Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?

big difference btwn contraception and murder

big one

(although, that said, some contraceptives are really abortifacients)
The IUD is…..doesn’t really prevent conception, just implantation. Still, early hours, and nobody is going to make an issue about it.

The IUD is…..doesn’t really prevent conception, just implantation. Still, early hours, and nobody is going to make an issue about it.

Oh?

If a non enumerated right like abortion enjoys nationwide protection (states can't vote to outlaw it), then the right to keep and bear arms(an actual constitutional right), and conceal/open carry should also enjoy nationwide reciprocity, right?

If a non enumerated right like abortion enjoys nationwide protection (states can't vote to outlaw it), then the right to keep and bear arms(an actual constitutional right), and conceal/open carry should also enjoy nationwide reciprocity, right?
Are you saying both should be entirely unregulated?

Are you saying both should be entirely unregulated?
I'm not sure about unregulated, but, I mean, if you are suggesting that states be forced to recognize the right to an abortion nationwide, then states should be forced to recognize conceal carry and open carry rights nationwide. States shouldn't be able to deny one right, but not another, right?

And that’s what I just said. It should be up to each individual state to decide whether to allow their residents to kill their unborn babies. The Supreme Court can’t force them to ban the practice.

That is NOT what she said at all. IT SHOULD NOT BE UP TO THE STATES. This is an individual right which every woman in the country should be able to access on an equal basis.

There should be no abortion laws. This is a medical procedure which should be between a woman and her doctor. The idea that men in state houses, who are NOT doctors, are ordering tests, counselling and restrictions on a medical procedure is just plain wrong.

I'm not sure about unregulated, but, I mean, if you are suggesting that states be forced to recognize the right to an abortion nationwide, then states should be forced to recognize conceal carry and open carry rights nationwide. States shouldn't be able to deny one right, but not another, right?

I don't think it's quite the same thing. No state is banning concealled carry. Lots of states are banning abortion.

It's more like voting. Every voting right should be available to every voter in every state. Why should polls open late and close early in one state.

I don't think it's quite the same thing. No state is banning concealled carry. Lots of states are banning abortion.

It's more like voting. Every voting right should be available to every voter in every state. Why should polls open late and close early in one state.
Well, some states allow open/conceal carry, some don't. Some states recognize reciprocity from other states, some don't.

The right to keep and BEAR arms, shall not be infringed. So, if all states MUST be forced to allow abortion, then all states MUST be forced to recognize conceal/open carry laws from other states. That's all I'm saying.

Here's how this goes every time:

Right: We want to oppose Roe V Wade
Left: YOU WANT TO BAN ABORTION
Right: No, we want to ban late abortions and leave it up to the states to decide
Left: YOU'RE ATTACKING WOMEN AND PUTTING THEM INTO SLAVERY

You can't have these discussions with emotionally vomiting leftists.

Abortion is part of one’s right to one’s own body, it is imo Constitutional. The right to bear arms is a Constitutional right, so no state can outright ban it (or abortion). That doesn’t mean there are no limits that states can impose on either and that would include recognizing reciprocity for example, or restricting abortion after fetal viability.

Right: No, we want to ban late abortions and leave it up to the states to decide

You do want to ban abortion. “Let the states decide” is code for “don’t look, nothing’ here”. You aren’t satisfied with banning it in your state, you are now trying to ban people in your state from going elsewhere to get an abortion.

Well, some states allow open/conceal carry, some don't. Some states recognize reciprocity from other states, some don't.

The right to keep and BEAR arms, shall not be infringed. So, if all states MUST be forced to allow abortion, then all states MUST be forced to recognize conceal/open carry laws from other states. That's all I'm saying.
Not equivalent.

States can’t ban abortion across the board.
States can’t ban ownership of fire arms across the board.

All that biz about concealed carry is up to the states.

You do want to ban abortion. “Let the states decide” is code for “don’t look, nothing’ here”. You aren’t satisfied with banning it in your state, you are now trying to ban people in your state from going elsewhere to get an abortion.
Yes, and your reply is "code" for "I want to murder everyone"...

I don't trust that your identification of code language is honest or valid.

So yea.. make up any language you want, but if you want to imprint it on others to brand them, you're just an idiot.

Conceal carry laws don't ban guns. They ban you ability to conceal your gun. You can still own one. Not the same thing at all.

These abortion laws ban abortion. So this would be like gun ownership being illegal in some states, and fully legal in others.

If you're going to use a ridiculous analogy, you need a level playing field.

Also, owning a gun isn't like being forced to raise a child. There is no further financial commitment involved and it doesn't directly impact the rest of your life.

The LATE TERM ABORTIONS ARE THE MOST MEDICALLY NECESSARY ONES.

MALE POLITICIANS ARE NOT DOCTORS AND SHOULD NOT BE TELLING WOMEN HOW TO LIVE THEIR LIVES.

The difference is that PERHAPS a handful of states make it illegal. It will still be widely available in the majority of cities where the majority of people live. All the dumb, poor, irresponsible women in Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles, for example, can continue to abort their babies.

If Texas makes it illegal, then the woman or girl who wants an abortion can take a bus to a neighboring state. Planned Parenthood can reallocate all their abortion funds in Texas to an “abortion transportation fund.”
I'm a libertarian, I don't like "moral" laws.

I think abortion is a horrible crime, but it's between you and your God.

I don't believe in the idea of government reaching into anyone's body and making adjustments.

Forum List

Back