DNC Pushes Ad That Mitt Loves Firing People

You're too dumb to realize this tactic works in a general election but not in a GOP primary.

Do you want me to explain why?

So the Romney super pac money directed at Gingrich in Iowa had no effect? Seriously?

Glad you think paybacks are a good thing.

So I can take that as an affirmation of my criticisms of Obama then.

Wow.

What a load off my shoulders that is.

what you posted has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. The only load on your shoulders is your ass.

1) Ayers did say it
2) I wish all people who aspire to be cop killers and terrorists would die a horrible death, preferably in a way eerily similar to their own actions... no matter the
political or religious affiliation

He did not say he wish he had made more bombs! That what he said was taken out of context is the point. Nice how you go on a tangent about how you believe the out of context messages you been exposed too. :badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_whistle:

When asked if he regretted his past, he said "My only regret is that we did not do enough". Did he say he 'regretted' planting bombs? No. Did he feel any remorse about killing an individual? No. He regretted that they stopped.

Bill Ayers is a terrorist who should be in prison, but he's teaching the next generation. And, apparently, you're ok with that. That says a lot about you.

His goal was to stop the war is SE Asia. He regretted not doing enough to stop the war. I was not okay with the Vietnam war and the military impressing (slavery?) young men into killing and dying a half a world away from home.

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

Now, it's just Romney's turn in the barrel.

And that attitude is what is wrong with our political system. The 'Mom, he did it too' bullshit. Why the hell we cannot just all demand higher standards of all our politicians is beyond me. Why the left cannot grab their own by the throat and demand honesty and integrity, and why the right cannot do likewise with theirs is incomprehensible.

Did DWS take Romney's words out of context? The comments from her that I find don't seem to (DNC boss: Mitt Romney callous, insensitive - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com). Indeed, she volunteers that he was talking about insurance providers, then correctly notes that his statement about firing people was made more generally.

Even if DWS did take Romney's words out of context, it would be far from the most dishonest thing that either political party does. See, eg, Romney's own "pants on fire" statements on politifact.

I don't have a moral problem with what Romney said, but it was politically boneheaded. His biggest political liability may be that he made a lot of money at Bain by firing people (among other things of course), so what does he say? "I like being able to fire people". Asking the DNC to ignore that is like leaving a nice juicy ham on the floor overnight and expecting your dog to leave it alone.

So the DNC is a bunch of dogs?

That's insulting to dogs.

Dogs are much more trustworthy.

Last edited:
Ah...how sad. The Republicans are upset because the Dems have been studying at THEIR "out of context" conservatory. Boo freaking hoo...

Let me try to piece this crazy sentence together.

You're a hardcore democrat supporter, you're hardcore against the republican party, the republican party does something you don't like, then the democrat party does the exact same thing, and at the end of this equation is you continuing to have unwavering support for the democrat party?

For the love of Pete, somebody help me out.

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

And that attitude is what is wrong with our political system. The 'Mom, he did it too' bullshit. Why the hell we cannot just all demand higher standards of all our politicians is beyond me. Why the left cannot grab their own by the throat and demand honesty and integrity, and why the right cannot do likewise with theirs is incomprehensible.

Because there's no punishment for doing it.

Because there's no punishment for doing it.

So you only do something that is right if there is a punishment for not doing it? Oh. That's an interesting concept. I try to do the right thing, because it is the right thing. Again, I'm learning more about why this country is a clusterfuck. People like you are the cause.

Ah...how sad. The Republicans are upset because the Dems have been studying at THEIR "out of context" conservatory. Boo freaking hoo...

You're a hardcore democrat supporter, you're hardcore against the republican party, the republican party does something you don't like, then the democrat party does the exact same thing, and at the end of this equation is you continuing to have unwavering support for the democrat party?

It's simple....Democrats usually have a ready made excuse for everything they do they know is wrong.

The people that support them accept this. They have to. They can't go around acting like GOP voters and actually vote with their principles and their sense of right and wrong.

Being a liberal means you have to invent reasons to vote for a person that couldn't get a job on the outside as a CEO to save their lives. Their candidates make poor leaders, but they give them stuff, and they love the planet, so it doesn't matter that they have to lead from behind because whenever they are put in charge they always screw the pooch.

Last edited:
I like firing people who fail to provide me the services i request as well. That's probably one of many reasons progressives don't like me.

But it's much better than the alternative of being forced to employ people doing a crappy job.

It's simple....Democrats usually have a ready made excuse for everything they do they know is wrong.

The people that support them accept this. They have to. They can't go around acting like GOP voters and actually vote with their principles and their sense of right and wrong.

Being a liberal means you have to invent reasons to vote for a person that couldn't get a job on the outside as a CEO to save their lives. Their candidates make poor leaders, but they give them stuff, and they love the planet, so it doesn't matter that they have to lead from behind because whenever they are put in charge they always screw the pooch.

In fairness, Mudster, the GOP hardly have the moral highground when it comes to 'right' and 'wrong'.

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.

Debby Wasserman-Schultz is simply showing us all how sleazy the attacks on whoever the Republican nominee turns out to be will be by the Democrats. When you've got the Main Stream Media in your back pocket you can get away with totally distorting the truth because they won't call you on it.

I like firing people who fail to provide me the services i request as well. That's probably one of many reasons progressives don't like me.

But it's much better than the alternative of being forced to employ people doing a crappy job.

Maybe my brain is too stupid to understand it, but i'll never understand how firing one person and replacing that person with someone more capable of doing the job is wrong and/or immoral.

A lie is a lie....no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you excuse, no matter how you spin it.

Its not a lie...He said it.

The only way the context could have been different is if he actually said:

"I like Firing people...out of cannons"

A lie is a lie....no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you excuse, no matter how you spin it.

So liking the ability to fire your insurance company and hiring another one you prefer is the EXACT same liking to fire people just so someone is without a job?

Oh boy, I can expect plenty more of this fun as campaign time draws near. I expect like Christmas music though it'll get old about a week into it though.

It's a sad day when i have to defend Romney, the mirror image of Obama.

In fairness, Mudster, the GOP hardly have the moral highground when it comes to 'right' and 'wrong'.

We usually kick those types to the curb.

So liking the ability to fire your insurance company and hiring another one you prefer is the EXACT same liking to fire people just so someone is without a job?

What? No one said that and Mitt said he liked firing people who dont provide him a service also. Do you think that ONLY applies to insurance service? No one said Mitt likes to fire people to see them out of a job. Stop it already. geez

Oh boy, I can expect plenty more of this fun as campaign time draws near. I expect like Christmas music though it'll get old about a week into it though.

Yeah Perry made a ring tone out of the comment. Should be fun.

Maybe my brain is too stupid to understand it, but i'll never understand how firing one person and replacing that person with someone more capable of doing the job is wrong and/or immoral.

When you think profits are more evil than al Qaeda, you're capable of rationalizing just about anything.

What? No one said that and Mitt said he liked firing people who dont provide him a service also. Do you think that ONLY applies to insurance service? No one said Mitt likes to fire people to see them out of a job. Stop it already. geez

Yeah Perry made a ring tone out of the comment. Should be fun.

Then expand on these earlier remarks plz.

If you take the comment at face value, why do you think Romney likes firing people? In what instances does he personally enjoy firing people?

Last edited:

:lol: Yeah, when you craft the question that way I'm sure you dont understand how someone could disagree. It's like the salesman that called me about life insurance and said "Is 20 minutes too much to ask for to protect your family?"

He was shocked when I said "Yes". :badgrin:

Forum List

Back