Do We Need A 'Conversation' About Race?

Every race that has more dominant genes than they do.....pretty much everyone.

Whites have been trying to wipe out all other races? Wow, that's pretty ignorant, even for a coon. :lol:

The funny thing is Blacks are doing an excellent job of wiping themselves out around the globe.

I mean....are they looking for white folks help even in this? Amazing. :(

I read a book by Dr. Dambisa Moyo, a New York Times Bestseller, " Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How there is a Better Way for Africa" who amplifies that point on a global scale.

Why, Moyo asks, “is it that Africa alone among the continents of the world seems to be locked into a cycle of dysfunction? Why in a recent survey did seven out of the top 10 ‘failed states' hail from that continent?” Moyo, a Zambian economist educated at Oxford and Harvard, who has worked for the World Bank and Goldman Sachs, believes that foreign aid is the root cause of the spiral that has led Africa into its present situation.\\

1. ...why the majority of sub-Saharan countries ‘flounder in a seemingly never-ending cycle of corruption, disease, poverty and aid-dependency,’ despite the fact that their countries have received more than $300 billion in development assistance since 1970. And her answer is that African countries are poor precisely because of all that aid!

2. Deep in every liberal sensibility is a profound sense that in a world of moral uncertainty one idea is sacred, on belief cannot be compromised: the rich should help the poor, and the form of that help should be aid.

3. The notion that aid can alleviate systemic poverty, and has done so, is a myth. Millions in Africa are poorer today because of aid: misery and poverty have not ended but have increased. Aid has been and continues to be, an unmitigated political, economic, and humanitarian disaster for most parts of the developing world.

4. There is the largely unspoken and insidious view that the problem with Africa is Africans- that culturally, mentally and physically Africans are innately different. That, somehow, deeply embedded in their psyche is An inability to embrace development and improve their own lot in life without foreign guidance and help.

5. And, after all, doesn't the very same analysis apply to the 'help' that Liberals/Progressives/Democrats have given here?

Of course, this can be simplified to a bumper sticker: "....teach a man to fish...."

Very, very nice to see this kind of honesty.

The predictable result of decades of identity politics, of isolating one race from the rest of American society.

We were expecting a different result?

Sad to see, but it is what it is.

The only thing that is sad is the inability of people to respect differences. I dont have be Mexican to appreciate and respect their culture. I dont want to be Mexican though because I like being Black. That in no way makes me think less of Mexicans. I live across the street from a Mexican family and we do a lot of things together. Why do some whites have an issue with everyone not wanting to be white?

Well, I don't know if that's it or not, but it's a fair question. It depends on what you mean by "being white".

What I'm guessing you mean -- and tell me if I'm wrong -- is that many white people consider themselves Americans first and whatever their ethnicity is second, and that they think America is better off when everyone feels that way. That everyone is essentially in one group, a melting pot, E Pluribus Unum. So "being white" could mean putting the country over their skin color and wanting others to do the same.

That's where Identity Politics comes in. The country has clearly moved away from the melting pot idea as a result of Identity Politics, and here we are. Hyphenated Americans, not just Americans. I am my skin color first.

The question is whether a society divided along ethnic lines can survive, let alone continue as the most dynamic country on the planet. I don't think it can, but there are people for whom that's just not an important issue.

I would only ask that you consider the following possibility: While there are clearly old-fashioned ignorant white racists still running around, there are a lot of people who think that a hyphenated America is not good for the country. Their wish is not to hurt those with a different skin color, it's just to get us all on the same team for a change. It certainly doesn't feel like that right now.

What in your opinion makes those people correct in their assumption? There are plenty of white americans that call themselves by hyphenated names because they are giving honor to where their ancestors come from. Italian-Americans, Sicilian-Americans, irish americans, etc. My point of view is that you can do this and still be an American. The fact of the matter is ultimately we are all individuals and different from each other anyway. Who says it should be present geographic location before historical location? What difference does it make?

One of the main problems in the Black community is the loss of knowledge of our historical location. Any civilization is based on tradition and historical context and how you fit into it. You define yourself by your history.

