Do we have free will? Is free will inviolate?

There is no free will in religion, you either believe the dogma hook, line and sinker, or they boot you out. God also didn't give free will, you either follow "his" book, or he'll burn you in hell. Anyone who calls that a choice is an idiot.

Everyone has free will. But you can willingly sacrifice your own will for God's will.
No one makes you do it.
Living for God should be done willingly. If not, you are not a Christian.
You only go to hell when you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins and receive him as your Lord and savoir. God gave us an out, if you choose not to accept it that is your choice...... God is not sending you to Hell for not living biblically....
"You only go to hell when you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins and receive him as your Lord and saviour".
That's in the bible, so god is sending me to hell for not following a book. Or as you call it "living biblically".
Question: by living biblically, do you mean that doing it doggy style is out or you go to hell?

You can't be in God's presence unless your sins are covered. Only Jesus can do that.
If you acknowledge that you need Jesus, that's all it takes. Your entry to Heaven is not based on WORKS but on your faith and God's grace....

There is no free will in religion, you either believe the dogma hook, line and sinker, or they boot you out. God also didn't give free will, you either follow "his" book, or he'll burn you in hell. Anyone who calls that a choice is an idiot.

Everyone has free will. But you can willingly sacrifice your own will for God's will.
No one makes you do it.
Living for God should be done willingly. If not, you are not a Christian.
You only go to hell when you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins and receive him as your Lord and savoir. God gave us an out, if you choose not to accept it that is your choice...... God is not sending you to Hell for not living biblically....
"You only go to hell when you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins and receive him as your Lord and saviour".
That's in the bible, so god is sending me to hell for not following a book. Or as you call it "living biblically".
Question: by living biblically, do you mean that doing it doggy style is out or you go to hell?

You can't be in God's presence unless your sins are covered. Only Jesus can do that.
If you acknowledge that you need Jesus, that's all it takes. Your entry to Heaven is not based on WORKS but on your faith and God's grace....
Ok, I agree that Jesus died for my sins, now I can sin all I want. I get that part.

Do I believe in free will, we have much hardwired in us before the age of 10 that is hard to not affect what we do in life , but yes I do believe people for the most part can change their thinking , do I believe in the slavery story, no.

Religion, if it is doing what it is supposed to, is meant to point people to a relationship with God, direct one into the arms of God. Both Jewish and Christian scriptures present God as craving not just a relationship with His people--but a close relationship of love, humor, and compassion. If any religion is directing people's eyes towards hell instead of towards God, this religions truly needs to remember a God who cherishes us is where the focus should be, where eyes should be directed.

Religion, if it is doing what it is supposed to, is meant to point people to a relationship with God, direct one into the arms of God. Both Jewish and Christian scriptures present God as craving not just a relationship with His people--but a close relationship of love, humor, and compassion. If any religion is directing people's eyes towards hell instead of towards God, this religions truly needs to remember a God who cherishes us is where the focus should be, where eyes should be directed.
So what did that have to do with what I said? :dunno:

Forum List

Back