Do you believe that government programs will keep people from dying?

Do you believe Government programs can prevent people from dying

• Total voters
besides it being a really dumb question???

er... ok...

let's give the answer for the stupid people...

government programs don't keep people from dying.

they do, however, keep people alive longer and raise average mortality age. they also cut down on still borns and lost pregnancies... all good things.

or should we just pray for loaves and fishes?

link please?

you're right, things like WIC that nourish moms and kids don't do a thing for infant mortality.

and prior to social security, more than 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line.

medicare gives people medical care and ... get this... medicine... it keeps them alive.

now run along and be quiet.

you stated things as 'factual'.

I asked you to provide a link corroborating your statements.

If you can't prove what you said, just come right out and say it was hyperbole. No one will think any less of you.

Now you may leave. Class dismissed.

link please?

Public health advances have tacked on more than two decades to the average American lifespan over the last century.

You mean advancements in private medicine?

The private sector advanced medicine NOT the government...

Of course medical doctors want to help people - the government is a totally different entity..

The government wants to control the medical doctors that want to help the people...

The government hasn't done one fucking thing to advance medicine.. As a matter of fact they've done the opposite - they've used medicine to manufacture biological weaponry...

Of course the govt polio innocultaions did not save any lives, neither did the health departments, the FDA food and drug safety inspections, etc

umm, we ALL die in the end, with or without Government intervention, ERs, voodoo, Shaman, etc.

I once had a teacher tell me that no question is stupid. I pass this same moral on to my children, and to anyone who may state at the onset of a query..." This question probably sounds stupid...."

NO question is stupid.

Of course the govt polio innocultaions did not save any lives, neither did the health departments, the FDA food and drug safety inspections, etc

And who wants to buy all our "safe" food and products?

Oh yea that's right, countries in which a large minority of their livestock is infested with bot flies and diseases that can kill humans.

You think they regulate food to make sure you're alive??? (excluding Obama, he's doing it because hes a fucking authoritarian).

:lol:

Oh not to mention a good 20% of Americans still kill or grow their own meals.

Oh not to mention a good 20% of Americans still kill or grow their own meals.

I do not believe that number. link please.

It might be true that 20% of americans kill or grow some of their meals.

umm, we ALL die in the end, with or without Government intervention, ERs, voodoo, Shaman, etc.

I once had a teacher tell me that no question is stupid. I pass this same moral on to my children, and to anyone who may state at the onset of a query..." This question probably sounds stupid...."

NO question is stupid.

no.. some questions are stupid.

some answers are even moreso. congrats on being one of those.

link please?

Public health advances have tacked on more than two decades to the average American lifespan over the last century.

Of course medical doctors want to help people - the government is a totally different entity..

The government wants to control the medical doctors that want to help the people...

The government hasn't done one fucking thing to advance medicine.. As a matter of fact they've done the opposite - they've used medicine to manufacture biological weaponry...

actually GOVERNMENT pays for most of our medical research, including vaccines and cancer research. government runs the CDC and NIH.

if you really believe government doesn't advance medicine, you are woefully uninformed on this subject.

actually GOVERNMENT pays for most of our medical research, including vaccines and cancer research. government runs the CDC and NIH.

if you really believe government doesn't advance medicine, you are woefully uninformed on this subject.

And a lot of medical research is done at state universities.
Where most of our doctors are trained as well.

Im curious to see the responses.

Do you mean Govt programs like food and drug inspections?
Do you mean OSHA job safety programs?
Do you mean government programs like Social Security and Medicare?
Do you mean government programs like police and fire protection?

If you do, then my answer is YES

I mean public health. Widespread vaccination campaigns, motor-vehicle safety regs and campaigns, clean water, improved sanitation, safer workplaces, food safety, interventions for pregnant women and infants, and so on. Those things that have come to define first world nations.

"Do you believe that government programs will keep people from dying?"

Of course they do. Who ya gonna call when fire breaks out, or someone starts kicking your front door? Why would we spend so much on defense if it wasn't believed our military will protect our lives and property?

Of course the anti-government crowd will all echo "Nooooooooooo". The more I hear from the New Right (aka - Tea Party types) the more I believe that population is emotionally distrurbed.

"Do you believe that government programs will keep people from dying?"

Of course they do. Who ya gonna call when fire breaks out, or someone starts kicking your front door? Why would we spend so much on defense if it wasn't believed our military will protect our lives and property?

Of course the anti-government crowd will all echo "Nooooooooooo". The more I hear from the New Right (aka - Tea Party types) the more I believe that population is emotionally distrurbed.

Firemen can't save lives until they are on sence
Where are the firemen here?
6a00d8341c630a53ef014e8b86d919970d-600wi

Crowd lifts burning car off man: Eyewitness catches it on film - latimes.com

Mother waits 2 hours after spotting prowler, deputies stretched thin
Mother waits 2 hours after spotting prowler, deputies stretched thin | KREM.com Spokane

NO question is stupid.

no.. some questions are stupid.

some answers are even moreso. congrats on being one of those.

Thanks sweet cheeks!!

We are all entitled to our opinion.
I guess I need to let everyone now know that it is official:
Questions ARE stupid...must ring up the stupid teacher who taught me that stupid questions are not stupid!

Do you believe that government programs will keep people from dying?

You mean excluding such government programs as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Nutrition Programs, ObamaCare, etc...?

Forum List

Back