Captain America

Umm ok. Generation Whine is all about PC Progressive racial sensitivity. How is this news?

Eh, their comic book series let them do what they want... Kind of like the idea of Falcon picking up the shield. The whole Thor becoming a woman though, not to sound chauvinistic but, I just can't see that!

This is pretty cool. They are doing a Black lil orphan annie too this year. She is adorable.

screen_shot_20140307_at_12.18.18_pm.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.18.18_pm.png

This is pretty cool. They are doing a Black lil orphan annie too this year. She is adorable.

screen_shot_20140307_at_12.18.18_pm.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.18.18_pm.png

Will they be running this alongside an all white cast of "A Raisin in the Sun" play?

Doubt it. Whites typically have no issue with housing discrimination. How would they pull that off?

Set it back a little bit further. When Irish immigrants were ostracized. It would actually fit rather well if you think about it.

Will they be running this alongside an all white cast of "A Raisin in the Sun" play?

Doubt it. Whites typically have no issue with housing discrimination. How would they pull that off?

Set it back a little bit further. When Irish immigrants were ostracized. It would actually fit rather well if you think about it.

Quite true. Fascinating how they became white later on.

Sam Wilson has been Steve Rodgers' best friend for years, so having him take up the mantle is not particularly strange. Rodgers has been replaced as Captain America for periods before.

Thor is not turning into a woman. Thor is going to be unworthy of wielding Mjolnir, so I think Thor's recently discovered sister is going to get the hammer. It may be that Angela, a character created by Todd MacFarlane in Spawn and introduced into the Marvel universe not too long ago, is that person.

In both cases it's going to be a totally different person using the same title. In both cases it's been done before (for a while I think Thor was actually a human). Neither is like when Loki actually inhabited a female body.

It's comics. Crazy shit happens every month. This different Cap is not really a big deal.

The need to rely on sensationalist plot changes indicates a distinct failure of imagination, if you ask me.

The need to rely on sensationalist plot changes indicates a distinct failure of imagination, if you ask me.

Lol then there's never been an ounce of imagination in any comic book ever written :laugh:

I think you know what I mean. When DC needed to gin up some interest they killed off Superman (who, of course, came back), then killed Batman (who, of course, then came back); Captain America has been 'killed' before, Spiderman has been fucked with every which way, same with the Thing, etc. If a writer can't creatively work with an established character, he or she shouldn't be writing that character.

Forum List

Back