Talking CAN be about discovery but it can also be about things already discovered. The goal is truth.

Talking is always about discovery. Its a doorway to discussion. You cant criticize someone without asking their permission to do that. If you criticize without permission then you don't communicate.

That's actually a false conclusion. The criticism, itself, is a form of communication. The recipient of the criticism may not like what they hear but if they hear it then it was communicated. The recipient can then respond in whatever manner he or she chooses and his or her response will still be a form of communication. For instance, I offered you some friendly criticism without your permission and a conversation ensued.

I totally disagree with your assertion. The moment you say something I dont like your words turn into the teachers on Charlie Brown. You may as well be talking to a wall. Communication is an exchange of ideas. If you are not giving me anything (or better yet I am not taking it) we cant be communicating. You may have thought you offered me criticism but I didn't feel that way. If I felt you were attempting to criticize me I would have ignored your comment or laughed at you.

Talking is always about discovery. Its a doorway to discussion. You cant criticize someone without asking their permission to do that. If you criticize without permission then you don't communicate.

That's actually a false conclusion. The criticism, itself, is a form of communication. The recipient of the criticism may not like what they hear but if they hear it then it was communicated. The recipient can then respond in whatever manner he or she chooses and his or her response will still be a form of communication. For instance, I offered you some friendly criticism without your permission and a conversation ensued.

I totally disagree with your assertion. The moment you say something I dont like your words turn into the teachers on Charlie Brown. You may as well be talking to a wall. Communication is an exchange of ideas. If you are not giving me anything (or better yet I am not taking it) we cant be communicating. You may have thought you offered me criticism but I didn't feel that way. If I felt you were attempting to criticize me I would have ignored your comment or laughed at you.

You claim whites are dishonest so your ears are closed before a word comes out of their mouth.

Why do some whites have an issue with everyone not wanting to be white?

Blacks discriminate against each other because you're jealous of the lighter and whiter blacks. Some of you even try to "pass" yourselves off as a white person. And it's a status symbol to have a white gf, even if she's fat and ugly, which is usually the case.

^^^^What he said. :D

You claim whites are dishonest so your ears are closed before a word comes out of their mouth.

You keep misreading my statement probably intentionally. :lol:

I said in general whites are dishonest about the topic of race. My ears are not closing until they start talking some BS about superiority or attempting to chastise.

I said in general whites are dishonest about the topic of race. My ears are not closing until they start talking some BS about superiority or attempting to chastise.

pre judge
Prejudice

pre judge
Prejudice

Yes I pre judge white people when it comes to talks about race. Does that surprise you?

pre judge
Prejudice

Yes I pre judge white people when it comes to talks about race. Does that surprise you?

not in the slightest----it's why the conversation about race will never be productive.

pre judge
Prejudice

not in the slightest----it's why the conversation about race will never be productive.

Your quite wrong. I talk about race to a number of white people. We have earned each others respect and given permission to each other to offer criticism. Thats how I know you have no clue on what is necessary to communicate.

The moment you say something I dont like your words turn into the teachers on Charlie Brown.

There's the problem. You aren't interested in facts or reality...you're only interested in things you "like"...

Exactly. Thats how we know you cant communicate with someone when you make them dislike you.

That's nice.
....but we aren't talking about how I "communicate".

What I've done is reveal your selective ignorance of rejecting proven facts that you don't happen to "like".

Your quite wrong. I talk about race to a number of white people. We have earned each others respect and given permission to each other to offer criticism. Thats how I know you have no clue on what is necessary to communicate.

of course liberals will talk with you. What have those conversations produced ?

There's the problem. You aren't interested in facts or reality...you're only interested in things you "like"...

Exactly. Thats how we know you cant communicate with someone when you make them dislike you.

That's nice.
....but we aren't talking about how I "communicate".

What I've done is reveal your selective ignorance of rejecting proven facts that you don't happen to "like".

Yes we are talking about how you communicate. Check the OP dummy. You havent proven anything. You have thrown out woefully mislead opinions. Even if they were facts you couldnt communicate them to me because you dont have the skill set to do so.

Forum List

Back