Disappointed in God

Think about it. Who chooses what is "real schools". That is how schools got into the mess they are in today. You decide religion isn't important; someone else decides auto shop isn't important; another says music isn't important, either. Once we limit even one choice, it opens the door to limiting others.
Teaching fairy tales as fact hurts children.

If you have a court date then you would have had to have been subpoenaed. And if you were subpoenaed then he would have had to have sketched out the legal argument he intended to present. So yeah, he will have to either drop the case, settle it or have his day in court. So he believes you harmed him.
Sure, but his case is seriously built on a house of cards. And he's a professional victim, it's always everyone else's fault, never his own.

Sure, but his case is seriously built on a house of cards. And he's a professional victim, it's always everyone else's fault, never his own.
That's called an external locus of control but you don't have to convince me of the moral argument you are making. You have to convince the judge or jury of how unfair he is being. Let's just hope they don't ask you if truth is absolute or relative.

No, they are addicted to it.
Semantics. Their behaviors show just how much they worship alcohol. Their every thought and action is centered around it. Humans are very compulsive that way. It's the animal nature of people who don't realize they were made for more. We worship all kinds of material things.

If I asked you " Why don;t you feel the need to feed your kids/" would you call that rhetorical?
Even after explanations, you do enjoy grinding, don't you. (Observation, no need to respond.) I don't feel the need to feed my kids because they are more than capable of feeding themselves. Now, every so often I run across a student who is hungry, so I provide for them.

Let's go back. When people tell you they have stepped foot (so-to-speak) in the spiritual realm, you tell them no they haven't, it was merely mind play. Are you being disrespectful to me and my experience/knowledge, or are you merely sharing your own belief? So the rhetorical question that we respect each other's position.

So here is the deal: In our last two posts you have told me (1) what I experienced didn't happen as I said, it happened an entirely different way. And (2) what I explained was merely rhetorical you insisted was not.

Now, I get, that because I often have several things going at once, that what I wrote the first time I might have/should have expressed better. What I don't get is you brushing aside my clarification. Are you after a fight? Because if you are, I concede, you win. I don't do fights, I do discussions.

I do not believe it is God's responsibility to prevent us from messing up, and when we do inevitably make mistakes I do not believe we should blame God instead of owning our errors. God may help us live with the consequences of our actions, but we should not be disappointed in God for our sins that we chose to commit.
Well put.

This is what you asked for oh surly one.

I believe that the tablets shown are the basis for the Egyptian Moses story. THE ONE ETCHED IN STONE.

Now why don't you produce some evidence, any evidence, of the six worded religion you keep mumbling about on every thread in the religion forum.

View attachment 588572

those are not the tablets - they are a relief of the unsubstantiated biblical claim for their existence and the basis for what is written in their documents as 10 commandments - from heaven - that are not verified by any physical proof and therefore a forgery and the disclaimer of authenticity for all three desert religions.

in your photo, have you interpreted the inscription, just for giggles what it claims.

ours is the spoken religion of antiquity, as prescribed - the triumph of good vs evil - the mission granted a&e and their request for self determination.

produce the etched tablets from heaven otherwise all three desert religions are fabrications and there is no basis for monotheism and the golden calf was simply a rejection of moses he could not tolerate like all selfish people - and reflected throughout the desert religions - as proven by recorded history.

Even after explanations, you do enjoy grinding, don't you. (Observation, no need to respond.) I don't feel the need to feed my kids because they are more than capable of feeding themselves. Now, every so often I run across a student who is hungry, so I provide for them.

Let's go back. When people tell you they have stepped foot (so-to-speak) in the spiritual realm, you tell them no they haven't, it was merely mind play. Are you being disrespectful to me and my experience/knowledge, or are you merely sharing your own belief? So the rhetorical question that we respect each other's position.

So here is the deal: In our last two posts you have told me (1) what I experienced didn't happen as I said, it happened an entirely different way. And (2) what I explained was merely rhetorical you insisted was not.

