Do we need to fear God?

The church has always been very happy to keep the public ignorant and superstitious. The serious questions are it's death knell.
Were you kept in the dark by your religion? I was not, and nor are most. Religion is the doorway into reality, into the best of life.

What gave you such a warped view of religion that you are naming religion as the bane of your life?

Religion is not what brings out the worst in humanity. The roots of what brings out the worst in people are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth because they lead to further woes. Think about it. It's not religion.
I guess we will have to disagree. As a child I remember seeing all those sins in the church.

The kindnesses were overshadowed by all the hypocrisy.
Ever try to build a home in one day? Character building is even more intricate. Perfection isn't attained in an instant. Do you have any problem forgiving yourself of shortcomings? Probably not, because inwardly you know that you are still building. Perhaps offer others that same understanding.

Ever try to build a home in one day? Character building is even more intricate. Perfection isn't attained in an instant. Do you have any problem forgiving yourself of shortcomings? Probably not, because inwardly you know that you are still building. Perhaps offer others that same understanding.
Building a home built on lies will not stand the test of time. I still believe there is a GOD. That entity was never flesh and blood and has about as much in common with human beings as we do with ants.

Only the "fool" does not fear God. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom......." -- Prov. 9:1-10

Its the fool that says in his heart, "there is no God...." -- Ps. 14:1

Only the "fool" does not fear God. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom......." -- Prov. 9:1-10

Its the fool that says in his heart, "there is no God...." -- Ps. 14:1
Believe whatever you wish. Only a fool would attempt to prove GOD exists by quoting religious dogma. It is part of the mythology you are trying to defend.

Believe whatever you wish. Only a fool would attempt to prove GOD exists by quoting religious dogma. It is part of the mythology you are trying to defend.
That's odd because some atheists try to use scripture to prove God doesn't exist.

Does the above statement compel you in any way to be obedient to your God's will ? That is a simple enough question. Please answer in your own words, not religious propaganda.

No, it's much more than that. The primary reason is love, and that goes hand-in-hand with respect and putting God first, which is the correct order of things.

But another reason is because I have learned through life experience, often the hard way, but I truly learned… that obeying God is the wisest and best choice. Why, because it actually works! Again, it's important to understand that this is not because I read it in a book or because someone told me to. It is because I have learned this firsthand, through life experience. In other words, I've tried both ways, been there done that...now I truly know that God's ways are so much better.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I'm always obedient to God and never miss the mark… Of course not, we're all human. But my point was that as time has gone by, I have learned that obedience is not only important, but it's key for a blessed, happy, healthy successful life. And when I say successful, I am not talking about the worldly view of success, I am talking about it from a Christian perspective.

I hope that answered your question.

Last edited:
The perfect example of the FOOL. "Professing themselves to be wise.........they became fools" -- Romans 1:22. You need to look into that mirror of yours that projects a false conclusion.

The proof that God exists does not rest in DOGMA..........it rests in the fact of the things that are "created" (Romans 1:20) void of any type of verification through the Laws of Physics. It's clear and unambiguous ...........this reality did not create itself from NOTHING as suggested by those who deny God. It's clear that Life did not evolve from Dead matter as claimed by those who deny God. This is DOGMA.........as every time this dogma is placed to the test of the scientific method, its FALSIFIED by the existing evidence of scientific experiment.

On the other side of the coin, CREATION.....as described in the Holy Scriptures,, each after its own kind (Gen. 1;25) by a force superior to the natural has never been subject to falsification by the scientific method. In fact Louis Pasteur has proven though the scientific method that life can only be reproduced via pre-existing life of the same kind, within species.

There has been no evidence whatsoever to even suggest that this Universe and the Life within it created itself from nothing........naturally. If the science experiment exists that proves that evolution of both the natural universe and biological, life created itself void of any outside force .........present your evidence that makes Evolution a FACT of Science. You will not, because YOU CANNOT.........the evidence does not exist. Thus the Super (superior) Natural (to nature) is the only logical and reasonable explanation for this plane of reality. Just as stated

True Christianity is not based upon FAITH alone.......as the Christian is commanded to "test/prove all things" (1 Thess. 5:21) through logic and reason.

So........why believe and accept the Holy Scriptures as truth from God?

