Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Atheist

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Theist

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Hence in my opinion the goofy explanation: "It is turtles, turtles all the way down" is as good as anything anyone else has ever come up with.

I had to Google the turtle idea and I agree, it's really all you can say in the end, though we keep trying, ever hopeful, to understand more.

Sometimes the best way to express a very complex idea (like the futility of debating the existence of GOD) is to joke about it.

Why does it have to be created? Perhaps it has always been. I don't know the answer. I am just intrigued by abstract ideas within the realm of possibility.

I've checked out the scientific theories as well as the religious ones. None provide a definitive answer and concrete evidence. One question always leads to another no matter what you choose to believe or disbelieve.

ok, fair enough.. then why must i explain to thumpers what happened BEFORE the big bang then? perhaps it had always been, yes?

God is the creater. However God was not created, he has always been. He is the first, the last, the alpha and omaga. I know you all have a right to belive what you would like. But I do have a question for you, If, just If what the bible says is true, and there really is a God (as I do belive), And the result to your thinking of God being anything but the Lord our saviour, is forever being in the pit of hell, with pain like you have or will ever feel till that time, why would you chance that? If there is no God, then when I die, I wont no it any way. The pay off for beliving there is a God, is heaven. And if that is true, I will no that as well. Why take the chance with those odds and those being the results of the chance you take? Please tell me that.

WHY? Because life is worth living outside of the peramiters of your dogma. WHY is it that junkies get to assume their god always WAS while shrieking like banshees about an iota before the big bang?

oh, and this standardized little logical razor was tired ages ago. What if Dionysus is the real god, eh? look at what YOU get to loos out on because yu were wrong, right?

and, "payoff"? It's highly circumspect when ANY dogma has "payoff" carrot to dangle be it heaven, 72 virgins or any other goofy attempt to temp the flesh. thats not FAITH. That FEAR.

You have no abstract concepts do you? Think about this question for a minute or ten. IF God had to be created, what created the thing that created him? And then, what created the thing that created that? And.... well maybe you get the idea. And maybe you do not.

As for Science and the big bang? What created the materials needed to create the Big bang? Are you getting the idea yet?

indeed, so if CHRAISTIANS get to assume that their god "just was" then I guess you agree that the BIG BANG "just was"....

I voted other because I honestly do not feel any of the specific options accurately reflect my views on the subject. The best way I can sum up my feelings about the existence of God is that I am hopeful rather than faithful.

344094vncfa1r88m.gif

:lol:

:eusa_clap:

Oh, and non believers don't have to " deal with serious issues, with their own wayward thoughts and constantly be second guessing themselves, trying to determine the correct thing and decipher meaning from the world around them" ???? Non believers do it all without the help of imaginary friends.

Let that bigotry shine.
I never said that non-believers didn't have issues. I just said that to say that you're an idiot if you think religion or belief makes life "easier" for those who have it.

His spelling abilities deteriorate as his rage at Christians increases. You can actually see the spittle on his screen once he gets rolling.

That's probably true. I've never seen anyone preach disbelief with a level of conviction and anger rivaling that of the thumpiest of bible thumpers...and then Soggy came along...:eusa_whistle:

His spelling abilities deteriorate as his rage at Christians increases. You can actually see the spittle on his screen once he gets rolling.

jesus christ.. what is it with the spelling nazis? oh no0ez, I misspelled a word! :eek:

Why don't you offer me an answer, baba, instead of the bullshit? If YOU can just assume that your god WAS and WASNT himself created then why can't you accept the same for pre-bang logic?

the rest of you can take your shogun-envy and get your asses back in line.

God is the creater.

Prove it.

However God was not created, he has always been.

If this is possible, it is just as possible that existence was not created and has always been--no need for your God at all.

He is the first, the last, the alpha and omaga.

According to your mytholgy, sure--but what exactly is it that objectively and imperically sets your mythology apart from other mythologies such that yours is valid and the others are not?

