'Do We Need To Pay For Bridges?' rick scott Opposes Infrastructure In COVID Stimulus bill

Yes we need to pay for bridges. How many bridges have collapsed in the last decade or so?

Our infrastructure is falling apart and is seriously outdated.

The people of our nation have been calling for new infrastructure for decades.

trump ran on it in 2016 but never did anything about it once he was president.

We have trillions to throw away on tax cuts for the filthy rich but we don't need to pay for bridges?

We need responsible people in our government.

Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Yes we need to pay for bridges. How many bridges have collapsed in the last decade or so?

Our infrastructure is falling apart and is seriously outdated.

The people of our nation have been calling for new infrastructure for decades.

trump ran on it in 2016 but never did anything about it once he was president.

We have trillions to throw away on tax cuts for the filthy rich but we don't need to pay for bridges?

Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

That is so true.

Being the worlds' policeman does cost money.
We have no business providing free security for the world. It was done to prop up the petrol dollar. Trump almost had us out of it, by becoming energy independent and not starting wars. Now Biden has us moving back in the wrong direction.

If Congress has the votes to pass an infrastructure bill, let them do so.

If the voters object to the legislature stepping on an area reserved for the state governments, 2022 presents the opportunity to punish those elected reps...

There is plenty of federally owned infrastructure that needs work.

Yes they do need to be fixed but doing that is not covid related. If both parties would focus on writing a bill that deals with just infrastructure and not add a bunch of non related garbage you would already have one passed. It’s all these non related add ons that keep so many things from being passed.

Being the worlds' policeman does cost money.
We have no business providing free security for the world. It was done to prop up the petrol dollar. Trump almost had us out of it, by becoming energy independent and not starting wars. Now Biden has us moving back in the wrong direction.

The USA has NEVER provided security for the world. You ALWAYS had "US Interests" to protect. There were lots of human rights violations in nations where US corporations don't have a presence at all and those nations were left to their own devices when the shit hits the fan.

In fact, the USA has supported some of the most repressive and brutal right wing dictatorships in the world, in an effort to thwart left wing takeovers of poor nations. The USA did NOTHING for the rest of the world. WE defended YOU after 9/11.

Yes they do need to be fixed but doing that is not covid related. If both parties would focus on writing a bill that deals with just infrastructure and not add a bunch of non related garbage you would already have one passed. It’s all these non related add ons that keep so many things from being passed.
Oh, I dunno about that. I'd agree that bridges are irrelevant to covid relief, or even stimulus for the next 6 mos, but I'm not at all sure there'd be ten gop senators to vote for any infrastructure that was not paid for in reduced spending.

Oh, I dunno about that. I'd agree that bridges are irrelevant to covid relief, or even stimulus for the next 6 mos, but I'm not at all sure there'd be ten gop senators to vote for any infrastructure that was not paid for in reduced spending.
The flip side of that would be could you find any Democrats who would agree to cut anything. Just as pretty much everyone can agree roads and bridges need repairs I think they could also agree there is a lot of wasteful spending that could be done away with.

The flip side of that would be could you find any Democrats who would agree to cut anything. Just as pretty much everyone can agree roads and bridges need repairs I think they could also agree there is a lot of wasteful spending that could be done away with.
I think that's true. When Biden was VP he and McConnell did negotiate spending cuts for new taxes with the aim of reducing the deficit. I'm not sure that's possible now after the last 4 years, even if the pandemic wasn't keeping people out of some jobs

How does this grab at money have anything to do with the coronavirus?

We can build infrastructure, however trying to do an end run is pretty sneaky and low.

Sounds like you have Rick Scott who wants the COVID relief bill to actually go to COVID relief. Explain to me how that's not responsible?

It would appear your definition of responsible seems to simply mean someone you agree with and has nothing to do with actual responsibility at all. Kind of like the other day how you were complaining about taxpayer funded bailouts as a result of "free market capitalism" and I had to school you on the fact they are exact opposite of free market capitalism and are, in fact, part of the central government planning YOU vote for. Now here you are again demanding responsible people in our government while you openly reject this man trying to do exactly that.

It's like you live in the Bizarro World where up is down and light is dark.

I think that's true. When Biden was VP he and McConnell did negotiate spending cuts for new taxes with the aim of reducing the deficit. I'm not sure that's possible now after the last 4 years, even if the pandemic wasn't keeping people out of some jobs

McConnell is only interested in cutting spending when he's not the one controlling the trough.

Every bill has add ones in order to get their vote to support the bill, there allowed to load them up with pork. That's DEMS & REPUB EQUAL feeding from the trough. Been going on Forever. how could anyone not no that?

The moderates on both sides have been drowned out by the extremes on both sides who have made compromise the eighth deadly sin.

Billionaires need their tax cuts.

Otherwise they’ll leave and then what will we do?

No they don't. But they sure won't turn them down if offered. Billionaires and corporations have been awash in cash since W was in office, but it's not translating into jobs because their workers are all tapped out. These people couldn't possibly live on less money than they do now.

With raises to the lowest paid workers, this will unleash an enormous amount of pent up demand. It's demand that drives supply, not the other way around.
We live off of slave workers overseas. And the ones in China are building China up into a formidable foe. We were once Pax Americana. We kept our factories and manufacturing with little from the outside. By doing this you could pay more for a product. However we became sloppy also. The American Auto companies are getting out of the Automobile part of their business. They can not compete with the foreign automakers. So they will make Minivans, Pick up trucks, SUV's and Crossovers.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.”

-Bismark

That was not why it was called unconst. And there's nothing unconstitutional with the feds using funds to assist in state road projects. But it's not short term stimulus

What more frequently happens is that the state will pay for the improvement and will get repaid by the Federal Government. The Feds will schedule an improvement for five or ten years down the road and the local government doesn't want to wait that long.

Forum List

Back