Do you believe our fiscal mess would have been different had McCain won?

I have to be honest....I don't.

I do believe it could have been different under Romney but that's water under the bridge at this point.

As a side note what terrible choices we've had for quite some time now. I really hope for new blood in BOTH parties.

I think it's possible.

We wouldn't have had O-care. So whatever actions (or inaction) were pursued in 2009, they would have had a better chance for positive effect.

Better chance that it would have been significantly better under Romney but McCain wouldn't have paralyzed us with O-care type legislation and the resulting hyper-regulation.

I do believe it could have been different under Romney but that's water under the bridge at this point.

As a side note what terrible choices we've had for quite some time now. I really hope for new blood in BOTH parties.

Lol, no. The only thing that separates the Republicans from the Democrats is a handful of social issues. I'm sad to say that the grand majority of Americans haven't yet realized this. Funny, no one seems to question why it's perfectly normal for Goldman Sachs to fund Obama one year and then Romney the next.

If the Republicans were concerned about being fiscally smart, we wouldn't have gone to war (for no reason, mind you) while at the same time drastically reducing the gov't's revenue stream.

Bomb bomb Iran.

Simp never met a corporate dollar he wouldn't blow someone to get.

The man is a tempest in a teabag.

So basically all you have is, "Because I say so." Gotchya...

Uh, no. Simp has a public record.

Instead of parroting nutball horseshit, go look at it.

To recap: Simp never met a corporate dollar he wouldn't blow someone to get. To ensure even the dimmest bulb gets part two, the man has some blowhard issues that could be related to his having the attention span of a shithouse rat.

I think we'd have Iran openly funding terrorists in malls, and we'd have bombed the crap out of them and have boots on the ground. So, the badness of Obamacare is sort of minor, and the only time McCain came near a banking crisis, he was in bed with the corrupt banker.

I think we'd have Iran openly funding terrorists in malls, and we'd have bombed the crap out of them and have boots on the ground. So, the badness of Obamacare is sort of minor, and the only time McCain came near a banking crisis, he was in bed with the corrupt banker.

Wasn't Obama given millions and millions of dollars in campaign contributions by the large banks in 2008, and hasn't Obama failed to prosecute a single Wall Street director, manager, exec (whatever) after 5 years of office despite the massive amounts of fraud leading up to the economic collapse?

I mean, he's great at prosecuting whistleblowers after all (best in history, actually), you'd think he'd prosecute an actual criminal once in awhile...

Aren't the banks still getting bailed out under 'quantitative easing' 5 years later (to the tune of tens of billions a month) under Obama?

Last edited:

Wasn't Obama given millions and millions of dollars in campaign contributions by the large banks in 2008, and hasn't Obama failed to prosecute a single Wall Street director, manager, exec (whatever) after 5 years of office despite the massive amounts of fraud leading up to the economic collapse?

I mean, he's great at prosecuting whistleblowers after all (best in history, actually), you'd think he'd prosecute an actual criminal once in awhile...

Aren't the banks still getting bailed out under 'quantitative easing' 5 years later (to the tune of tens of billions a month) under Obama?

Are you presuming that McCain, of the Keating 5, would be tough on corrupt bankers?

McCain's strong suit is not domestic policy, and frankly he's a little unhinged to put it mildly. And even I voted for him in 2000 ... but I think he was less unhinged then.

Are you presuming that McCain, of the Keating 5, would be tough on corrupt bankers?

McCain's strong suit is not domestic policy, and frankly he's a little unhinged to put it mildly. And even I voted for him in 2000 ... but I think he was less unhinged then.

Lol, definitely not. Just pointing out that Obama isn't much different.

It was the bail out that prevented recovery. Should have let those too big to fail idiots learn their lesson.

The mess would have been as bad or worse, but there would have been no ACA under McCain, and the Dems under Romney would not have permitted him to touch it.

There is no substabtial difference between McCain and Obama. They both follow the same foreign policy. They both follow the same fiscal policy.

he would have been hospitalized 2 years in for stress .....the guy was not only old but he had endured a lot when he was a POW.........he would not have been able to take the beating of being the President.....

We would still have an economic mess, but Republicans wouldn't care because the president would have an R beside his name. It doesn't matter if you're a Republican.

apparently it doesn't matter if your a Democrat either....

The truth is I don't think anyone would have changed it much.
There is a terrible reckoning coming.

as much as I dislike McCain slobbering over the MSM and his wanting them to like him here is what I do know HE WOULD NEVER SAY WHAT
Obama said:

1) "I'd like higher gas prices.." Well dummy we are getting them THANKS to your EPA adding 25 cents per gallon next year!

2) “Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket".

3)" So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can. it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"

4)Told Brazil.."we'll be your best [oil] customer".

5) "I favor single payer insurance".. meaning 1,400 insurance companies stop: paying $100 billion in Fed/state/local taxes as well as LOCAL property taxes.
400,000 employees let go collecting $6 billion in unemployment checks!

6) Since Obama NEVER was in the military he had NO problem saying our military methodically planned and executed "air raids on villages killing civilians" Obama did!

7) Obama still thinks there 46 million uninsured because HE doesn't evidently know that:
a) 10 million are not citizens but he counts them as Uninsured!
b) 14 million all they have to do is enroll but OBAMA counts them as uninsured.. why doesn't he just enroll them??? instead of counting them?
c) 18 million Obama WANTS to force buying health insurance THAT don't want it, can afford it (make over $50k!) and pay their own expenses out of pocket.

That means there are less the 4 million that if Obama/Congress hadn't taken $300 million in lawyers'donations the 4 million could be covered from a 10% tax on the $200 billion lawyers!
8) And for those of you that are in this category..
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters"

An analysis by Gallup earlier this year revealed that Mr. Obama has been the most polarizing occupant of the Oval Office in the past 60 years.
Obama's Fourth Year in Office Ties as Most Polarized Ever
EDITORIAL: Obama's gaffes not for laughs - Washington Times

So as much as I disliked McCain and I voted for him because he was the lesser of two evils.. McCain would NEVER make the above statements! Never!
McCain probably more then anyone else understands that the military depends on loyalty and Obama never understands that!
McCain knows the country runs on profits! He wouldn't diss businesses he'd praise them because I want someone like McCain would to explain how
the USA with our tremendous societal advances would have ever done it without private enterprise! Obama thinks the government did it all!

Do you believe our fiscal mess would have been different had McCain won?
Interesting question. I don't think there is an answer because McCain described the economy as "fundamentally sound" :)doubt:). So he would have focused on "bomb, bomb, bomb, , bomb Iran"! But maybe after that great idea, he may have thought about it when lines would of been a common thing at your favorite gas stop that would have been charging $10 a gallon. And that would be because the ME would be one big oil fire ball, thanks to Iraq sending missiles through out the ME's oil fields as promised.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back