomes clear after the backhoe leaves and the flowers wilt ;)
Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds!

...there will be a time of true world peace? No more wars, violence or hateful division? I do. But not in this age, only in the age to come.

The reason this is on my mind is because I was listening to this beautiful, uplifting song, "One Day" by Matisyahu. This artist is not a Christian (I'm pretty sure he is Jewish, but don't quote me on that) but what he is hoping and praying for - a time of peace and harmony, no more evil - is prophesied in the bible, in both the old and new testaments.

I'm just curious to know if you too believe this time is coming. (I think I'll include a poll, why not.)

Check out this video, the song is sung in 3 languages, English, Arabic and Hebrew.

That's awesome... now if the Hebrews would give the Arabs their land back and go back to Europe where they came from, they might have peace.

World peace may come someday but only through personal revelation and not necessarily religious. In any case it will not be imposed by outside forces. Otherwise it would not be real peace.

I thought you were a Christian?

That's awesome... now if the Hebrews would give the Arabs their land back and go back to Europe where they came from, they might have peace.

There's so much wrong with that, on so many levels, but it's not the topic, so feel free to find one of those Israel vs Palestine threads, if that is what you want to talk about. Thanks.

World peace may come someday but only through personal revelation and not necessarily religious. In any case it will not be imposed by outside forces. Otherwise it would not be real peace.

The word revelation implies that something is being revealed. So personal revelation from who?

Forum List

Back