Do people on the left blame Islam for the Rushdie attack?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I blame the individual. The man broke the law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I do not “blame” Iran and Islam.

I blame the individual. The man broke the law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Do you mean liberals?

There are only two leftist posters here, and they don't respond to threads like this.

He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but last I heard, there was still a $3 Million Dollar Bounty on Rushdie, so, yes, I blame Islam and Iran, also.

Considering Iran never revoked the Fatwa against him, you sure as hell can blame Iran.

They literally have said "Kill this guy and not only are you a holy warrior, we will pay you"

I blame religionist.

If you offend Catholics these days the worst thing you get is maybe a mild rebuke from the local Bishop and Bill Donohue of the Catholic League at a podium outside your office being mean for 10-15 minutes.

If you offend Catholics these days the worst thing you get is maybe a mild rebuke from the local Bishop and Bill Donohue of the Catholic League at a podium outside your office being mean for 10-15 minutes.
Islam has many more extreme religious zealots than most all Christian denominations these days.

Then why are you using the broad brush of "religionist"?
Because it all stems from the absolute belief in and devotion to something super natural (that lives beyond the natural order of the natural world). A being that passes it's laws or rules down to the mortal humans. Christianity has it's own history of punishing blasphemers too, so Islam is not alone.

Because it all stems from the absolute belief in and devotion to something super natural (that lives beyond the natural order of the natural world). A being that passes it's laws or rules down to the mortal humans. Christianity has it's own history of punishing blasphemers too, so Islam is not alone.

Well belief in political theories has a similar track record. I guess you are just bigoted against religion.

Cambodian genocide - Wikipedia

Considering Iran never revoked the Fatwa against him, you sure as hell can blame Iran.

They literally have said "Kill this guy and not only are you a holy warrior, we will pay you"

Nope. IRAN didnt do anything, That guy did.

Your paradigm is waaaaaay off.

Nope. IRAN didnt do anything, That guy did.

Your paradigm is waaaaaay off.

The leader of Iran's government issued a directive to kill him, officials of the country put a $6M bounty on his head.

Sorry, that's beyond incitement, that's a kill contract, and those are illegal everywhere.

So if I offer a reward for the murder of someone and he is murdered I cant be prosecuted?
Iran cant.

How are you going to prosecute Iran?

Maybe the lunatic Muslim should have followed the law.

Who is the US going to charge from Iran?

Forum List

Back