Now, I get, that because I often have several things going at once, that what I wrote the first time I might have/should have expressed better. What I don't get is you brushing aside my clarification. Are you after a fight? Because if you are, I concede, you win. I don't do fights, I do discussions.
Not buying it.

There is no way that question would be taken as rhetorical by the person it was asked of.

Even you felt the need to answer my question by explaining why you don't feel the need to feed your kids therefore the question wasn't rhetorical. I wonder if your answer would be the same if your kids were 2 and 3 years old.

Even you felt the need to answer my question by explaining why you don't feel the need to feed your kids therefore the question wasn't rhetorical. I wonder if your answer would be the same if your kids were 2 and 3 years old.
Actually, they could feed themselves then, as well. There were times my husband traveled, and the news has enough stories of something happening to the single parent and children left in need. So I made sure my two could feed themselves if something happened to me. Had something happened to me when they were infants, that would have been terrible.

People are more alike than they are different. Neuroscience can explain much more today than in could thousands of years ago.
And, of course, having a supernatural experience, you seem to believe it never crossed my mind to do all the neuroscience research available.

Are you saying you have no need to understand and respect those of us who put God and His Way first. (That is worship.) What is your own definition of 'worship' that you have no need to do? What do you put first?

Back in the 1400s, there were plenty of people who had no use for a western hemisphere. That's fine. But the explorers were of a different mind. Many today find great strength and happiness in their exploration of the spiritual realm. Like some of the people of 1400s, there are people today who see this spiritual exploration as nuts. So, to each his own.

no -

that is a false dichotomy for supreme selfishness and the basis of the great evil, paterfamilias and why the 1st century itinerant was willing to be crucified for their liberation theology, self deturmination - the u s constitution specifically prohibits religious interference in the daily lives of all individuals and the very basis this country was founded on.

I’ll try this from a personal level…

My father was the most decent, loyal, God-fearing individual I’ve ever known. He served his family, his nation, his employer and his God with equal dedication for the first 50 years of his life. He built a family and then a home for us, literally. He served everyone else’s needs before his own.
THEN, just as he reached the point in his life where he and my mother were going to be able to start to relax and do thing for themselves… BAM!!!! Cancer. Melanoma. Most likely caused by his exposure to Agent Orange while serving his nation and overexposure to the sun while working outside to help his family and others.

For three years we prayed and sought every bit of medical help we could. He refused to stop helping others and attending church regularly as he literally withered away. Especially after the Cancer moved into his brain. He died on his 54th birthday, taken far to soon and never having had the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

My faith in God and Religion died with him. I’ve come to find my own Spiritual path in the last 20 years. One thst doesn’t suggest The Divine cares one whit about any of us.

Don't blame God. 'Stuff' happens.
Ecclesiastes 9:11
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Don't blame God. 'Stuff' happens.
Yes, Stuff does happen.,My problem was that I’d been taught for 27 years that my father’s God was supposed to be there to help him when the Stuff hits the fan. So far as I was concerned, that God abandoned my father as soon as the Stuff got real. I’m not wasting my time, money or energy in a supposedly loving and caring God who”s nowhere to be found when needed.

My spiritual search led me to the belief that The Deity doesn’t give a fuck about any of us and in fact puts as much Stuff as possible in our way to test our Souls.

Yes, Stuff does happen.,My problem was that I’d been taught for 27 years that my father’s God was supposed to be there to help him when the Stuff hits the fan. So far as I was concerned, that God abandoned my father as soon as the Stuff got real. I’m not wasting my time, money or energy in a supposedly loving and caring God who”s nowhere to be found when needed.

My spiritual search led me to the belief that The Deity doesn’t give a fuck about any of us and in fact puts as much Stuff as possible in our way to test our Souls.
You are entitled to your anger of course. God is arbitrary regarding healing, etc.

You are entitled to your anger of course. God is arbitrary regarding healing, etc.
I’ve got plenty of anger to go around regarding what happened to my father. God, my father, and a number of family members included.

I am thankful that it opened my eyes before I wasted any more time, energy or money on the fraud of organized religion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back