DNC Pushes Ad That Mitt Loves Firing People

So liking the ability to fire your insurance company and hiring another one you prefer is the EXACT same liking to fire people just so someone is without a job?

What? No one said that and Mitt said he liked firing people who dont provide him a service also. Do you think that ONLY applies to insurance service? No one said Mitt likes to fire people to see them out of a job. Stop it already. geez

Oh boy, I can expect plenty more of this fun as campaign time draws near. I expect like Christmas music though it'll get old about a week into it though.

It's a sad day when i have to defend Romney, the mirror image of Obama.

Yeah Perry made a ring tone out of the comment. Should be fun.

Its not a lie...He said it.

The only way the context could have been different is if he actually said:

"I like Firing people...out of cannons"

Then expand on these earlier remarks plz.

If you take the comment at face value, why do you think Romney likes firing people? In what instances does he personally enjoy firing people?

He said he likes firing people. I dont know how that translates in your mind into your earlier comment

So liking the ability to fire your insurance company and hiring another one you prefer is the EXACT same liking to fire people just so someone is without a job?

How did you come to that conclusion? You made it up..thats how

What? No one said that and Mitt said he liked firing people who dont provide him a service also. Do you think that ONLY applies to insurance service? No one said Mitt likes to fire people to see them out of a job. Stop it already. geez

If you take the comment at face value, why do you think Romney likes firing people? In what instances does he personally enjoy firing people?

He said he likes firing people. I dont know how that translates in your mind into your earlier comment

Could you please expand on the comments you made earlier and that I put in bold?

Thank you

eh... after his ads about newtie... i'd get over it if i were him.

and i seem to recall him using a quote by the president totally out of context...

oops... karma is a boomerang.

Someone on his campaign pretty much admitted what they were doing, too, and defended it, so he really DOESN'T have a leg to stand on.

:lol:

I like firing people who fail to provide me the services i request as well. That's probably one of many reasons progressives don't like me.

But it's much better than the alternative of being forced to employ people doing a crappy job.

Maybe my brain is too stupid to understand it, but i'll never understand how firing one person and replacing that person with someone more capable of doing the job is wrong and/or immoral.

:lol: Yeah, when you craft the question that way I'm sure you dont understand how someone could disagree. It's like the salesman that called me about life insurance and said "Is 20 minutes too much to ask for to protect your family?"

He was shocked when I said "Yes". :badgrin:

Look all over this board, you see democrats and even republicans attacking Romney for firing people, you know a basic aspect of capitalism.

Could you please expand on the comments you made earlier and that I put in bold?

Thank you

How can I expand on "it's not a lie he said it"? It's not a falsehood because he is on video stating "I like firing people". The only way that could be taken out of context is if he was telling a story about his days at the circus and said "I like firing people out of cannons" and the last part was snipped.

Does that clear it up for you?

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.
Being dishonest, it was the brainchild of your MessiahRushie for a Snooty Newtie ad.

January 9, 2012
RUSH: Okay, now, there are -- let's see -- one, two, three, four, five, six, seven words here that are going to be: "I like being able to fire people." You can see the ad now, can't you? A smiling Mitt Romney with the biggest grin, biggest smile they can find -- huge -- right in the middle of the TV screen; underneath it: "I like being able to fire people." Newt will run an ad that says, "See, I Told You So!" (laughing)
END TRANSCRIPT

Thank you

How can I expand on "it's not a lie he said it"? It's not a falsehood because he is on video stating "I like firing people". The only way that could be taken out of context is if he was telling a story about his days at the circus and said "I like firing people out of cannons" and the last part was snipped.

Got a link to that video? Because the only one I've seen, he said "I like being able to fire people". Key word 'able'.

I like firing people who fail to provide me the services i request as well. That's probably one of many reasons progressives don't like me.

But it's much better than the alternative of being forced to employ people doing a crappy job.

Maybe my brain is too stupid to understand it, but i'll never understand how firing one person and replacing that person with someone more capable of doing the job is wrong and/or immoral.

Nor do I. And i dont understand why we should be forced to employ people who aren't doing what they do.

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Tell it to Mittens. :dunno:

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney ad charges Obama said, 'If we keep talking about the economy, we

On the eve of a presidential trip to New Hampshire on Nov. 22, 2011, Mitt Romney’s campaign released an ad targeting President Barack Obama. In the ad, the Romney campaign used a quote that prompted an immediate counterattack from the Obama camp, which argued that it had been taken out of context.

The ad then has a clip of Obama saying,"If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose."