The Scriptures were written by at least "40" different individuals, all inspired to speak the truth as inspired by God. Each form different walks of life, from Shepherds, to Kings, to Physicians, to tax collectors...etc. It was written over a 1500 year span of time. No where else in human history has any work of literature spanned over 1500 years to complete one total work that is in total agreement from Genesis to Rev.......with one common theme, the projected birth, life, death and resurrection of one Son of God, Son of Man.....as a method to having eternal fellowship with the CREATOR of LIFE.

Think about all the various works of historical literature produced by men.........see how many truthful statements you will find that does not favor those who are recording this supposed history in a favorable light. Each work will be directed by those who favor one society over another......always painting a rosy picture of themselves being the only truth to exist. In other words the old axiom holds true, History is recorded by those who are victorious over other cultures.

Example: Bring 6 of the best authors of Human literature together, one from each major socitiey of the world..........have them draft an article......based upon truth about one common theme.......say, the factors that lead up to both major wars of the 20th century. You will not get 6 works of literature that are in total agreement, all will conflict from chapter one forward, none will be in agreement, each will favor their own society attempting to place the blame ON OTHERS.

Not so with the Holy Scriptures......the entire history is recorded in a truthful manner, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.....with all the skeletons in the closets exposed for the world to see. Example of this truth, "What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Gentiles are under sin; as it is written None is righteous, no, not one: no none understands, no one seeks for God; All have turned aside; together they have become worthless..........no one does good; not even one............." -- Romans 3:9-29

Many people attempt to read the Bible and claim that all that is recorded means that God condones all that is recorded......not so, the scriptures are filled with truthful history, presenting how many of the heroes have fallen from grace through sinful actions, the truth is presented and its not favorable history at all, its simply a running truthful history of the Judeo/Christian philosophy that concludes with one Reality: God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son.............

]

Last edited:
No, it's much more than that. The primary reason is love, and that goes hand-in-hand with respect and putting God first, which is the correct order of things.

But another reason is because I have learned through life experience, often the hard way, but I truly learned… that obeying God is the wisest and best choice. Why, because it actually works! Again, it's important to understand that this is not because I read it in a book or because someone told me to. It is because I have learned this firsthand, through life experience. In other words, I've tried both ways, been there done that...now I truly know that God's ways are so much better.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I'm always obedient to God and never miss the mark… Of course not, we're all human. But my point was that as time has gone by, I have learned that obedience is not only important, but it's key for a blessed, happy, healthy successful life. And when I say successful, I am not talking about the worldly view of success, I am talking about it from a Christian perspective.

I hope that answered your question.
Putting GOD first is the correct order of things according to you. And is your god one of the religious ones ? If so, and I believe it is; Doesn't that actually mean putting religion first in your life. The two are inseparable in that case, aren't they ?

Putting GOD first is the correct order of things according to you. And is your god one of the religious ones ? If so, and I believe it is; Doesn't that actually mean putting religion first in your life. The two are inseparable in that case, aren't they ?
Talk about missing the "mark"........its not religion that is paramount with the God of Creation, its Faith, Hope, and Charity/Love........all these things require worshiping with both your mind and in truth. (John 16:13). There is only one location to find Christian Truth, the Word of God (John 17:17) Its TRUTH that sets one Free...........not religion. (John 8:31).

One can make a religion from any doctrine.........to include false doctrine. The theory of evolution for example is almost worshiped by secular individuals even though it exists only as DOGMA with no scientific method to prove it a FACT/LAW of science/physics. Thus.......human secularism is form of religion, based not upon facts......but philosophy.

Talk about missing the "mark"........its not religion that is paramount with the God of Creation, its Faith, Hope, and Charity/Love........all these things require worshiping with both your mind and in truth. (John 16:13). There is only one location to find Christian Truth, the Word of God (John 17:17) Its TRUTH that sets one Free...........not religion. (John 8:31).

One can make a religion from any doctrine.........to include false doctrine. The theory of evolution for example is almost worshiped by secular individuals even though it exists only as DOGMA with no scientific method to prove it a FACT/LAW of science/physics. Thus.......human secularism is form of religion, based not upon facts......but philosophy.
I know, all religions are a bad joke. I don't know why anyone still supports them. Science doesn't come with any great cost, it simply serves us well.

I know, all religions are a bad joke. I don't know why anyone still supports them. Science doesn't come with any great cost, it simply serves us well.
That's not very enlightened of you. You sure do have a hard eye and a hard heart.

$140 billion of taxpayer money goes to science each year.

Forum List

Back