Do We Need A 'Conversation' About Race?

The entire subject is so utterly tired. The conversation needs to be about personal accountability and trying to improve your life circumstance.

In community settings change must happen from within. The same holds true for individuals. Crying about racism in this day and age is akin to telling a therapist "the reason I'm a screw up is because Daddy was mean to me."

Get over it. Approach things in your life in the here and now and take responsibility for the decisions you make. After all....those are the only two things you can really control anyway. :)

Which is exactly the point that OP has brilliantly made.
No one really wants a discussion about race.

If the terms of the discussion were equal then I'd love to talk about it but in our current political climate it's taboo to criticize any non-white races and it's "racist" to discuss the accomplishments of the white race. So the "cards" (no pun intended) are already stacked against any white who wouldn't mind discussing the issue.

Talking is not criticising so that may be your problem. Talking is about discovery.

If the terms of the discussion were equal then I'd love to talk about it but in our current political climate it's taboo to criticize any non-white races and it's "racist" to discuss the accomplishments of the white race. So the "cards" (no pun intended) are already stacked against any white who wouldn't mind discussing the issue.

Talking is not criticising so that may be your problem. Talking is about discovery.

says the poster who claims that whites are not honest. :lol:

Every race that has more dominant genes than they do.....pretty much everyone.

So now we resort to eugenics? Well...it worked for the Nazi's right? :cuckoo:

The Nazis got the idea from the US. Along with killing all those Jews they also sterilized some Black people. Germans were white if you didnt notice. Are you claiming there were no attempts to wipe out Black people in the US?

Anything is possible. Even this:

The 1804 Haiti Massacre was a genocide, which was carried out against the remaining white population of French Creoles in Haiti by the black population on the order of Jean-Jacques Dessalines. The massacre, which took place in the entire territory of Haiti, was carried out from early February 1804 until 22 April 1804, and resulted in the deaths of between 3,000 to 5,000 people of all ages and genders.[1]
Squads of soldiers moved from house to house, killing entire families.[2] Even whites who had been friendly and sympathetic to the black population were imprisoned and later killed.[3] A second wave of massacres targeted white women and children.[3]
1804 Haiti Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talking CAN be about discovery but it can also be about things already discovered. The goal is truth.

Talking CAN be about discovery but it can also be about things already discovered. The goal is truth.

Talking is always about discovery. Its a doorway to discussion. You cant criticize someone without asking their permission to do that. If you criticize without permission then you don't communicate.

So now we resort to eugenics? Well...it worked for the Nazi's right? :cuckoo:

The Nazis got the idea from the US. Along with killing all those Jews they also sterilized some Black people. Germans were white if you didnt notice. Are you claiming there were no attempts to wipe out Black people in the US?

Anything is possible. Even this:

The 1804 Haiti Massacre was a genocide, which was carried out against the remaining white population of French Creoles in Haiti by the black population on the order of Jean-Jacques Dessalines. The massacre, which took place in the entire territory of Haiti, was carried out from early February 1804 until 22 April 1804, and resulted in the deaths of between 3,000 to 5,000 people of all ages and genders.[1]
Squads of soldiers moved from house to house, killing entire families.[2] Even whites who had been friendly and sympathetic to the black population were imprisoned and later killed.[3] A second wave of massacres targeted white women and children.[3]
1804 Haiti Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder why those Black people were so mad?

says the poster who claims that whites are not honest. :lol:

Stop being butthurt.

The people who are getting hurt the most by the race card meme are blacks themselves. I learned everything about race I needed to through a great intellectual black man. I'm sure you've read one or more, of Thomas Sowell's excellent books which puts it all into perspective. The race card is used by politicians for political gain, only. Blacks were better off before Affirmative Action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JYLb0XPA8

Yeah...:doubt:

If someone disagrees with your ilk...you claim they are using the race card. If someone challenges an opinion of your ilk, you call them a racist. If your ilk calls someone a ******...you give them high fives.

Don't give me this nonsense about honest discussions about race. You people use the reverse race card every time so you can say what you please and censor your opposition.

Hi Nutz. I just gotta say that I don't know anyone more obsessed with the issue of race than you. You're very, very touchy concerning race and specifically the black race. As a white man, I'm probably the most hated organism on earth simply based on the color of my skin but I don't lose sleep over it and I actually don't give two hoots who likes my race and who doesn't. I take the name-calling with a grain of salt and move on. You shouldn't worry so much about what other people think.

You would be surprised as to what I really think. As a matter of fact, I give my honest opinion all of the time but most of you can't get past race yourselves and read for comprehension. You should pay closer attention...because believe me, I don't loose sleep over race nor does it factor into my decision making process (with the exception of movements that employs a HIGH percentage of racists like the TPM). I believe many Teapers are racist - that doesn't mean I hate whitey...nor do I attack the entire white race as your ilk does when talking about blackie. The majority of my friends are white. I have a number of white people in my family and my last relationship was with a white woman. So, to say I am obsessed with race...not true. To say I am racist, not true. To say I despise racism...very true.

Teapers are destroying true conservatism with their race nonsense...I take that as an affront to true conservatism as they are perverting the core belief system. It is that simple. And if Teapers don't want to have an adult conversation, I can flame with the best of them...because in the end...I simply reply in kind.

Talking is always about discovery. Its a doorway to discussion. You cant criticize someone without asking their permission to do that. If you criticize without permission then you don't communicate.

Yep, you cut off all communication with enemies, not allies.

