Do I ride my bicycle slower so I will breathe less?

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
We are not fish, but we live in an ocean of gas composed of hydrogen and oxygen. The mixture and purity of this composition is important for our health and wellbeing and aberrations could have profound consequences. As individuals we live in a world of choices. We can choose not to expose ourselves to tobacco or abuse alcohol and drugs both prescription and illegal. We can avoid situations that put us in peril. It is a world of choices which some may call Darwinism.

But there is only so much we can do because as individuals we are not in complete control of our environment. The air we breathe flows from west to east due to the Earth’s rotation and the gravitational influence of our large moon. What happens upstream has a determinant effect thousands of miles away. The air is free, but an ill wind can blow no good for all.

As a believer in science this writer has concerns; our world comes with no guarantees. Global warming or global cooling are both real possibilities and each has a momentum that would not easily be stopped by the fragility of human control. What is happening in the western United States and Canada with these wildfires is a Pandora’s Box of bad stewardship of the land.

Unseasonably cool weather in the Northeast while much of the rest of the country is an oven is observable to anyone with or without a degree in climatology. These wildfires are tantamount to volcanic eruptions, sunspot activity or the Earth’s wobble but they are avoidable because they are caused by human negligence. It has nothing to do with automobile emissions or too many airplanes; that is politics. What is happening in the west is bad science and greed.

Do I ride my bicycle slower so I will breathe less? You tell me.

Possible future for Western wildfires: Decade-long burst, followed by gradual decline -- ScienceDaily

Six trends to know about fire season in the western U.S. – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)

tenor.gif

We are not fish, but we live in an ocean of gas composed of hydrogen and oxygen. The mixture and purity of this composition is important for our health and wellbeing and aberrations could have profound consequences. As individuals we live in a world of choices. We can choose not to expose ourselves to tobacco or abuse alcohol and drugs both prescription and illegal. We can avoid situations that put us in peril. It is a world of choices which some may call Darwinism.

But there is only so much we can do because as individuals we are not in complete control of our environment. The air we breathe flows from west to east due to the Earth’s rotation and the gravitational influence of our large moon. What happens upstream has a determinant effect thousands of miles away. The air is free, but an ill wind can blow no good for all.

As a believer in science this writer has concerns; our world comes with no guarantees. Global warming or global cooling are both real possibilities and each has a momentum that would not easily be stopped by the fragility of human control. What is happening in the western United States and Canada with these wildfires is a Pandora’s Box of bad stewardship of the land.

Unseasonably cool weather in the Northeast while much of the rest of the country is an oven is observable to anyone with or without a degree in climatology. These wildfires are tantamount to volcanic eruptions, sunspot activity or the Earth’s wobble but they are avoidable because they are caused by human negligence. It has nothing to do with automobile emissions or too many airplanes; that is politics. What is happening in the west is bad science and greed.

Possible future for Western wildfires: Decade-long burst, followed by gradual decline -- ScienceDaily

Six trends to know about fire season in the western U.S. – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)
I would suggest not breathing at all and letting someone else take up that space.

What is happening in the western United States and Canada with these wildfires is a Pandora’s Box of bad stewardship of the land.

Why don't you hop on yer bike and ride on over to the Western US and show them how it is done....Don't forget the Republican states that are on fire this summer also due to a drought which your smug attitude should address to God for his poor stewardship of the planet.

I say the more CO², and water vapor in the atmosphere the better. I live in the suburbs but raise hogs in my back yard. I also burn my leaves every year, as well as my neighbors' if they would permit it (fuckin hippies). For transportation I commute 60 miles per day in a Freightliner Cascadia converted to run on corn cobs and tar.
I would like to think that due to my efforts we will see bananas harvested in Manitoba by the end of this century.

No.

BtW, we live in an ocean of gas composed primarily of NITROGEN and oxygen. The air we breathe does not flow from west to east.

And, since you have an interest in science, I encourage you to keep reading.

Forum List

Back