Do Americans need weapons?

You mind sharing that "information"?
The "militia" comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens' militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens' militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

marvin martian
And at the same time, the right to arms is directly related to the militia
photo0jpg.jpg

Accordingly, only men are allowed, and men must be in the militia.

A separate amendment is required to allow women to carry weapons.

Indeed, guns are expensive toys which claim over 30,000 lives each year in USA alone.
Where does that leave you then on the subject of the uses for guns? You said there were only two, are you now saying there are more? And as far as expense, I would expect any gun I purchase to be made well. A piece of crap gun is likely to blow up in my hands, and that's not good.

Since you know firearms are used for self-defense 10x more often that for murder and 5x more often than to commit suicide, your stateent, above, is a lie.
Given the fact that there are only 200-300 justifiable homicides per year in USA, I find these studies sort of fishy.

Where does that leave you then on the subject of the uses for guns? You said there were only two, are you now saying there are more? And as far as expense, I would expect any gun I purchase to be made well. A piece of crap gun is likely to blow up in my hands, and that's not good.
Guns are expensive in terms of lives lost. As for money, there are more expensive toys.

marvin martian
And at the same time, the right to arms is directly related to the militia
photo0jpg.jpg

Accordingly, only men are allowed, and men must be in the militia.

A separate amendment is required to allow women to carry weapons.
No, because even IF the 2A was found to be limited to the militia (it's not, per the SC), it would only mean that Congress COULD write laws forbidding women from carrying weapons. Until that would happen, they could because it would not be illegal.

Guns are expensive in terms of lives lost. As for money, there are more expensive toys.
So where does that leave you then on the subject of the uses for guns? You said there were only two, are you now saying there are more?

My mother and my daughter both used a handgun to stop an attacker. In both cases the attacker ran when he realized his victim was armed and no one was hurt.

A firearm is a very effective self defense weapon especially for a woman.
I guess sometimes guns are used for self-defense. But too many lives are lost to guns.

No, because even IF the 2A was found to be limited to the militia (it's not, per the SC)
This follows from the text of the amendment itself.
it would only mean that Congress COULD write laws forbidding women from carrying weapons. Until that would happen, they could because it would not be illegal.
No. Congress cannot change what is written in the constitution. And it says that US men as part of the militia have the right to own weapons, and must also have equipment and be organized.

Even opiates may have benign uses. But harm outweighs the good.
Sounds brainwashed. It is one of the greatest pain relievers mother nature put on this earth. The current war on it's use has added another layer of corruption to an already corrupt war on Americans and done nothing to curb the problem. In fact their efforts have made the problem worse.

Sounds brainwashed. It is one of the greatest pain relievers mother nature put on this earth. The current war on it's use has added another layer of corruption to an already corrupt war on Americans and done nothing to curb the problem. In fact their efforts have made the problem worse.
I think that the fight against opiates is a purely leftist initiative. The left has always used alcohol, opiates compete with alcohol.

In left-wing regimes, the ban on opiates is so strict that people go to jail for several years for a single dose, without the fact of trying to sell or distribute. That is, ordinary drug addicts are imprisoned

Opiates, despite the harm of addiction, do not seriously harm health and do not make stupid pigs out of people, this is the problem of the left.

Somewhere I came across information that in the US constitution this applies only to men.
Lol, keep studying you do not understand our country. Lol Here our women have the same rights as everyone else. Also most people on what is considered the left here own guns. You say we are not as smart or courageous as we were during the revolution you would be wrong. Invade us pretty much everyone over the age of 11 will be packing. Good luck!

Forum List

Back