The entire subject is so utterly tired. The conversation needs to be about personal accountability and trying to improve your life circumstance.

In community settings change must happen from within. The same holds true for individuals. Crying about racism in this day and age is akin to telling a therapist "the reason I'm a screw up is because Daddy was mean to me."

Get over it. Approach things in your life in the here and now and take responsibility for the decisions you make. After all....those are the only two things you can really control anyway. :)

No, it is not. That is just an excuse.

Which race have whites been trying to wipe out and how? :dunno:

Whites have been trying to wipe out all other races? Wow, that's pretty ignorant, even for a coon. :lol:

The funny thing is Blacks are doing an excellent job of wiping themselves out around the globe.

I mean....are they looking for white folks help even in this? Amazing. :(

Which race have whites been trying to wipe out and how? :dunno:

Whites have been trying to wipe out all other races? Wow, that's pretty ignorant, even for a coon. :lol:

You cave chimps are pretty illiterate. I'll educate you. :lol:

The Tasmanian genocide | Abagond

The Tasmanian genocide (fl. 1826-1829) is where white British settlers wiped out nearly all the native people of Tasmania (then called Van Diemen’s Land) and then sent the few hundred still alive to prison camps where they died of disease and despair.

Should I compile a list or will you be embarrassed?

The funny thing is Blacks are doing an excellent job of wiping themselves out around the globe.

I mean....are they looking for white folks help even in this? Amazing. :(

Actually the only racial group that has more members than Black people are the Asians. Not only that Black people are found pretty much everywhere in the world despite whites attempts to pretend some of these people are not Black.

Basically what I get from him is assimilation. Sorry but thats not going to happen. I love being Black and I'd rather deal with racism than give up what I am.

Very, very nice to see this kind of honesty.

The predictable result of decades of identity politics, of isolating one race from the rest of American society.

We were expecting a different result?

Sad to see, but it is what it is.

The only thing that is sad is the inability of people to respect differences. I dont have be Mexican to appreciate and respect their culture. I dont want to be Mexican though because I like being Black. That in no way makes me think less of Mexicans. I live across the street from a Mexican family and we do a lot of things together. Why do some whites have an issue with everyone not wanting to be white?

Well, I don't know if that's it or not, but it's a fair question. It depends on what you mean by "being white".

What I'm guessing you mean -- and tell me if I'm wrong -- is that many white people consider themselves Americans first and whatever their ethnicity is second, and that they think America is better off when everyone feels that way. That everyone is essentially in one group, a melting pot, E Pluribus Unum. So "being white" could mean putting the country over their skin color and wanting others to do the same.

That's where Identity Politics comes in. The country has clearly moved away from the melting pot idea as a result of Identity Politics, and here we are. Hyphenated Americans, not just Americans. I am my skin color first.

The question is whether a society divided along ethnic lines can survive, let alone continue as the most dynamic country on the planet. I don't think it can, but there are people for whom that's just not an important issue.

I would only ask that you consider the following possibility: While there are clearly old-fashioned ignorant white racists still running around, there are a lot of people who think that a hyphenated America is not good for the country. Their wish is not to hurt those with a different skin color, it's just to get us all on the same team for a change. It certainly doesn't feel like that right now.

Last edited:

You cave chimps are pretty illiterate. I'll educate you. :lol:

The Tasmanian genocide | Abagond

The Tasmanian genocide (fl. 1826-1829) is where white British settlers wiped out nearly all the native people of Tasmania (then called Van Diemen’s Land) and then sent the few hundred still alive to prison camps where they died of disease and despair.

Should I compile a list or will you be embarrassed?

One isolated incident, go for the whole list, I could use a laugh right about now.

Why do some whites have an issue with everyone not wanting to be white?

Blacks discriminate against each other because you're jealous of the lighter and whiter blacks. Some of you even try to "pass" yourselves off as a white person. And it's a status symbol to have a white gf, even if she's fat and ugly, which is usually the case.

The people who are getting hurt the most by the race card meme are blacks themselves. I learned everything about race I needed to through a great intellectual black man. I'm sure you've read one or more, of Thomas Sowell's excellent books which puts it all into perspective. The race card is used by politicians for political gain, only. Blacks were better off before Affirmative Action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JYLb0XPA8

Yeah...:doubt:

If someone disagrees with your ilk...you claim they are using the race card. If someone challenges an opinion of your ilk, you call them a racist. If your ilk calls someone a ******...you give them high fives.

Don't give me this nonsense about honest discussions about race. You people use the reverse race card every time so you can say what you please and censor your opposition.

Hi Nutz. I just gotta say that I don't know anyone more obsessed with the issue of race than you. You're very, very touchy concerning race and specifically the black race. As a white man, I'm probably the most hated organism on earth simply based on the color of my skin but I don't lose sleep over it and I actually don't give two hoots who likes my race and who doesn't. I take the name-calling with a grain of salt and move on. You shouldn't worry so much about what other people think.

"....but I don't lose sleep over it and I actually don't give two hoots who likes my race and who doesn't."

That's pretty much the adult perspective....and what McWhorter was getting at.

That's actually a false conclusion. The criticism, itself, is a form of communication. The recipient of the criticism may not like what they hear but if they hear it then it was communicated. The recipient can then respond in whatever manner he or she chooses and his or her response will still be a form of communication. For instance, I offered you some friendly criticism without your permission and a conversation ensued.

Forum List

Back