Do liberals understand that the SCOTUS is not debating whether to ban abortion?

I swear, every time I talk to a liberal, I SMH at how misinformed they are - and how deceitful the liberal media is. Just yesterday I spoke to a liberal, and in addition to her usual moaning about Republicans (to me, knowing I am a Republican), she bemoaned the “fact” that “Trump’s Republican Supreme Court” (her words) may ban abortion. When I corrected her, she said that MSNBC made it sound as though all abortions would be banned.

Listen up: for any of you libtards getting your news through MSNBC, the SCOTUS is not debating a ban. It doesn’t even have that right, just as it didn’t have the fight to force states to make it legal. It is merely debating whether the decision in Roe v Wade was constitutional, and if not, THE DECISION GOES TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES.

Dumbass, without Roe vs. Wade protection a number of states will make abortion illegal.

Roe vs Wade is all that stands between abortion being legal and not in many states.

Dumbass, without Roe vs. Wade protection a number of states will make abortion illegal.

Roe vs Wade is all that stands between abortion being legal and not in many states.
How did Roe vs. Wade end up in the SC to begin with? Flaming, uninquiring minds like to imagine "liberals" don't know.
Well, our Constitution is exceedingly clear. It says:

Anyone who is born is a Person (capital P) and has guaranteed political rights, including the right to life.

Period. End of story.
:omg: Talk about not understanding things :eek::p:sigh2:

I stopped reading at your first word. Learn how to debate without coming out with an immediate personal insult.

It will also allow states like Kansas to allow late term abortions like they had before the ban passed under Bush.

How has this topic not been relegated to the "Taunting Area" if not "Rubber Room" by now?

I stopped reading at your first word. Learn how to debate without coming out with an immediate personal insult.
Ohhh I see, you preffer slightly delayed insults, like the ones you throw around in your OP. Right dummy?

Get lost.

From title:

^Dumbass. Flaming Hypocrite.
Totally different pointing out illogical thinking among liberals as a whole and a one-word profane insult toward an individual. It is the intolerant, hateful, rude, obnoxious, childish way you people treat those who disagree with your politics that will cost you big in the midterms. Look to the Virginia gov race as a hint of what’s to come.

How has this topic not been relegated to the "Taunting Area" if not "Rubber Room" by now?
A discussion as to what any ruling from the SCOTUS means is a critical discussion, especially given how liberals don’t understand that it doesn’t mean they are considering banning abortion.

A discussion as to what any ruling from the SCOTUS means is a critical discussion, especially given how liberals don’t understand that it doesn’t mean they are considering banning abortion.

People from both sides believe, or at least argue that.

It will also allow states like Kansas to allow late term abortions like they had before the ban passed under Bush.

That is proposterous, Roe vs. Wade does not prohibit abortion.

What it did, under argument of Constitutionally guaranteed right to privacy, is prohibit government from banning abortion up to a third trimester of pregnancy, with allowance for limited regulation in second trimester.

Partial birth abortion ban law is no specifically relavant to Roe vs. Wade.

That is proposterous, Roe vs. Wade does not prohibit abortion.

What it did, under argument of Constitutionally guaranteed right to privacy, is prohibit government from banning abortion up to a third trimester of pregnancy, with allowance for limited regulation in second trimester.

Partial birth abortion ban law is no specifically relavant to Roe vs. Wade.

Of course it is. RvW is what allowed the federal law to stand. RvW allows for bans after viability which is what the PBA ban did. If it's up to the states, it's all up to the states.

Totally different pointing out illogical thinking among liberals as a whole and a one-word profane insult toward an individual.

Look snowflake, you don't want to get insulted? Start by not insulting others first.

When you open up conversation by talking shit about liberals you are going to have liberals talking shit to you. DUH.

Of course it is. RvW is what allowed the federal law to stand. RvW allows for bans after viability which is what the PBA ban did. If it's up to the states, it's all up to the states.

1. Nope, partial birth abortion law is within federal authority WITH OR WITHOUT Roe vs. Wade.

2. Even aside from that, your suggestion that KANSAS, of all places will not only keep second term abortion legal, but will allow later term abortion shows disconnect with political reality there, and in fact most of United States.

3. You seem to presume that Democrats are uniformly for unregulated late term abortion, which is again, not true. Few on the left are burning for that. I'm a liberal but I don't have an issue with prohibbiting late-term abortion without a very good reason like threat to mother's life or severe desabling deformity.

Last edited:
Nope, partial birth abortion law is within federal authority WITH OR WITHOUT Roe vs. Wade.

But even aside from that, your suggestion that KANSAS, of all places will not only keep second term abortion legal, but will allow later term abortion shows disconnect with political reality there.

I simply used Kansas as an example because they were performed there. If not Kansas they will be elsewhere.

I simply used Kansas as an example because they were performed there. If not Kansas they will be elsewhere.
Again, what makes you think that partial birth abortion ban is not within federal power?

So then the shitty states make it illegal. What's the difference?
Hope the RW extremists get there way..

Big backlash... Democrats get the votes and mandate to add members to the SC to adjust its balance to reflect the American people

Abortion is meant to be a wedge issue to get the nutjob religious to vote for Republican while they hold unchristian views on other things like poverty and inclusion..

This doesn't mean that all Christians are bad, they are not, there is some very fine people but the Republican Party does not follow the teachings of Christ...

Christ never mentioned Abortion even though it was practice used heavily in the region at the time. He did mention how to treat the poor, meek, the less fortunate, the one Republicans and RWers here call free loaders...

So save us any sanctimonious bullshit how ye think are better because of Abortion... It is a fucking wedge issue to grab votes...

Hope the RW extremists get there way..

Big backlash... Democrats get the votes and mandate to add members to the SC to adjust its balance to reflect the American people

Abortion is meant to be a wedge issue to get the nutjob religious to vote for Republican while they hold unchristian views on other things like poverty and inclusion..

This doesn't mean that all Christians are bad, they are not, there is some very fine people but the Republican Party does not follow the teachings of Christ...

Christ never mentioned Abortion even though it was practice used heavily in the region at the time. He did mention how to treat the poor, meek, the less fortunate, the one Republicans and RWers here call free loaders...

So save us any sanctimonious bullshit how ye think are better because of Abortion... It is a fucking wedge issue to grab votes...
Better yet, ban both major Parties and start fresh with seven publicly funded independent ones at a minimum. Get money out of D.C. politics altogether. Use tax revenue to pay for public researchers and aids instead of continuing to allow corporate lobbyists to corrupt the entire business.

Forum List

Back