But here's what Obama actually said:

"Even as we face the most serious economic crisis of our time, even as you are worried about keeping your jobs or paying your bills or staying in your homes, my opponent's campaign announced earlier this month that they want to ‘turn the page’ on the discussion about our economy so they can spend the final weeks of this election attacking me instead," Obama said in the speech. "Sen. McCain's campaign actually said, and I quote, ‘If we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose.’"

And then Romney feebly defended the ad:

Romney defends out-of-context ad attacking Obama - USATODAY.com

"There was no hidden effort on the part of our campaign. It was instead to point out that what's sauce for the goose is now sauce for the gander," Romney said, after addressing more than 300 employees of a downtown insurance company. "This ad points out, now, guess what, it's your turn. The same lines used on John McCain are now going to be used on you, which is that this economy is going to be your albatross."

A lie is a lie....no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you excuse, no matter how you spin it.

I'll remember that after the nomination process is over and the general election is gearing up.

Oh.. hell... might as well start now.

KenyanMuslimCommunistwhowantstopulltheplugongrandmaandwantstodestroyamericasothatwecanbecomeadictatorshipandhateswhitepeopletoo.
just for starters.

None of those examples are lies. Whats your point? :D

Thank you

So if someone is doing a bad job to you, you really don't want the ability to fire them and replace them with someone else?

42% approval for Obama.....forty. two. percent.
aa8x65c1jeyt-i3spb55kg.gif

Obama's approval rating will be a critical indicator of his re-election chances this year. If he can sustain higher approval ratings through early November, his odds of winning a second term will increase. Gallup finds that all presidents since Eisenhower with approval ratings above 50% have won re-election easily. George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004 with 48% approval at the time of the election.

If Obama's approval rating reverts to the low 40% range, he would have a difficult time defeating a Republican in a two-candidate race.

One key to improving his approval rating and re-election chances is expanding his support among independents. Currently, 81% of Democrats, 42% of independents, and 10% of Republicans approve of Obama. By comparison, last January, when he had an overall monthly average of 49%, Obama's approval rating was 83% among Democrats, 47% among independents, and 13% among Republicans.

Obama needs a third party candidate to run- or he is going to be unemployed very soon!

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

Now, it's just Romney's turn in the barrel.

Actually it gave us insight to his personality.

He was against something but he was trying to take credit for being for it.

He said he likes being able to fire someone that provides services to him.

He didn't say he likes firing people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]

And that attitude is what is wrong with our political system. The 'Mom, he did it too' bullshit. Why the hell we cannot just all demand higher standards of all our politicians is beyond me. Why the left cannot grab their own by the throat and demand honesty and integrity, and why the right cannot do likewise with theirs is incomprehensible.

Because there's no punishment for doing it.

So you only do something that is right if there is a punishment for not doing it? Oh. That's an interesting concept. I try to do the right thing, because it is the right thing. Again, I'm learning more about why this country is a clusterfuck. People like you are the cause.

Do you act like a rude, vulgar, dishonest, obnoxious bitch on this forum because you believe it's the right thing to do, or because you can't be punished for it?

:lol::lol::lol:

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

Now, it's just Romney's turn in the barrel.

Actually it gave us insight to his personality.

He was against something but he was trying to take credit for being for it.

No. You're ignorant of the true story too.

He was for it when the bill included provisions to PAY for the 87 billion. Bush vowed to veto the bill if those provisions were in it.

It really doesn't matter to some on the left if they're repeating a lie. They've been doing that for too long to change. DWS admitted that it doesn't matter if the quote was intentionally taken out of context, because she says it fits in with their belief (or their attempts to make) Romney look(s) less palatable to conservatives and independents alike because of the his past decisions.

It's all bullshit, but they fully intend on fostering this lie till it becomes accepted by all that it is a lie.

This is how they operate.

It's exactly like the lie they made up about Newt Gingrich handing his cancer-ridden wife divorce papers on her death-bed.....or the lie that the Tea Party is radical, full of terrorists, and racists.....and that the GOP is the party of dirty air and dirty water.

Last edited:
Because there's no punishment for doing it.

So you only do something that is right if there is a punishment for not doing it? Oh. That's an interesting concept. I try to do the right thing, because it is the right thing. Again, I'm learning more about why this country is a clusterfuck. People like you are the cause.

Do you act like a rude, vulgar, dishonest, obnoxious bitch on this forum because you believe it's the right thing to do, or because you can't be punished for it?

:lol::lol::lol:

I speak as I find, offend or please. That it offends you is because you're an idiot... and I tell you that you are an idiot. You being an idiot is not my problem.

Forum List

Back