Do You Believe In The Power of Healing?

Potterhead2021
You seem to place emphasis on healing as if it comes from somewhere outside the body.
If you are implying it's God, what exactly is the type of healing to which he contributes?

When one believes that we humans are made up of body, mind, and soul, and that they all work together, the power of mind over body, or spirit over mind and body, should be considered. In the video, we note that the girl is not healed of her disease although others credit her prayers for healing their own. I am willing to bet that there are others who prayed with her, or touched her picture, and no healing occurred.

Faith has power, but so does the body. Sometimes faith can heal whatever it is that is ailing the body, possibly because the spirit has been ailing as well. A boost in faith flows throughout body and mind as well and healing occurs. Positive thinking (mind) can work the same way. We should also keep in mind that sometimes what ails the body can overpower mind and spirit.

Ever hear of faith curing the standard sore throat or acne? Often times the body wins. Still, we should not forget that with some ailments faith and positive thinking might be able to play a part with some ailments.

When one believes that we humans are made up of body, mind, and soul, and that they all work together, the power of mind over body, or spirit over mind and body, should be considered. In the video, we note that the girl is not healed of her disease although others credit her prayers for healing their own. I am willing to bet that there are others who prayed with her, or touched her picture, and no healing occurred.

Faith has power, but so does the body. Sometimes faith can heal whatever it is that is ailing the body, possibly because the spirit has been ailing as well. A boost in faith flows throughout body and mind as well and healing occurs. Positive thinking (mind) can work the same way. We should also keep in mind that sometimes what ails the body can overpower mind and spirit.

Ever hear of faith curing the standard sore throat or acne? Often times the body wins. Still, we should not forget that with some ailments faith and positive thinking might be able to play a part with some ailments.

I don't care how many people prayed or maulled a picture, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that prayer promotes healing.
To even suggest it is a slap in the face to every doctor in the world. If it worked we wouldn't need hospitals etc.

How do you people think or do

I'm on the fence about it myself.

There are no miraculous healings today.........the age of the supernatural miracle is over, its been over since the last Apostle breathed last.

The scriptures self define miracle. A miracle is not just an unusual event....a quinky ding that can be explained away by the laws of physics. A miracle is a supernatural event that is not subject to quantification (measurement) by our natural laws its unexplainable in its contradiction of the laws of nature.

The purpose of the miracles recorded in scripture was to confirm the word being delivered by Christ and His apostles as coming from heaven as directed by the God of Creation. "Go and tell John the things which ye hear and see; the blind receive their sight; and the lame walk; the leapers are cleansed; and the deaf hear; and the dead are raised up; and the poor have good tidings preached to them." -- Matt. 11:4-5

Anyone? Simply present evidence of any of these miracles described above occurring today. Don't tell me its a lack of faith on my part, as the miracles in scriptures were witnessed by many unbelievers. Show us the dead raised up, the blind being healed, the lame walking...........these are the signs and wonders spoken of and demonstrated by the Christ and His apostles during the infant stages of the early church.

These supernatural acts where "gifts of the Spirit..i.e., the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:7-11)

The scriptures detail the gifts of the spirit. There were 9. Wisdom(supernatural wisdom), Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miracles, Discerning of Spirits, Tongues (the gift of being able to speak in a language never learned previously in order to communicate with those who spoke a different language used to spread the gospel......the tongues in the Bible are not random utterance that can't be understood by no one....in pretension of having this gift) and interpretation of these tongues.

Today the way a Christian acquires knowledge and wisdom is through natural means...........by studying the word of God, not through a miracle, but good old fashion work ethics. Today there is no supernatural faith today, "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17). The scriptures tell us THESE 9 SUPERNATURAL GIFTS of the SPIRIT would cease (1 Cor. 12) (1 Cor. 13:8-12).

Read the passages in 1st Cor. concerning the gifts. Each gift was just a part of the whole message of the gospel but when the "PERFECT" comes that which is in part shall be done away with. The expression used in 1st Cor. THE PERFECT comes from the Greek word Telion.....which literally means when translated to English "Complete, full grown, fully developed".

The same Greek word Telion/Perfect is used by James in the Book of James in describing the New Testament Law of Christ.......James uses the same word for Perfect in describing THE PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY....i.e., NEW TESTAMENT LAW.

Some might attempt to declare THE PERFECT as the 2nd coming of Christ......but once again one must read and comprehend the context and subject matter of the text as it self defines. Paul writes of the times when the gifts of the spirit were still in effect, "Now we see in a mirror, darkly, but then (when? after the perfect comes) clearly."

One does not look into a mirror to see God or Jesus, one looks into a mirror and sees the only thing that exists there.........SELF. In order to do certain things we must use a mirror..........like shaving with a sharp blade that requires precision ...etc., That is the purpose of a mirror.........what you are looking at is not real, its but a reflection of reality.

When the perfect comes.......The perfect law of liberty, you can look at reality face to face.........that reality is the complete work of the Holy Scriptures that provide everything required by man to find salvation of the spirit. When you look into a mirror all that you can see is what already exists.....you can see no more than what exists within you at that point in time, you can't expand your knowledge, your wisdom.....you are static. The perfect allows you to grow in faith, knowledge, wisdom....etc. in order to become whole.......no longer a child but fully developed.

Nope. I recommend one of two methods:

1. Go to the doctor
or
2. Go to the doctor and pray for healing.

I advise against this much dumber method:

3. Relying on God.

Nope. I recommend one of two methods:

1. Go to the doctor
or
2. Go to the doctor and pray for healing.

I advise against this much dumber method:

3. Relying on God.
Just where do you suppose the physician garners his/her skills? God. Its more than pompous to suggest that man is more superior than the creating force. Pray.......but pray that God might guide the hands of the physician that is providing the treatment.

Just why do you suppose anyone attempts to find a skilled physician in times of emergencies? It takes FAITH to place your life into the hands of a physician that you may or may not know anything about.....except the history of his past successes and failures.

Faith is not some strange hope that has nothing to do with science or the physical laws of nature......people depend upon faith every day. Take for instance you have faith that your automobile will start each day when you turn the ignition switch. Why do you have this faith? Is it because of some false hope? No faith is constructed upon knowledge and wisdom garnered through previous events......your car/truck has never failed to start....so your faith in turning the key and expecting ignition is not based upon Blind Faith.

That is faith as defined in scripture. Its constructed a block at a time with Jesus being the chief corner stone. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. The word of God never fails......no one is promised anything extra in this physical life (the rain falls on the just and the unjust, the sinner and the saint) God has no respect of person and God placed the natural laws of physics into effect for a reason. Don't expect a supernatural healing in answer to a prayer.....but never fail to pray, there many prayers that individuals never comprehend that have been answered.

Its like the old joke. There was an elderly man, a man with strong religious beliefs, always faithful. One day there was a great storm that produced flooding in his neighborhood. The civil authorities issued an immediate evacuation order for the area. The man refused to go.......he declared "I have faith that God will save me when asked by a neighbor why he refused to go." The waters began to rise, it came up on the porches......the emergency services came by and said, we have a bus....lets go. Again he refused and said, "I have faith that God will save me....." then the waters came up to flood the lst floor of his house........emergency services sent a boat. He refused to go, I have faith in God........then the waters overtook his second floor......he climbed upon the roof..........they sent a Helicopter........again, I have faith that God will save me and he refused to go.

The flood overcame him and he drowned. Standing before St. Peter awaiting entrance into heaven he asked, Why did God forsake me at a time of my greatest need? St. Pete said, "Good god man...........He sent a bus, a boat and a Helicopter.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back