I know you all have a right to belive what you would like. But I do have a question for you, If, just If what the bible says is true, and there really is a God (as I do belive), And the result to your thinking of God being anything but the Lord our saviour, is forever being in the pit of hell, with pain like you have or will ever feel till that time, why would you chance that?

Because every human being that has ever existed is morally superior to your God of eternal torture and human suffering--who is clearly a vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty prick.

If there is no God, then when I die, I wont no it any way.

Yet throughout your miserable life you will have spread unneccesary guilt and fear with your retrubitory threats from some imaginary God. You will have granted your moral validation to the vicous consequences of every witch hunt, inquisition, crusade, and jihad ever inspired by the self-righteuos wrath of your imaginary God. I don't know how you live with that, but if you want to die with it, all I can say is,"The sooner the better."

The pay off for beliving there is a God, is heaven. And if that is true, I will no that as well. Why take the chance with those odds and those being the results of the chance you take? Please tell me that.

I'm not taking any chances; I just want nothing to do with your "pay off"--your deranged "heaven" bought by the worship and veneration of cruelty and agony. I roundly reject your blood-thirsty and sadistic religion of human sacrifice. I am an enemy to your tyrannical god of torture and human suffering.

AND I SWEAR, if you offer me salvation through the blood of of the Lord, Jesus Christ(TM), I'll say "NO THANK YOU" to this offer to expunge my sins in the blood of an innocent, nor shall I place upon him the burdens of sins he has not committed. In other words, I refuse to make a sacrificial animal of any human being -- including Jesus.

LOki what in the world are you talking about? Your hate and frustration with God seems to be personal.

Many atheists were once believers but were let down or really hurt and blamed God. Totally rejecting the idea of a God, when science shows that their is a creator (Big Bang Theory) has a deeper root. The real question is WHY do you reject God?

If someone you kind of know or heard of tells you, don't take that street theres a bad car crash up there you will just end up in traffic, and they also offer you shelter until the storm is over, would you reject them? God is doing the same thing, telling you things that will help you later on and offering you comfort and love at the same time, if you ignore or reject him you will face the consequences later. Anyways, this isn't for a message board, PM me if you want to discuss this more.

I'm not that fond of Christians I should say Christianity either. It's the imagery. The crucifixion fixation is too masochistic for my taste. If I was forced to chose an organized religion, them being all being about the same philosophically speaking, I would choose Islam. Islamic art and architecture is the most beautiful to me and I love the sound of a muezzin calling to prayer.

I think though, that only the Unitarian Universalists would have me.

jesus christ.. what is it with the spelling nazis? oh no0ez, I misspelled a word! :eek:

Why don't you offer me an answer, baba, instead of the bullshit? If YOU can just assume that your god WAS and WASNT himself created then why can't you accept the same for pre-bang logic?

the rest of you can take your shogun-envy and get your asses back in line.

Exact same question to you. If you can ASSUME pre-bang material was just "there" with nothing making it, why can't you assume a creator was just "there"?

LOki what in the world are you talking about? Your hate and frustration with God seems to be personal.

Many atheists were once believers but were let down or really hurt and blamed God. Totally rejecting the idea of a God, when science shows that their is a creator (Big Bang Theory) has a deeper root. The real question is WHY do you reject God?

If someone you kind of know or heard of tells you, don't take that street theres a bad car crash up there you will just end up in traffic, and they also offer you shelter until the storm is over, would you reject them? God is doing the same thing, telling you things that will help you later on and offering you comfort and love at the same time, if you ignore or reject him you will face the consequences later. Anyways, this isn't for a message board, PM me if you want to discuss this more.

This atheist was never a believer. Not even when my best friend in 1st grade told me I was going to hell because I didn't go to Sunday School. Imagine! At little child using such hate! What do they teach kids in Sunday School anyway???

The Big Bang theory does not proves nada about a creator. Remember it's just a theory and not all scientists subscribe to it.

And why isn't what you have to say for a message board? Sounds fishy to me.

Forum List

Back