Disappointed in God

It means you can tell what someone believes and values through their actions. They can say one thing but it's what they do that tells you what they believe and value.
Sure, actions speak louder than words. I don't see any "worshipping" though.

Are you saying you have no need to understand and respect those of us who put God and His Way first. (That is worship.) What is your own definition of 'worship' that you have no need to do? What do you put first?

Back in the 1400s, there were plenty of people who had no use for a western hemisphere. That's fine. But the explorers were of a different mind. Many today find great strength and happiness in their exploration of the spiritual realm. Like some of the people of 1400s, there are people today who see this spiritual exploration as nuts. So, to each his own.
Where have I ever shown disrespect?

Not believing what you believe is NOT disrespect.

And there is no analogy between exploring the boundaries of a planet and exploring a spiritual realm.

What people call the spiritual realm is nothing but an aspect of the mind. The mind is the product of the function of the brain the brain is part of the body.

Ya, to real schools. What's wrong with that?
Think about it. Who chooses what is "real schools". That is how schools got into the mess they are in today. You decide religion isn't important; someone else decides auto shop isn't important; another says music isn't important, either. Once we limit even one choice, it opens the door to limiting others.

Not me personally, my lawyer may have gone. The first thing my opponent did was ask for a delay, then asked to settle out of court, then waited 3 years not doing anything, so we're headed back to court next month to hear the judge tell him to shit or get off the pot, lol. I won't be there in person that time either.
If you have a court date then you would have had to have been subpoenaed. And if you were subpoenaed then he would have had to have sketched out the legal argument he intended to present. So yeah, he will have to either drop the case, settle it or have his day in court. So he believes you harmed him.

Not believing what you believe is NOT disrespect
Whoever said it was?! I majored in Journalism. Me choosing that option is not disrespecting all other options. It is respecting that their are other options. What nerve did I hit in you?

You asked me if I didn't feel the need to respect other people

If you think I am not disrespectful why would you ask that?
Ever hear of rhetorical questions used to acknowledge the obvious?

And there is no analogy between exploring the boundaries of a planet and exploring a spiritual realm.
Sure there is. Ask anyone who has stepped into that spiritual realm. It is quite different from the physical realm.

Disappointed in God?

Maybe God is disappointed in us. We can think, learn, reason, invent, innovate, yes? So why is it God's fault when we make bad decisions and screw up? Is it his fault we invent new and more deadly weapons to kill others and continually make war on one another? Is it Gods fault we do not treat each other as equals? Is it God's fault there is so much Hate, Anger, Fear, Envy, Jealousy, Greed? Babies are not born with those issues, right? If this world and those who live here are fucked up, is it God's fault? Or ours?

What people call the spiritual realm is nothing but an aspect of the mind.
It is more than that. It is amusing when people who have never had the experience define it for those who have. You not believing there is such a realm is fine, just as it was fine for those to stay in the Old World rather than choose to travel to the New.

It is more than that. It is amusing when people who have never had the experience define it for those who have. You not believing there is such a realm is fine, just as it was fine for those to stay in the Old World rather than choose to travel to the New.
It's funny when those who say they have experienced something that came from somewhere outside their mind and yet can't prove it.

And the Old world is the world of mysticism not the New World.

Disappointed in God?

Maybe God is disappointed in us. We can think, learn, reason, invent, innovate, yes? So why is it God's fault when we make bad decisions and screw up? Is it his fault we invent new and more deadly weapons to kill others and continually make war on one another? Is it Gods fault we do not treat each other as equals? Is it God's fault there is so much Hate, Anger, Fear, Envy, Jealousy, Greed? Babies are not born with those issues, right? If this world and those who live here are fucked up, is it God's fault? Or ours?
People who have gone before us have helped to build the choices with which we are presented in our own life. I don't think of it so much as God being disappointed as God knowing the troubles we can get ourselves into and being there in all eras to lend a hand in helping us to live through them.

For example, I have a job that is run by bureaucrats who have no practical experience in the work I do. Despite their lack of experience, they are confident they know best because they are higher on the run. It is God who helps me navigate the realities of this world and yet retain peace and love. He is confident (and I am confident) that He can lead me through what is sometimes a dark valley.

YEah that wasn't rhetorical
You sure didn't take it that way. You must think you have been disrespectful if you conclude I think you are disrespectful when I have never thought any such thing. What do you think you said that I found disrespectful? Myself, I can't find a thing.

You sure didn't take it that way. You must think you have been disrespectful if you conclude I think you are disrespectful when I have never thought any such thing. What do you think you said that I found disrespectful? Myself, I can't find a thing.
It wasn't.

The question " Why don't you feel the need to respect others?" is not rhetorical, It is too specific to be rhetorical and it implies that you think the person you are asking that question doesn't feel the need to respect others.

If I asked you " Why don;t you feel the need to feed your kids/" would you call that rhetorical?

People who have gone before us have helped to build the choices with which we are presented in our own life. I don't think of it so much as God being disappointed as God knowing the troubles we can get ourselves into and being there in all eras to lend a hand in helping us to live through them.

For example, I have a job that is run by bureaucrats who have no practical experience in the work I do. Despite their lack of experience, they are confident they know best because they are higher on the run. It is God who helps me navigate the realities of this world and yet retain peace and love. He is confident (and I am confident) that He can lead me through what is sometimes a dark valley.

I do not believe it is God's responsibility to prevent us from messing up, and when we do inevitably make mistakes I do not believe we should blame God instead of owning our errors. God may help us live with the consequences of our actions, but we should not be disappointed in God for our sins that we chose to commit.

Forum List

Back